Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculations 2018 (Bug Fixes Only)

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I hope for GTW fixes: free restocking and desk functionality.
  • KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    I have a feeling it may be burglars or cars.

Why do you think that? I'm genuinely curious. That would be amazing, but I have no reason to believe they would add those.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Kolby wrote: »

Why do you think that? I'm genuinely curious. That would be amazing, but I have no reason to believe they would add those.

Cars might be an big update to the base game. Last year it was toddlers.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Probably bug fixes -- I'm hoping for the festival bug fix and maybe speed up restaurants so my Sim isn't waiting 3 hours for a meal (she could go home and make a salad in less time!)

If they're showing a new pack at EA Play and it's going to be available for purchase after the event, they could have the June patch right before EA Play then have it available on Origin the Tuesday following the event.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    We maybe seeing an update to the UI screen you see when you first load TS4 the one that shows all the packs and has the options to load or start a new game.
    Probably bug fixes -- I'm hoping for the festival bug fix and maybe speed up restaurants so my Sim isn't waiting 3 hours for a meal (she could go home and make a salad in less time!)

If they're showing a new pack at EA Play and it's going to be available for purchase after the event, they could have the June patch right before EA Play then have it available on Origin the Tuesday following the event.

Oh I can't wait. Hope it's Seasons.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

I don't think we can expect a patch the size of the toddler patch every year, that was a spesial situation.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Seeing how Sims mobile is the favorite child of EA I would say around June for a small and useless patch. I think the Sims PC is on it's last leg.
  • ElisabethDsElisabethDs Posts: 20 Member
    It's probably just bug fixes, but I'm hoping for something new and exiting.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited May 2018
    Seeing how Sims mobile is the favorite child of EA I would say around June for a small and useless patch. I think the Sims PC is on it's last leg.

Hardly. The Sims Mobile isn’t doing well at all. It dropped out of the top 100 grossing apps on the App Store weeks ago, meaning that it’s not making much money for EA.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I hope we get a fix for the ultra aggravating "get a drink of water" obsession. I absolutely hate that drinking water was ever patched in to begin with. It's complete nonsense and utterly useless and it wastes so much time for nothing. I can't even begin to imagine why anyone thought this was a thing that was needed in the game, because it serves no purpose whatsoever. In fact, the entire compulsion is the perfect example of development time wasted, and going forth, should be used as a reference for "what not to do". Drinking glasses are left all over the place and there's no way to avoid it but to delete every sink in the house. Which is just what I did, because my VAMPIRES have an endless thirst for tap water.

Gawd. I hate it so much, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

Hardly. The Sims Mobile isn’t doing well at all. It dropped out of the top 100 grossing apps on the App Store weeks ago, meaning that it’s not making much money for EA.

the sims body and head might of put some off lol

like a lolly on a stick :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I hope we get a fix for the ultra aggravating "get a drink of water" obsession. I absolutely hate that drinking water was ever patched in to begin with. It's complete nonsense and utterly useless and it wastes so much time for nothing. I can't even begin to imagine why anyone thought this was a thing that was needed in the game, because it serves no purpose whatsoever. In fact, the entire compulsion is the perfect example of development time wasted, and going forth, should be used as a reference for "what not to do". Drinking glasses are left all over the place and there's no way to avoid it but to delete every sink in the house. Which is just what I did, because my VAMPIRES have an endless thirst for tap water.

Gawd. I hate it so much, lol.

there is a lot of bigger things in this game we could of done without, that I feel wasted time in development than simply get a glass of water option, from the sims 2 :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member

This too. I just got Dine Out recently and used a restaurant for the first time a couple of days ago. The food NEVER came out and my family was there for literally over 5 hours just starving. I didn't know if it was a bug/glitch or something just weird with the restaurants, but I really hope that gets fixed.

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I hope they fix Dine Out bugs, my sims wait hours for their food and it's annoying.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »

the sims body and head might of put some off lol

like a lolly on a stick :#
    I think that EA’s problem with the Sims Mobile is that it is too linear and way too targeted on young new simmers. Those new simmers like it - but only for a short time. Then they realize that it is mainly just about doing the same quests and things over and over and they get bored.

But again EA’s problem was that EA doesn’t want any Sims game to be similar to other Sims games. So the Sims Mobile had to be very different from both the PC games and from the Sims Freeplay - and it is.

I don't think we can expect a patch the size of the toddler patch every year, that was a spesial situation.

Year before The Toddlers Update we had one with the CAS Gender Update that was just as big.
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member

Cars seems like possibly an introduction with a pack this time around. That said, I know toddlers were patched in, right? Maybe. Just seems like they wouldn't waste a good money sink opportunity with a 'Transport' pack or something alike.

I pray everyday for burglars... In The Sims at least.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    They should fix all the CAS items they accidentally removed from the game. It's been months and they couldn't even be bothered to undo those simple mistakes
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Year before The Toddlers Update we had one with the CAS Gender Update that was just as big.

Not really. Most of the work involved there was refitting the clothes on the opposite gender body. The toddler patch was a one time thing, I doubt we will see anything like that again for the game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    They should fix all the CAS items they accidentally removed from the game. It's been months and they couldn't even be bothered to undo those simple mistakes

@SimGuruNick do you guys know about the missing cas
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

I read somewhere that all you need to do is to click the gender tags off, then what people say "removed" becomes viable.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

I read somewhere that all you need to do is to click the gender tags off, then what people say "removed" becomes viable.

Not for the bowler hat. They just totally removed it for guys because of clipping or something.

Anyway, it seems like they’ve been slacking really bad on the clothing thing lately. Some new stuff apparently can’t be worn by the opposite sex (like the pocket shirt from the new sp), and the new clothes still look bad on the opposite gender frame.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

I think there's still something wrong with the swatches. And you'll have to put the bottoms back on for every sim who was wearing it before the patch broke it.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Maybe they’ll fix that literary digest thing where they try to submit a book twice, or those planters that come pre-scorched.