Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are you all from? How long you been playing Sims?

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I was born in South Africa but has been in New Zealand for 13 years now. I have been playing sims since the very beginning when our sims were pixel block people LOL.
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I started on sims 2 but played the most on 3, though i've been on the 4 for years now.
    i'm from France
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Hello @Scorpina2009! I live in Atlantic Canada, the best Canadian coast ;)

As for the sims, I started with TS1 when a family friend showed me. I was hooked. I got my own game, but I mostly built poorly-designed houses because I had trouble keeping TS1 sims happy and alive. I got TS2 a couple years later, played it on-and-off for years. Sometimes, I didn't play for a year or two, but then I'd pull it out and play for a month straight! :) I got TS3 about 4 years ago, and had lots of fun with it (though I found it was terribly laggy and glitchy on my old laptop). I got TS4 nearly a year ago and I have lots of fun with it.

I've been playing The Sims on-and-off somewhere between 9 and 10 years. I forget when I exactly started playing, it's been awhile.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Hello, I'm from Indiana but live in Ohio.
    I've been playing since the Sims 1. I've played most of the spin offs and play all the series. I've been playing TS4 but recently went back to playing TS2.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I forgot to add I have Medieval and Castaway Stories. Castaway Stories was the only one of the three that I was interested in because it actually was different. I felt the other two were basically just the Sims 2 for beginners.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I live in both Ohio and Oregon. I go back and forth.

I first started playing the sims on either Ps1 or 2, can't remember. It was back in 2003. I remember the sims "bustin out" was so exciting. The option to have your sims leave the home was thrilling. I even played the sims urbz on PlayStation as well. Then with sims 2 I switched to PC playing and absolutely loved sims 2. I continued playing sims 2 even after sims 3 came out. I didn't even switch to sims 3 until all the expansions were already out. By the time I got heavily into sims 3, I found out sims 4 was coming, so sims 3 ended up being the game I played the least, but I still play it now as it is so different than sims 4. I no longer play sims 2. I love both sims 4 and 3, but I agree with most on here that a combination of sims 2 and 3 would make a perfect sims (with the addition of multitasking from sims 4 of course).
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I was born in South Africa but has been in New Zealand for 13 years now. I have been playing sims since the very beginning when our sims were pixel block people LOL.

I hear New Zealand is gorgeous!
    I may have to give TS4 another try......what threw me off when I first played it was it didn't seem as easy to pan around the property or move and place objects. My hands were so used to the way everything was done in TS3; I got frustrated and went back to 2 and 3.
    edited May 2018
    I may have to give TS4 another try......what threw me off when I first played it was it didn't seem as easy to pan around the property or move and place objects. My hands were so used to the way everything was done in TS3; I got frustrated and went back to 2 and 3.

The camera threw me for a loop too, but you can change the settings to TS3 camera mode in TS4. That's what I did :)
    I did not know that!!! thank you bunches Lyoufln !! You just made my day! :)
  • CarolinaCanCarolinaCan Posts: 116 Member
    Depending how you look at it, I'm either from Long Beach, Atlanta, or Nashville. I've been playing the Sims since 2010. Really only ever got into The Sims 3, still the only one I play regularly. The Sims 3 was incredible.
    AMEN !! I love TS3 :)
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited May 2018
    I've been playing since TS1 days, originally from the US but have lived in Spain for the past 15 years. I did miss the TS2 era because I pretty much arrived here with with a bit of savings and a suitcase. I didn't have a house phone or computer at home for about 3 years. Took me a bit to be able to afford luxuries and save up for a decent computer.

I have TS1,2,3 & 4, but I only got TS2 UC when it was offered for free prior to TS4's release. I have tried it a few times but never could get into it. I missed out on that whole era due to not owning a computer for the first few years it was out. I got back into simming with TS3. I am playing 4 now but I still love 3. I just find it hard to switch in between the two games. Also, the load times, lol.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I'm from New Zealand. @Scorpina2009 I absolutely love living here and it is truly a beautiful country.

