Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims are dying over and over

I get notices like Danielle Mackenzie (the ancestor of my main sim) has passed away, or something of the sort, and then a few days later I get the same notice again. The problem is I left Danielle Mackenzie in another town after I moved my main sims and his family to a new one. It happens to other sims too. I checked the mausoleum through the Master Controller manage the dead thing and their tombstones aren't there.

I have Story Progression, which I think is the cause, but I don't know how to edit the setting properly. Help please?
39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    I feel like we've answered this exact question very recently either here or at NRaas. But maybe it was from someone else. :)

The sims left behind in other worlds are not really dying over and over and the local mausoleum won't know anything about this because the sims do not exist in this world. The bogus notifications are a sign that your TravelDB file is out of sync with reality back in those worlds. That's totally harmless but yes, the notifications that make no sense can be annoying. I get them more often on live sims than already dead ones when this happens, but have seen both.

One way this can come about is by not having the Traveler mod set to Ageless Foreign Sims = True on the foreign world in question (check NRaas > Traveler on City Hall). If you were to travel/vacation back to the homeworld, assuming that you can, things should also become in sync again.

With ageless on False, if so much time has passed that a sim really would be way past their life expectancy in a world not being actively simulated, then the next time you visit there their real ages will probably catch up to them and they will die of old age almost right away. But they can't really do that when their world is not being played.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net