Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What house are your sims living in?

Comments

• Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    My sims' house isn't the most glamorous, but it definitely performs! It was originally an EA-made house from Starlight Shores, but I gutted it, remodeled it, did additions, and generally made it all my sims' own. Helen has upgraded almost everything in the house. 21 sims and a cat live here.

The front:
    41161559865_2619440f74_o.jpg

The back:
    42017214082_6fd03bc8b5_o.jpg

There is water on the property:
    42061907841_199077a58e_o.jpg

It is right across from the school in Bridgeport. I also put Prism Art Studio next to the school-so that is nearby as well. With 11 kids in the house (counting the heir's future partner, who was getting into too much trouble on her own) the proximity to the school comes in handy!
    42017215642_f36e0b7744_o.jpg

Basement floor, Rose lives down there with Cid Serverus from Uni. There are two empty rooms, as well as a bathroom and full kitchen, two computers and a dining area:
    42061909161_42cf0a452d_o.jpg

Main Floor, Here sleeps the toddler twins, their uncle Rylee, twin uncles June and Sage, Aunt Samantha and her gf Natasha, the cat, and the toddlers' mothers. There is a music area, pool, hottub, kitchen, dining area, magic area, teleportation pad, 5 bathrooms, various toys outside for the kids.
    42017216932_d4910ef124_o.jpg

Second floor is mostly entertainment. With a third kitchen, television area, birds, chess, pool tables, stereo, dj, karaoke, dancefloor, etc. Also the quadruplets, Lucy, Luna, Leia, and Liv live on this floor.
    27191747397_7ef1633184_o.jpg

On the top floor live the founders, their sixth child, their oldest son and his husband, and their oldest grandchild. There is also a room up there just for painting. They also prefer to carve their pumpkins in this hallway. There's a photobooth, chemistry lab, alchemy table, gem cutting machine and trampoline.
    42017218302_3c4b81cbc3_o.jpg
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    My sims are just living in a starter home in Moonlight Falls... I can't build in Sims 3 because I'm so used to the Sims 4 build mode... I'm just trying to save money for them so they can get a bigger house... Still missing like 30k from 330k :''D
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Blurry real estate agents. Humph. There is a special class of sim in my worlds who get the unique experience of living on lots designed with tools such as these; http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1773

You guys with all that design talent may keep your mansions and ginormous structures that sleep 30, but you have never seen sims so happy with their lives as those who live on these lots of mine. Real estate agents never call back when it's time to negotiate a sale, I guess too much of a good thing scares them all away. B)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Blurry real estate agents. Humph. There is a special class of sim in my worlds who get the unique experience of living on lots designed with tools such as these; http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1773

You guys with all that design talent may keep your mansions and ginormous structures that sleep 30, but you have never seen sims so happy with their lives as those who live on these lots of mine. Real estate agents never call back when it's time to negotiate a sale, I guess too much of a good thing scares them all away. B)

Can’t handle so much classiness.
    giphy.gif

You’ve made all my attempts at making pretty houses look terrible. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @CK213
    Lol glad this thread got you in the Sims 3 mood again. But as always, you made a very lovely house! I’ve always loved seeing your builds, they’ve always had great design elements to them.

@polrbear
    Yeah...I could never have the patience to control 21 sims! :o
    I lose patience at controlling 7. And even then I killed one of them off by having them rant at death so I wouldn’t have to control so many :D

Anyway, that is a great mansion! The decor and landscaping are awesome.

@Bettyboop55
    I love Sunlit Tides and that house looks amazing there :o

@PeculiarPlumbob
    Well when your simmies are able to afford their new home, be sure to show the pics! :)
    Post edited by Amphora on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    also @igazor, you reminded me of a fun project I had one time in Twinbrook. Since the neighborhood looks trashey enough I had to add something to give it the complete classy makeover
    tumblr_p8n9whoQqx1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

A beat up couch and a questionable toilet in the front yard. Now that. THAT is class right there. I daresay house realtors would have a supremely easy job selling this place.
    Post edited by Amphora on
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member

I could definitely use some of those things for the homeless game I want to play.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Wow, all these houses are terrific you guys! I love seeing everyone's different styles and tastes <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2018
    @Amphora Thank you :blush: I really like your decorating skills. You're a skilled builder too.
    @Nikkei_Simmer The painting is a result of the default painting mod I use. :)

Wow, that's a fun fact about you being a realtor. My husband and I just purchased out first home. That kitchen is very nice and having enough space for sims to route is very important in this game.
    @Charlottesmom Both houses look very nice! I like a lot of windows too.
    @CK213 You just had to pop in and show off... :smirk: I love your builds. Very nice screenshots! I get excited when I see that you're playing TS3 again.
    @polrbear 21 sims... and a single cat. I bet they still run out of room, no? Very nice remodeled version. I'm enjoying visiting Starlight Shores again. It has some really cool modern style premade lots.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited May 2018
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Wow, that's a fun fact about you being a realtor. My husband and I just purchased out first home. That kitchen is very nice and having enough space for sims to route is very important in this game.