I started Simming about a year ago with the Sims Medieval. I didn't think I'd ever buy Sims 3 or Sims 4, but I did and here we are. More recently I bought an older, non-Origin version of the Sims 2, and while I don't play it as often as I play 3 or 4, I love it for its quirkiness.
    I regularly play both Sims 3 and Sims 4 on a computer I bought specifically for the Sims. :D
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I'm from Kentucky. I've been playing since 2015. I started with Sims Freeplay, then Sims 4, then Sims 3. Though i've uninstalled FP as i hadn't been playing with it. But i've been having a lot of fun with 3 and 4 (Though i rarely play 3 as i don't have any challenges to play.).
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member

I hear New Zealand is gorgeous!

It is so beautiful, lots of nice walkways through forest, my favourite thing to do when I get out with my kids :)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Finland...so cool !!! One of my favorite bands is from Finland: HIM I had a
    Ville Valo sim for TS2. I can't find a good one for 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Brazilian here, living in Rio de Janeiro.

I got hooked on The Sims 3 in 2014 because I wanted a game with modern furniture to see how it was made. At that time I was still modding Oblivion and I'd learned how to create models in Blender. I remember my very first sim and my first successful family. I played the game in Portuguese and felt really uncomfortable since I'm used to games in English. At the end of 2014 I bought the base game and my first expansion, Showtime. I still have the sims I created at that moment.

I managed to play The Sims 1 at a friend's house but I lost the opportunity to get The Sims 2. I spent a lot of money on 3 and all sims-games are a rip-off in my country. It's one of the main reasons I don't intend to invest in Sims 4 so soon. Maybe when they release it for Steam or it gets cheaper because of a sims-5 release.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    From the US.
    I started with freeplay in 2016 and got TS4 in 2017.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    I want to move to New Zealand so badly.
  • DubstequtieDubstequtie Posts: 45 Member
    I'm from Washington, but currently living in California.
    I've been playing Sims since the first ones, I love the aspect of creating a person, decorating their home, and seeing how their life plays out. Then the Sims Pets came out, and hoooo I've been at the Pets for awhile when I was younger, and now I just like creating cute scenarios in Sims 4 like a pet rescue sim, an exotic pet keeper sim, a vet, my future house with all the pet's I'd like and my bf. <3 Sims for me is just another creative outlet hehe.
    x1lsac.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited May 2018
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    I live in Atlantic Canada, the best Canadian coast ;)

@Lyoufln My wife's the only one who has made it to the East Coast - but not Canada's East Coast, US. But we've been West Coast Canada since she came up here. I've been West Coast since 76. One of these days, I'm gonna try to make it all the way out to the Maritimes. :D PEI, NFLD, NS NB. :) Pretty area out there. I've been hankering to try screech and kiss a cod. (NFLD) :D and other Maritime traditions.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    I live in Atlantic Canada, the best Canadian coast ;)

@Lyoufln My wife's the only one who has made it to the East Coast - but not Canada's East Coast, US. But we've been West Coast Canada since she came up here. I've been West Coast since 76. One of these days, I'm gonna try to make it all the way out to the Maritimes. :D PEI, NFLD, NS NB. :) Pretty area out there. I've been hankering to try screech and kiss a cod. (NFLD) :D and other Maritime traditions.

Hello @Nikkei_Simmer! It really is pretty out here in the East! It's funny you say that because I've never been out West. Someday, I really want to go see the giant trees in BC and real mountains!

I've never kissed a cod, but lobster and scallops are pretty great when they're in season (buy them from a fisherman truck or the store, NOT a touristy place unless you want the experience. Touristy places may charge up to triple the price that everybody else does).

I've been to all the Atlantic provinces (ok, I drove through NB, but y'know...) and there's lots of neat things to see! It really is picturesque here, especially in the summer and fall.

I recommend going to special places where you can see the tides come in, one of the various farm markets, getting Farmer's ice cream from a mom-and-pop shop, blueberries!!!, checking out the provincial/national parks, and going to a beach!

You can probably tell which province I've spent the most time in from this, but hey, if you need recommendations of places to visit, I might be helpful ^_^