March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is It Possible?

Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
Is it possible to move into an apartment even though my sims can't afford it and then before actually renting a place, take my sims to the bank for a loan? Has anyone ever gone to a community lot before signing the lease?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Does it matter? Picture order tells the story...
  • StoneRynoStoneRyno Posts: 43 Member
    I created a bank loan mod years ago that you had to make payments for the money borrowed with interest just like how real loans worked. Unfortunately Since it has been so long since I played I no longer have the mod. I do remember it being me adding the feature to an existing mod. Which has me wondering if I made a mod I wonder if someone else had the idea as well and had the fore site to share it with everyone on one of the sites that hosts them.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    StoneRyno wrote: »
    I created a bank loan mod years ago that you had to make payments for the money borrowed with interest just like how real loans worked. Unfortunately Since it has been so long since I played I no longer have the mod. I do remember it being me adding the feature to an existing mod. Which has me wondering if I made a mod I wonder if someone else had the idea as well and had the fore site to share it with everyone on one of the sites that hosts them.

@StoneRyno - There are a few mods like this. I use the ATM mod and the simlogical shrubs. The shrubs are from simlogical, but I can't remember where I got the ATM. Basically, the ATM is a skinned arcade game that allows you to take out a loan or pay it back with interest. I use this for banks where my sims will usually go to take out a loan before moving out of their parents houses or after college. The shrubs come in handy if you place them on a lot before someone moves in, then the cost to move in is low, but they have to pay off the cost of the shrubs plus a bit of interest (not sure if that is part of the original mod or if I added that later). Also, Monique's computer adds a lot of money options, too. That one is MTS. There is also a mod for separate bank accounts for each sim. Don't remember where that one is from.
  • StoneRynoStoneRyno Posts: 43 Member
    Ah yes, the shrub is the one I used. Not sure what design elements were mine or the mod designers. But the end result was automatic payments with interest. and with optional manual additional payments until the shrub was paid for.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I use one on the Monique's computer. I don't know if she made it or it came desperate.