Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a cheat or a mod that will disable the lint fires automatically?

I've seen two sims die from stupid lint fires and even when they had the fire sprinklers (or at least that box you stick on the wall that is supposed to put out fires). They still go up in flames and it is usually kids who are just trying to clean up. That'll teach 'em to want clean clothes. But seriously, there should be something you can put in your game that will rid us of that "feature" but not take away the good parts of laundry.

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Get your Sim a bit of handiness skill, and you can upgrade your dryer so that the lint tray never needs to be cleaned (and won't catch fire, either).
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Or you could empty the lint trap just like real life!
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited May 2018
    No, these are families I am not playing so I can't control them. I didn't realize they dryers could be upgraded that way though. That's a useful piece of information. I guess I'll send one of my handy sims to visit and while there he can go and upgrade those other households' machines. Shame we don't have working sprinklers like in Sims 3.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    No, these are families I am not playing so I can't control them. I didn't realize they dryers could be upgraded that way though. That's a useful piece of information. I guess I'll send one of my handy sims to visit and while there he can go and upgrade those other households' machines. Shame we don't have working sprinklers like in Sims 3.

Hello
    This is link to information about the upgrades and the level of handiness needed
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-laundry-guide/#Upgrades
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited May 2018
    I've seen two sims die from stupid lint fires and even when they had the fire sprinklers (or at least that box you stick on the wall that is supposed to put out fires). They still go up in flames and it is usually kids who are just trying to clean up. That'll teach 'em to want clean clothes. But seriously, there should be something you can put in your game that will rid us of that "feature" but not take away the good parts of laundry.

Okay, silly comment, but just in case you overlooked that: Sims 4 does have sprinklers. You have to put not only the boxlike thingie on your wall, but also one sensor (catalogue name: Alertz Smoke Alarm) into each room where you expect fires to start. Equipped like this the sensor picks up the smoke and activates a sprinkler. I never saw or placed an actual sprinkler, but there's water coming out of the ceiling, so I'll grade that "good enough".
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

You could probably download upgraded dryers from the gallery if you still need them.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2018

You could probably download upgraded dryers from the gallery if you still need them.

The upgrades won't stick once they uploaded to the gallery or saved in the library. I'm not sure why they did it this way, but it's a real pain.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

This is some good information to know. I don't have this pack yet, was thinking about getting it while it was on sale, but I think I changed my mind.