Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Doors & Rooms: Tutorial Room Completed!

Comments

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Woo, great relief!
    You're on summer break now?

The written exams are over. I'm on a 2-day placement to a school allocated community pharmacy this Thursday and Friday. Next week I also have another test... but yeah. I'm 'almost' done. :)

De laatste loodjes nog. ;)
    Banner.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    What is the ideal number of players for an escape room game? What do you guys think?
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    What is the ideal number of players for an escape room game? What do you guys think?

Depends on how many tasks mut be completed at once.

For example:
    - if there are 10 puzzles at once each revealing once letter for a password, then you might want to have at least 8 people so everyone can split up and focus on 1 or 2 tasks each.
    - if there is only 1 or 2 puzzles, of which the results lead to 1 next puzzle, which leads to one other next puzzle etc, you might want to have less people, to prevent overcrowding.

So you'll have to balance player numbers accordingly to how your puzzles are planned. Twiddle's show was with 6 people though, which worked out pretty fine. :)
    Banner.png
    @icmnfrsh @YJB19299 how are your simmies going? ;)

I'm thinking about starting a "tutorial" round, just for warming-up and get ourselves familiarised with the gameplay before jumping into the actual game, what do you guys think?

@Idontrcall @kittymeow @M13Vulpecula @twiddle3
    ._.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member

I'm thinking about starting a "tutorial" round, just for warming-up and get ourselves familiarised with the gameplay before jumping into the actual game, what do you guys think?

To your earlier question, I was going to suggest 6 but I have no idea, lol. Just listen to Vul, they know what they're talking about.

I'd like a tutorial round please!
    kittymeow wrote: »
    To your earlier question, I was going to suggest 6 but I have no idea, lol. Just listen to Vul, they know what they're talking about.

I'd like a tutorial round please!

Sure, we'll start the tutorial puzzle. But I need Iceman's and Yannik's sims' names.
    ._.
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member

If you think a tutorial would help us understand the game better Choco then, by all means, Please do. :smile:

I think it would definetley benefit those unfamiliar with Escape rooms in general and would also be good practice for those who have played one before because I can imagine your game will be slightly different to what we may be used to and any changes would be better noted now rather than later. ;)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    edited May 2018
    Oh and I found that between 6-8 is a good number for players, Anymore than that and it can get a bit confusing for both players and host alike.

More people means more to keep track of, although too few can also slow the game down considerably, It's all about finding the right balance. (Like Vul said) A good rule of thumb I went by was to make sure there were enough puzzles to match the number of players per room.
    Christmas_Banner.png
    Thanks. I've never designed an escape room puzzles myself before. It's a bit of a problem for me to assign enough tasks/puzzles to all individual players at the moment. I don't know how long it's going to take for one to finish the escape so that's why I have made this tutorial round a referencing point to adjust for future puzzles and stuff.
    ._.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'll give my sim in a while. I'll work on the rest of the app sometime
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Tutorial will start once I've received @YJB19299 sim
    ._.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

It depends. I've encountered rooms that are only big enough (room-wise and number of puzzles) for 4-6, while others I've played are made for 6-10.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    If you need a backup, please let me know. I love this kind of stuff. lol
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    If you need a backup, please let me know. I love this kind of stuff. lol

Do you want to join?
    ._.
    Absolutely! I just thought you were full. lol It's what I get for skimming through instead of reading. lol
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Do you care whether it's female or male or what kind of sim it is? (IE: alien, genie, plantsim, regular sim, etc)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Do you care whether it's female or male or what kind of sim it is? (IE: alien, genie, plantsim, regular sim, etc)

You can submit any sim you want as long as it's not a ghost ;)
    ._.

lol Because ghosts can't be locked in a room. Bwahahaha! Good point! Sweet! I love letting my imagination run.

How much time do you need? I've been kind of in a non-sim mood lately (been watching car crash videos and playing Life is Strange), but this could pop me back into the mood again.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    edited May 2018
    Actually, I'm going on a 2-day placement tomorrow and won't be checking the forums often. But I'd like the sims app sent and done before the week ends.
    ._.
    Ok. I'll try to work on it tonight and tomorrow. :)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories

lol Because ghosts can't be locked in a room. Bwahahaha! Good point! Sweet! I love letting my imagination run.

How much time do you need? I've been kind of in a non-sim mood lately (been watching car crash videos and playing Life is Strange), but this could pop me back into the mood again.

Ooh, Life is Strange! I've watched Choco's lets play videos on Ultimate Mafia of that. :)
    Banner.png
    It's fun, but I already want to start all over to change things. lol
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    It's fun, but I already want to start all over to change things. lol

That's part of the charm of the genre - after a full play you could play again and do things differently and see what happens then. :)
    Banner.png
    Yep, it's so fun! Sometimes I can't play, though. It depends on how my head is. I hate it. lol I wish I wouldn't get sick from games. I take it slow, and it usually is fine.

I'm thinking about buying Firewatch, but I need to do more research first. I want to watch people play it a little to see if I might get sick from it.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    I just got Resident Evil 7, it's almost time for action :D
    ._.