Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What house are your sims living in?

AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
I’m finally getting back into my game and thought to make a fun thread so everyone can show off their simmie houses (if you want to, that is. If not, my feelings won’t be hurt. Much. :P)

Anyway, I have always liked seeing the different styles of houses people have built or decorated for their sims so feel free to share some pics! I’d love to see.

Here’s mine, the house my fairy sim used to live in before she married her cranky wizard husband. This was the first house I built in my save dedicated for supernatural gameplay so I wanted to make it seem as fairytale cottage-ey as possible :)
25znm80.jpg
Post edited by Amphora on

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's mine before the family is moved in.It's from a new world and I'll have a new legacy going there.It's called Logan and I exported it from CAW some monthes ago and have been setting it up for a new game.
    39941746450_1a4028e98d_c.jpg
    Here's another cloned CC dresser being placed in buy mode.
    40850169445_ce6cd3b927_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    There’s nothing like starting a new legacy :)
    I get too attached to my sims to create new ones but I like what you’ve got so far. Will you build and add more to the house as your legacy simmies earn money and get promotions?
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm actually settling the entire town and playing it rotationally like TS2 though with a very heavily Modded game.They might not have regular jobs and have to gather until they've got a basic shelter built to get them though their first winter.New neighbors might not arrive for a few years and they might only be arriving at the rate of one family a year.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    edited May 2018
    What a lovely house, Pary!

Your graphics are amazing! It almost looks real. I love the combo of colors you used :)
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Amphora wrote: »
    25znm80.jpg
    Pary wrote: »
    tumblr_p1wlfwklTJ1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg

Both are fantastic. Love them.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    My Sims live in places like this:

21457662_10154868450586497_5933849655261571024_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=31388a6defc0c6b0cd8fde5dec71e992&oe=5B80909B

20933942_10154809009576497_2906920206799099284_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6e06fcaa9a5c92a3500e133793da13d1&oe=5B891D15

19466598_10154648099886497_75112126860737978_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3ea00516979b47039b1feefa941426c0&oe=5B809DBE

21122634_10154830221536497_9038270404118748888_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=496031937f28458f2da1a4b300271cef&oe=5B91844F

19466634_10154648100386497_174216589991794699_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=0880b4f9fd8438701ee6204d3834c662&oe=5B841F43

19477747_10154648099011497_3570697560770709875_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8f866af9f3269efd7c49a49ec9b8c876&oe=5B85871A

21083275_10154830221471497_1365323229537194588_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7a58ae15404a60bb6c6894d05a902fec&oe=5B8F91B7

19467985_10154648100306497_87327593752397881_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=237105adecf99db2bc47dd18eb083751&oe=5B90477C
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @cwaddell: I just love that house! Definitely fits the fairytale theme. I had a tough time landscaping my little fairytale house but yours looks really great! My favorite fairytale type decor for houses is that chimney you used and the climbing ivy.
    Personally I think the ivy and using shutters on windows really add a huge curb appeal to the outside of houses when building or decorating :)

@king_of_simcity7
    Ohhh, did you build all of those buildings? I would never have the patience for that! Great work! I like the brick town homes that are side by side with each other. Really adds a good atmosphere to the town :)
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I really admire you builders ! You have more talent and patience than I do.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member

The houses that I have my Sims living in is mostly houses that I either grow up in or relatives houses that I've recreated in the game from memory... :)

Like this one is a recreation of my in-laws house that I have my SS and her boyfriend living in in a game save in Riverview... :)
    (This was built in AP, which is why you see the homes from AP. As a matter of fact, the house in the upper left hand corner of the 2nd picture is the house that I have my SS and her bf living in. I also remodeled that house to make more room in it... :) )
    LgVhd4ll.jpg
    0vah6N5l.jpg
    aILYrgwl.jpg

This one I have in Barnacle Bay and it has my SS and her boyfriend living there. It's a recreation of my Grandparents trailer that they used to live in when they were still alive... :)
    e4bxneJl.jpg
    7f5UzeBl.jpg

And this here is a recreation of my childhood home that I need to recreate in the game again as I had lost it when my last hard drive had died on me... :)
    YUg4xV9l.jpg
    GubLLcxl.jpg
    4PNRiqSl.jpg
    l30ZmhQl.jpg
    et5Wowll.jpg
    ReU9PBUl.jpg

