Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family relations messed up (SOLVED)

zeinaelmeligyzeinaelmeligy Posts: 79 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I was playing with my Legacy household in Hidden Springs but then I got bored of the town and moved them to a different one but I did it manually. So I put them in my bin and then I added them to the new world through Edit Town. The first main two sims, the mother and father, were originally made in CAS but their kids were conceived in game. So when I moved them to the new town, after a while of playing, I noticed that their relationships were completely out of whack. The parents were still married and the two kids were still siblings but they had different parents? Their parents were sims I had placed into the town before I placed the family in. You can see why this is an issue considering its a Legacy challenge.

I'm just wondering if there's anyway I can fix that? I have the NRaas mods (Master Controller + Cheats, Woohooer and Overwatch) (I also don't think my Master Controller cheats mod is working? I tried to fix this originally with that because I read that it had a Family option in the Advanced section but I couldn't find anything)

Any help is appreciated!! Thank you <3
Post edited by zeinaelmeligy on

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Let's start with this. Take a look at the MC Interactions page and note the commands that require MC Cheats to be present. Are any of them showing up in your game, or is it only Advanced > Family > Add Child (Parent/Sibling) that are missing on that one household?
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController Interactions

If you have MC working but not MC Cheats at all, then I would suggest downloading and installing the add-on module again, making sure that the version you have is meant to work with the version of the MC base mod -- they cannot be from mismatched releases.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Let's start with this. Take a look at the MC Interactions page and note the commands that require MC Cheats to be present. Are any of them showing up in your game, or is it only Advanced > Family > Add Child (Parent/Sibling) that are missing on that one household?
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController Interactions

If you have MC working but not MC Cheats at all, then I would suggest downloading and installing the add-on module again, making sure that the version you have is meant to work with the version of the MC base mod -- they cannot be from mismatched releases.

I'll try this ASAP! That might be the case because I just kind of downloaded it really quickly because I was rushing it lmao, I didn't check the version really.

But do you have any idea if this can help with the family relation issue?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    I can't really say based on the information given why this happened in the first place. But yes, if the MC Add Child (Parent/Sibling) commands will work, that is exactly what they are supposed to do. Run on a sim, the mod will ask you to identify which existing sim you wanted their child (parent/sibling) to be. The entire purposes of those commands are to construct and fix family trees and relations of sims who are already in the game.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    I can't really say based on the information given why this happened in the first place. But yes, if the MC Add Child (Parent/Sibling) commands will work, that is exactly what they are supposed to do. Run on a sim, the mod will ask you to identify which existing sim you wanted their child (parent/sibling) to be. The entire purpose of those commands are to construct and fix family trees and relations of sims who are already in the game.

I tried and it worked!! Thank you so so much! <3