Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not all of my cc showing up?

So I play sims on my mac and I've been using cc since GTW came out, but it seems like not all of it shows up. I have everything organized in folders within the mods folder, but no deeper than that, so everything should be read. I'll use a cc item in game, for example a blush, and can see it and use it a few times, but if I go in cas again later, the sim still has the blush on, but I can't see it in the list of cas items, so I can't change the color or anything.
I've posted this in another section and, with the help of rosemow, tried:
-deleting cache files and generating a new mods folder
-taking my mods out of their folders and placing them all directly in the new mod folder
Neither of these seemed to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Are you sure the mods/CC are up to date? It could be that with the release of new patches and regular content for the game that the CC no longer works?

Have you tried moving your entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop? Do Not Delete It! Something in game may be preventing your CC from showing up and doing this may clear it. Start your game without Mods and CC to allow the Sims 4 folder to regenerate. Next move your CC back in a little at a time and ensure that it all shows up. (Sorry there is no other way to do this) Anything that does not show up, you may have to either delete or find another piece of CC that does work. Also, something could be conflicting within your CC causing the other piece of CC to not show up.

While you are doing this, do not add your saved games back into the Sims 4 until you have found out what is causing this problem.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • rbubblesrbubbles Posts: 158 Member
    Are you sure the mods/CC are up to date? It could be that with the release of new patches and regular content for the game that the CC no longer works?

Have you tried moving your entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop? Do Not Delete It! Something in game may be preventing your CC from showing up and doing this may clear it. Start your game without Mods and CC to allow the Sims 4 folder to regenerate. Next move your CC back in a little at a time and ensure that it all shows up. (Sorry there is no other way to do this) Anything that does not show up, you may have to either delete or find another piece of CC that does work. Also, something could be conflicting within your CC causing the other piece of CC to not show up.

While you are doing this, do not add your saved games back into the Sims 4 until you have found out what is causing this problem.

Thank you for replying! While some pieces are a bit older, they seem to function fine in my game (aside from not showing up in cas), because they did show up at one point, namely before I added more content. I tried creating a new mods folder as you suggested, but it didn't seem to do anything.
    Because items not showing up seems to happen more as I add more cc, I'm curious if there's a limit. I'm currently playing on my macbook pro, but the same thing happened when I used to play on my desktop.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Yes, there is a limit. I don't remember off the top of my head what it is though.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    Do you have all the expansions for TS4? Some CC is based on meshes from expansion packs, so when you don't have those packs, the CC doesn't show in your game.
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I had a vanity table that didn't show, because I didn't have "Vintage Glamour Stuff" and the mesh was made after one of the vanity tables.
    Same there's a leather jacket that doesn't show because I don't have Get Together.
  • rbubblesrbubbles Posts: 158 Member
    Do you have all the expansions for TS4? Some CC is based on meshes from expansion packs, so when you don't have those packs, the CC doesn't show in your game.

I don't have all the packs, but I'm usually careful to only download things that are basegame compatible or use the packs that I have. The missing content is stuff that has previously shown up in my game, worked fine, and now the icons are not showing up, so I can't use them anymore.