Now this is one was already in Riverview when I moved my SS there. I had ended up making it a little bigger and getting rid of the 2nd bedroom making it a 1 bedroom home and adding an extension for the kitchen, back screened-in porch and a greenhouse for my SS... :)
    00JbLs5l.jpg

And this one is in Hidden Springs with a different version of my SS and her boyfriend... :)
    O6379NHl.jpg
    dDOeHMNl.jpg

Sorry for the picture spam but I hope you enjoy them though... :p
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Yes, I'm *INSANE* Thanks for asking. :D

Screenshot-14.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @lisasc360
    Lol I love picture spam when it comes to seeing people’s houses/builds or decorating skills! So no worries :tongue:
    I do love the houses though, it looks like the places you used to live in were cozy and nice. I tried to make my own childhood house but it didn’t end up well so I deleted it. Lol.

@Nikkei_Simmer: Pffffft, more like an INSANELY nice house. Lol

@TadOlson
    Your gameplay sounds interesting! I do somewhat of a rotational gameplay in my supernatural save just so I can make sure my various supernatural simmies aren’t unleashing too much havoc across town. Especially my Plantsim, he’s unleashing plant-chaos with the trails of pretty flowers that follow in his wake :D
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    @Amphora,
    @lisasc360
    Lol I love picture spam when it comes to seeing people’s houses/builds or decorating skills! So no worries :tongue:
    I do love the houses though, it looks like the places you used to live in were cozy and nice. I tried to make my own childhood house but it didn’t end up well so I deleted it. Lol.
    Thank you... :) I had such a hard time trying to build the split foyer house that I grew up in because every time I tried to attempt to build it, I would end up giving up on it as I was trying to put walls up next to the foundation instead of a couple of squares away and then leveling the walls to the height of the foundation and adding walls on top of the leveled off walls. Of course I had to use a lot of cheat codes to get everything right, so I'm hoping that I will be able to recreate it again one of these days.

Oh and great looking houses to everyone else in this thread... :)
    edited May 2018
    Here's another house of mine, I was going for an old abandoned English manor type of theme. It's a fun place to decorate because I'm incorporating elements of a grumpy wizard who prefers gloom and his fairy wife who loves brightness and plants.
    tumblr_p8kybmsq3i1xq9hdmo1_540.jpg

Some interior pics:
    tumblr_p8kyqmxTW11xq9hdmo2_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_p8kyqmxTW11xq9hdmo1_540.jpg

Their only pets are dragons and a cowplant although I'm thinking of giving them a curse-giving dark unicorn for kicks :p
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2018
    The houses here are really cool. Everyones a builder expect for me... I just redecorate houses by other creators and sometimes EA lots for my own personal use. :p

@Amphora Both of your houses are very cute. Supernaturals are so much fun to play.
    @Pary Aw, kinda bummed you don't have those extra screenshots to share. I love all of the lots you've shared on tumblr.

Wood and Glass House by gelina on tumblr... One of my favorite builders. I kept the layout the same but changed out the landscaping, a few windows + doors, paint, and interior design. Weird gray squares on the first-floor are reflective flooring rugs that look pretty cool when viewed normally.

42000433932_ded0ff84e3_o.png
    41324486764_f18cc44310_o.png
    41324486944_9c373b6772_o.png
    41324486454_5691a51663_o.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Amphora, I'm glad you like picture spam, because when I show my houses I like to show the interiors too, because that's where I put most of my effort. I'm not so good at making them fancy on the outside as a lot of other players are.

I'm currently alternating between two saves. The first is a couple in a rural town I made in CAW from Appaloosa Plains. Their current home is a modified and expanded version of the Craftsman's Mansion, with stable and paddock for their horses. After the wife returns from the future, they will be moving to this house, on a 64x64 lot, which I made specifically for them. I based the floor plan for the lower floor on the house they're living in now.

Kq4aNqP.jpg

HKiaT28.jpg

nvZlY4h.jpg

There is a full basement under the house and garage, with a tunnel connecting them. They will be bringing along their skill and recreational items with them, some of which will go in the two empty rooms on the main floor, some in the basement, and some outside. They will furnish the other upstairs bedroom once their first child is ready to move into it.

The save I've been playing this week is a single female acrobat in Bridgeport. She is currently living in the Crescent Bay Plaza apartment, but as soon as she can afford it, she will be moving to a house I placed for her, on a 20x20 lot I bulldozed the original house from.