@SimplyJen; I figure if I was in the business now (since I'm in my late 40s, my word would probably carry more weight than a guy in his mid twenties as I was when I was in the business). but my boss certainly thought I knew my stuff since I had taken my agents course. In fact, when my boss and the other designated nominee in the office used to go out for lunch, it was "Hey, can you stay in the office and look over any contracts that come through to see if there's any discrepancies..."

Oh, one guy went and did a major no-no which was talk to a client who had already been listed with another agency. It's a major no-no known as "inducing breach of contract". Oooh...that could have gone all the way up to Council. Sometimes as an agent you have to reel in the "over-eager" salespeople or in their eagerness they can make your office look bad. And it just so happened that I was in the office and got a call from the other salesperson's agent saying that "so and so in your office just talked up one of my salespeople's listings, what the hell is going on? Who's the manager..." "Well, the manager isn't in the office right now and I'm acting nominee, you mind telling me who the offending agent is?" "Blah blah blah...so and so...?"

Oh...I hauled that offending salesperson into the manager's office and went up one side of the guy and down the other. "You do realize just how badly you mucked up? You just contravened Section 5.5 of the Real Estate Association Rules and Regulations. Inducing breach of contract prohibited; 5-5 A licensee must not induce any party to an agreement for a trade in real estate to break the agreement for the purpose of entering into an agreement with another party." Chapter and verse quoted verbatim: "Do you realize that I could ask for your license right now and terminate you if the manager agrees?" Note the salesperson who mucked up was 57. I was 28. "Do NOT talk to anyone who says that they have already listed with another agency... DO YOU understand." I sat his rear-end down in the office until my manager got back and I had a quick talk with the manager and the other assistant manager (the other nominee)...and he and the other manager had a go at him too. So he got the third-degree three times. I think that salesperson walked out of that office shaking. But he could have cost the brokerage $500,000 in fines as well as he would have gotten docked $250,000 if the other broker had chosen to pursue it up the channels.

But...there's no room for unethical conduct in real estate. But unfortunately there are some who will cut corners. Luckily in our office (when I was working in real estate) our manager ran a tight ship...and the ones who goofed up...well...they either learned quickly or they got canned pretty quick.

But I have to say, I'm glad I'm out. I just didn't like the competitiveness in that business. I liked meeting some people...one of the highest price properties that I sold, I sold to someone who I didn't even know was a well-known pathologist and philanthropist in the Vancouver area. He was absolutely down-to-earth, a gentleman in every sense of the word. But for me with anxiety...real estate probably wasn't the best business for me to have gotten into. :)

I hope that your real estate experience went well and the salesperson that you worked with was a good one. :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Amphora wrote: »
    also @igazor, you reminded me of a fun project I had one time in Twinbrook. Since the neighborhood looks trashey enough I had to add something to give it the complete classy makeover

A beat up couch and a questionable toilet in the front yard. Now that. THAT is class right there. I daresay house realtors would have a supremely easy job selling this place.

Yup, looks like a fixer upper to me. :D Do you need a Comparative Market Analysis? >:):D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options

Yeah...I'd probably have to talk to the "home-owner". :D If the "hobo" is the homeowner...we can discuss land-value. :D I'm not sure that the structures that you have pictured are considered permanent and non-permanent structures don't add to the land-value. ;)>:):D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Yeah...I'd probably have to talk to the "home-owner". :D If the "hobo" is the homeowner...we can discuss land-value. :D I'm not sure that the structures that you have pictured are considered permanent and non-permanent structures don't add to the land-value. ;)>:):D
    The last sim I set up on such a lot was a runaway teen. The lot was actually a public playground but it became "his" when I used MC to make it his home lot. I never played him actively there, just kept an eye on him from a distance to make sure he was okay. Clearly SP Money thought these non-permanent structures added something to the lot's value because his property tax payments went through the roof, I think almost §60 ( :p ), and it was quite a struggle for him as an inactive to keep having to pay those off.

This sim is very easygoing and easy to please. With the Childish trait, he was happy enough spending his time making goofy faces in the restroom's mirror (at least he did have indoor plumbing there and some degree of shelter from the weather) and playing with toys. But if you ever referred to him as a hobo, he might have to do something drastic like make funny faces at you or try to make you laugh. I'll tell him he might need to shop around for a different agent though, not sure this is going to work out. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Have to admit that the easily accessible laundry facilities and the grave marker in the front yard are some nice touches as well. ;)

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member

I love how it isn't just a toilet...it is a questionable toilet LOL but yes, it is quite questionable indeed!
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    From grand houses to questionable lots... it is interesting to see what appeals.

I'm currently playing renovation challenges. I have this home I'm renovating:
    screenshot-341.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

and this one:
    screenshot-611.jpg?ssl=1&w=450
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member

Then I built this one for my Pluto Mars sim that I created right before ITF came out. It's suppose to be a space station type of house. It has a greenhouse at the very top of it. I need to try and recreate that as it was lost when my hard drive died and I didn't upload it to the exchange for future use.
    Ch1mGOwl.jpg

Another one that I made for Pluto Mars but at least I had uploaded 2 versions of these as one version has spiral staircases and the other one has the turbo lift in it... :)
    fIn4bGnl.jpg

Here's one that I did after seeing a building with a swimming pool at the very top of it that crossed over a roadway, so I decided to to try to build a house with something similar to what I saw... :)
    c25CHUIl.jpg
    wl99i5jl.jpg
    NeSEnfnl.jpg

Here's another one that I built with an in-ground swimming pool that is right up against the basement of the house which has windows to see who's swimming in the pool... :)
    loo8cpcl.jpg
    WSszyH2l.jpg
    qTyyCnyl.jpg

Then I recreated the Michael Myers house from the original Halloween movie... :)
    10733873_318544718329389_2376252126381725721_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1e9238d32acab1946e45df80264408d3&oe=5B86B195
    1795419_318545111662683_3865211109108509480_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=e201aeba4d4fdc92861c6da6bf3d5660&oe=5B8D3538

Michael Myers:
    10989020_447875028729690_2523149537298364778_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7ba6fa888ac8da997ee31b41a5f8dd66&oe=5B94FC86
    12186372_447875125396347_1123523995726357038_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=e420ca2d1a1c512913ab343c8b776c4b&oe=5B91189E

• Options
    @ciane: Love those two homes! The first looks like it would be really cozy and the second reminds me of a re-purposed lighthouse :)

@lisasc360: Ohhh, futuristic homes! I've played in Lunar Lakes a time or two and those would fit in perfectly :)
    And I love those houses with the pools. Especially the one with the underground pool with the windows in the basement. It would be amazing to have a house like that IRL.
  • Options
    Here's a home one of my sims lives in, it's a cottage I got inspiration from after watching Fixer Upper. Lol
    tumblr_p8p2t9JJOT1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

And weirdly enough my favorite room in it is the bathroom because I actually made what looks to be a walk-in shower. :open_mouth:
    tumblr_p8p2t9JJOT1xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

And the black and white color scheme. I love that as well <3
    tumblr_p8p2t9JJOT1xq9hdmo3_1280.jpg

• Options
    gamerplaya94gamerplaya94 Posts: 106 Member
    Welcome to the Takahashi Residence. Located in the heart of Mirror Park in Angel City.

Exterior Shots
    7mlidpv.jpg
    S5YmWIH.jpg
    jmdoEXn.jpg

Interior Shots
    2iK6nLa.jpg
    VXmlgIJ.jpg
    X4IcH0w.jpg
    oyKrgVO.jpg
    oCKV9Lm.jpg
    l4QRKoM.jpg
    NKEnHwC.jpg
    N2sTRGs.jpg
    oKmixuQ.jpg
    4qsegR5.jpg
    6E0qxxP.jpg
    Ky50egB.jpg
    Qfck4xH.jpg
    Kxhh9Y8.jpg
    k657Sd0.png
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @ciane: Love those two homes! The first looks like it would be really cozy and the second reminds me of a re-purposed lighthouse :)

Yep, that's it exactly. A friend made a renovation challenge just for me in the recent gift exchange. It's an old light house that was quite run down and I get to fix it up a bit at a time. Doing renovation challenges has been a bit addictive. The sims can't have jobs or be self-employed, and they start out flat broke; so it's a hard life, cleaning up the property, taking care of little ones, and improving the lot bit by bit.

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited May 2018
    The Ellison-Warren house is one of the very few I've actually built. And they're never allowed to move out because I did not do all that work for nothing haha. Currently, it's needing some fixing up and expansion, but ehh... their contractor and designer is lazy lol.

42097595951_ec2aa1fd80_h.jpg
    40290606720_1683f00fda_h.jpg
    42052748282_cc2475a39c_h.jpg
    40290603530_852abb8f64_h.jpg
    42052745762_d5861b268c_h.jpg
    40290600100_612abe2062_h.jpg(these 2 don't even live here...)
    40290598730_cd7a9e4dc7_h.jpg
    40290596680_dd8c55181c_h.jpg
    (neither does she)
  • Options
    @gamerplaya94
    Amazing graphics! And your house is awesome. Your decor work and choice of colors is really great. I love using dark reds in my decor as well, both in real life and the game. Lol

@dreamerz13 Ugh, you’re awesome CC is making me so jealous :s:p

I don’t let myself get clutter or furniture CC anymore because it slows down my game <_<

And of course the house is very lovely! I love all the clutter you used as clutter is one of my favorite things in the game.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    My grandsim Josefin and her family live in this old house:

I1PpNVZ.jpg

The livingroom:

A7UYN9J.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    Darstan64Darstan64 Posts: 433 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    This one -
    ( the screenshot is from my download post, but I don't have my game open at the moment to take a lived in picture )

tumblr_p1wlfwklTJ1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg