Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building Ideas For A New Series I'm Planning To Do

Hello everyone!
I was thinking to myself earlier that I haven't really uploaded on my Youtube for awhile since I usually do haul videos -- I wanted to start doing Sims 4 videos. I was thinking a good place to start was to build homes/buildings using base game items (usually since I only have to GP) but I don't have any ideas in my heads.
I'm much better at building smaller homes rather than big ones and I would like to practice making facility buildings. So any suggestions, requests would be great! Photos would really help too to get an idea on what I am aiming for.
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png

I would do Sim creations but I don't really think it would drag an audience, what do you guys think?
Sig.png

Comments

• PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I full on love watching what others create and how other people play their games. I love a good CAS video, but I also love watching builds and seeing what people can do with a theme or a basic idea and let their imagination and creativeness run with it. if you like smaller builds? I have seen a couple try and make caravan type home or like a trailer park kinda idea.. (trailer park being a slightly more permanent yet temporary home)- like in movies. Seeing what people do with base game stuff is a joy for me as I'm not into the CC world when it comes to builds and I like trying to recreate builds I like/have watched (for my own personal use)

I don't know if any of this helps but it's just a few things a fellow sims watcher enjoys to view I guess :smile: ^^
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • MelodyElodieMelodyElodie Posts: 107 Member
    I full on love watching what others create and how other people play their games. I love a good CAS video, but I also love watching builds and seeing what people can do with a theme or a basic idea and let their imagination and creativeness run with it. if you like smaller builds? I have seen a couple try and make caravan type home or like a trailer park kinda idea.. (trailer park being a slightly more permanent yet temporary home)- like in movies. Seeing what people do with base game stuff is a joy for me as I'm not into the CC world when it comes to builds and I like trying to recreate builds I like/have watched (for my own personal use)

I don't know if any of this helps but it's just a few things a fellow sims watcher enjoys to view I guess :smile: ^^

I agree, I personally don't like using CC stuff for building but I do have some but I personally want to share my creations to the public so they can download it for their own game or they can attempt something similar on their own. I think many people rely on pack and cc stuff that they forget that actually, the base building stuff is actually quite good. Although, I do like the diagonal wooden flooring in vampires (Actually, a lot of the building stuff in vampires are very good).

I like the idea of a caravan! Since I have Outdoor Retreat, not only would it go into my world but also it's a nice idea since it's a small plot. I'll see what I can do and figure some things out. ^~^
    Sig.png

I agree, I personally don't like using CC stuff for building but I do have some but I personally want to share my creations to the public so they can download it for their own game or they can attempt something similar on their own. I think many people rely on pack and cc stuff that they forget that actually, the base building stuff is actually quite good. Although, I do like the diagonal wooden flooring in vampires (Actually, a lot of the building stuff in vampires are very good).

I like the idea of a caravan! Since I have Outdoor Retreat, not only would it go into my world but also it's a nice idea since it's a small plot. I'll see what I can do and figure some things out. ^~^

I got inspiration from Kaleidow's video ["10k build challenge - retro caravan"] recreating my own twist on it on a small plot within my game.

I know what you mean though when it comes to wanting to build to all simmers with not using CC and certain packs because not everyone will have all the items available in the build, but I like finding similar things to replace those that I don't have myself (if that makes any sense?) - I watch a speed build pausing it and recreating it step by step and if I don't have that specific item then I have a hunt and see what works in the space (just my own little hobby when I'm not in the mood for actual game play)

I really want certain packs for the build stuff alone let alone what they would add to my game, I'm a huge fan of clutter. I love some good clutter items ^^

"wahoo" - aquaman

I got inspiration from Kaleidow's video ["10k build challenge - retro caravan"] recreating my own twist on it on a small plot within my game.

I know what you mean though when it comes to wanting to build to all simmers with not using CC and certain packs because not everyone will have all the items available in the build, but I like finding similar things to replace those that I don't have myself (if that makes any sense?) - I watch a speed build pausing it and recreating it step by step and if I don't have that specific item then I have a hunt and see what works in the space (just my own little hobby when I'm not in the mood for actual game play)

I really want certain packs for the build stuff alone let alone what they would add to my game, I'm a huge fan of clutter. I love some good clutter items ^^

I get what you mean! That sounds actually quite cool ^~^ I would have to try that out myself at some point haha. I'll check out their video as well to see what they did.
    Sig.png

edited May 2018
    05_03_18_6_54_18_PM.png

Finally finished the building! @PastelMermaid
    Video will be up soon ^-^

Untitled.jpg
    Post edited by MelodyElodie on
    Sig.png

05_03_18_6_54_18_PM.png

Untitled.jpg

tag me when you have it posted? I would love to see it :smile:

"wahoo" - aquaman
    05_03_18_6_54_18_PM.png

Untitled.jpg

I already like what I see, so will be nice to see what you did

"wahoo" - aquaman
    05_03_18_6_54_18_PM.png

Untitled.jpg

I already like what I see, so will be nice to see what you did

Sure! Will make sure to remember when I post it haha.
    Sig.png