A couple of years ago, as a personal challenge, I decided to make the most expensive and elegant house possible on a 10x10 lot. It had four levels above ground and two basement levels. But when I tried playing in it, it didn't work out very well, because spiral stairs are a pain with more than one sim in the household. The second sim won't even set foot on the stairs until the first sim reaches the top (or bottom), then the first sim will stand there tapping their foot until the second sim arrives at the top. With regular stairs, the second sim will start using them as soon as the first sim gets halfway up or down. So I made a two story version on a 20x20 lot, with all of the same furniture, décor, and landscaping. It still has a spiral staircase, so it still isn't the best for a family, but it's not as bad as the four story house.

This is the house placed in Bridgeport for my sim. I added the fence and gate because she's a celebrity, and I don't want the paparazzi getting any closer than necessary. Before I move her there, I'll remove the expensive décor and replace the expensive furniture with lower cost items, so she won't have to wait to move here until she accumulates $90,000+ to buy it with. I'm going to be moving her to a bigger house when she gets that rich.

s20W9gl.jpg

The rest of the pictures are in my build & edit world, where I actually do all my building. The basement is small and empty at this point, so I'm not showing it here.

rHVTcAC.jpg

GUfeluI.jpg

OowZI4Z.jpg

I have not yet decided which of the following two houses I'm going to move her to after she can afford them. Whichever one I decide to use is going to go on the lot currently occupied by one of the empty mansions across the bridge. I don't remember the name of it, but it's on the lot overlooking the ocean, next to Matthew Hamming, I think, or maybe it's the Strikers.

This first one is one I built as a one story house for a stylist, years ago, which I converted to a two story, furnished, and decorated to place in my rural CAW town for the second wealthiest family in town. The room where the stairs are is where the bedroom was originally. If I do decide to use this one, I will probably change some of the furniture and décor, especially on the first floor.

7V91UBf.jpg

3daDE0q.jpg

qgwPzfX.jpg

NBLTbV8.jpg

The second house is the first two story house I ever made that I actually liked, years ago, furnished and decorated for the wealthiest family in my rural town. I combined elements I especially like from different EA houses, mostly the Condor Museum Lofts house in Sunset Valley and Le Beau Chateau in Riverview. The two master bathrooms are inspired by a house in the library from Generations. I don't remember the name of the house, but it has a mother-in-law apartment over the garage. As it is here, it costs almost $600,000, but without the three expensive cars it will cost less than $350,000. I can make it even less expensive by removing the two $7500 paintings and some of the other high-priced décor, but I'm leaning more toward keeping them if I do use this house.

SnBwxot.jpg

EpJinJh.jpg

zRcvCEI.jpg

lDRUWQl.jpg

KirQ1bB.jpg
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    41324486454_5691a51663_o.png

@SimplyJen, Love the William Shakespeare with an M4A2 Carbine painting. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @SimplyJen
    Thanks!
    Also, your graphics are seriously amazing. And I really love that house <3

@IreneSwift
    Interior decorating is something I really enjoy doing in the game. It’s just so satisfying having your sims living in a house you decorated or built yourself.
    I really like your houses though! I’d love to play in Appaloosa Plains but my graphics card doesn’t give animals their fur (think leather demon monsters of doom :s ) and since that town is all about those pets I stay away from it with a 10 foot pole :p

I love that last two story house you posted pics of! The decor in it is great :)
    Here are some of my last pics for a while, some interior shots of my fairy cottage :)
    tumblr_p8lf29Shv31xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p8lf29Shv31xq9hdmo2_1280.jpg

edited May 2018
    I get claustrophobic in small places, so that's why I always build large. Here's a few more pics from the build.

Angled view so that you can get a better idea of the size of the lake (during construction)
    Screenshot.jpg

It's a large family so they need to have two 8 seat kitchen tables.
    Screenshot-2.jpg

Kitchen before the island was put in. (Good heavens this almost sounds like a realtor pitch - Here...buy this home...). :p
    Screenshot-3.jpg

Did I ever say that I'm an actual former realtor? (I was wayyy back in the '90s)
    CB-businesscard_blurredforforum.jpg
    My actual picture is blurred out so that it doesn't contravene forum rules. :D None of the phone numbers work anymore. :D I was licensed as a Agent 9.15 under the BC Real Estate Act. Basically meant that my Agent could call on me to supervise the salespeople in the office while he was out for lunch or something if no other Agent in the office was in (heady stuff for someone in their twenties (back then)). In BC Real Estate there's two levels of salespeople: Salesman and Agent. Agents can run offices full of salesmen, Salesmen are pretty much low-end, can only work in sales, have no authority. Agent 9.15s are Agents who work as Salespeople, they have the qualifications to open up their own real estate office, and can be called upon to manage the office in the Nominee's stead. Lots of fun. The main reason being that there's a lot of ethics rules and those who have taken the agents course have ethics crammed into their heads and are supposed to be able to spout that out at a second's notice and make sure the lesser salespeople who don't have that knowledge toe the line. It's tricky when you have a twenty eight year old Agent having to chew out a 57 year old salesperson for carking up, ethics wise, because it could reflect badly on your entire office.

2 Minus One Kelvin Fridges in the Walk-in Pantry (oooh...luxury). :D
    Screenshot-4.jpg

There is also a wok-kitchen (After all, it's an interracial Asian family - must have wok kitchen)
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Living Room with wall-mounted TV and component stereo
    Screenshot-7.jpg

Their own private screening room - Yep...they're rich.
    Screenshot-9.jpg

The cows and two chicken coops.
    Screenshot-10.jpg

Angled front view as the third floor is placed on.
    Screenshot-11.jpg

Finished front view
    Screenshot-16.jpg

Top floor - (unfinished - consider it space that the owners will figure out what to use it for as they move in)
    Screenshot-19.jpg

4th Floor - Bedroom for "Mom and Dad" - the Founder Couple
    Screenshot-20.jpg

3rd Floor - Bar and Dance Floor + Extra expansion space.
    Screenshot-21.jpg

2nd Floor - 10BR + Games Room and Music Room.
    Screenshot-22.jpg

Main Floor - Kitchen, Wok Kitchen, Walk-in Pantry and Fridges, Dining Room, Living Room, Screening Room, Access to Greenhouse,
    Screenshot-23.jpg

Basement Floor 1 - Martial Arts Room, Magic Room, Butsudan (Buddhist Home Temple), Martial Arts Room.
    Screenshot-24.jpg

Basement Floor 2 - Science Room, Tiberium Farming Room,
    Screenshot-25.jpg

Basement Floor 3 - Expansion Area
    Screenshot-27.jpg

Basement Floor 4 - Expansion Area
    Screenshot-28.jpg

The Owners. Haruo and River Chikamori. :D Net Worth, §27.9M Liquidable Assets (Cash) + Tangible Assets (Cars & Home) + Investments.
    Screenshot-101.jpg
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    The family I’m playing with currently is in a semi boring build (for me), it’s actuslly just a makeover of the house that was on the lot (the one next to Mosquito Cove and across from the Alvi’s it’s name escapes me..

27176161307_e1a9865efa_c.jpg

My story family is in one of my favorite builds (by me):

25437103247_8621980459_z.jpg
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Uh, dang. Your house is awesome :o
    I love having ponds when building houses, and I like your wok kitchen.

I need to re-install the wok grill in my game because the one I have glitched up. The Store does that from time to time. Blech.

Anyway, I love big houses but have learned the hard way that I’m too lazy to actually finish decorating a large house. I still have a house I made a few years back that I’ve never completely finished. So you’re a better decorater than me :D

@Charlottesmom
    What lovely houses! You say that the first one is plain but I really like it. Those windows on the front of the house add a lot of great character and curb appeal. But that second house is great too and I love the landscaping you’ve done. :)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Just love the houses everyone, people are so creative around here <3

My current sim household are living in a lovely spot in Sunlit Tides. The house reflects their need for privacy, being a celebrity couple and their need to be free to indulge their outdoor hobbies.
    25Ah8ZI.png

kMD0R7O.png

HrGzANg.png
    Note the nursery to the right of main floor is due a makeover when the toddler ages up in a day or so.

zWkzPLI.png

Please excuse the unmade bed !
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2018
    I haven't played TS3 since November of last year, but you inspired me to go in and take a look around.
    Screenshot-8.jpg

This is Matty Crewe's house in a custom world.
    He lives here with his wife and two kids.
    Screenshot-9.jpg

I placed Jamie Jolina in town, along with her family, saved from a way earlier game.
    She is visiting Matty's family for a play-date.
    Screenshot-12.jpg

Screenshot-15.jpg

Screenshot-14.jpg

They are heavily using content from Into The Future.
    They are in the business of making and selling Plumbots and Plumbot components.
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds