Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want Sims 5 to be?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
Hello, guys!
Now that we know that EA is going to start producing a new Sims game (Sims 5?!), and that Sims 4 will probably have some more years to prove itself... What do you guys want for the franchise? I know what i want. I've been playing the Sims since i was 8 years old, i played every single game, and i love every single bit of them all. Many of us still play the other games, specially Sims 2 that has a really active fanbase, and se know that the Sims 1 and Sims 2 are starting tô show its age. We even have to do some things for Sims 2 to work in Windows 10.
Then i thought "why EA doesnt remaster those games like many other games are remastered?!"
I know that the developers like tô stay true to our time period, i remember that the electronic objects in Sims 1 where more "primitive" than what we see in Sims 4, but is that the problem?! I dont think só... If you guys have any ideas why, please tell me.
So, what i want Sims 5 to be?! I want a Sims 1 + 2 remastered in one new game. How would that work?! Sims 2 is actually pretty similar to Sims 1 in many aspects, we can find many objects from the first game in Sims 1, and many animations look similar. I think that the should remaster Sims 2 basegame as Sims 5 (with minimal changes), all Sims 2 expansions remastered, some of Sims 1 expansions as Stuff Packs (living large, house party...), some of them as Game Packs (vacation, hot date), some of them as Expansion Packs ( Superstar, Makin' Magic... We had nothing like those in Sims 2 to clash)... But Unleashed and Sims 2 Pets were similar... I would mind this time If the released Sims 2 Pets remastered and a Unleashed Stuff Pack... Maybe they could include all Cats and Dogs Stuff from Unleashed tô the Sims 2 Pets EP, and the other common objects could be other gamepacks or stuff Packs. I would love to see The Sims Stories objects and neighborhoods we didnt had in Sims 2.
They could even make newer Stuff Packs, game packs and expansions... But never hurting a previous pack. Maybe they could mix all of them and not release them in the same order, for us to have a surprise... Would be cool to see newer things in the Sims 2 Universe. Maybe the expansions would add New neighborhoods and those neighborhoods would include families from Sims 3 50 years in the future (the same timeline as the other Sims 2 neighborhoods).
Neighborhood 01 from Sims 1 could be in the Sims 2 timeline too, showing what happened to the families that never appeared in any games like the Mashugas, the Hatfildes, the Hicks and etc...
The neighborhoods could be exactly like they were in Sims 2, but opened, then we would be able to walk around and If we wanted to visit a neighbor we had to load a screen (for those who dont have high-end computers) or and option to have everything loaded already (for those with good and fast computers).
I would love to see Neighborhood 01 and all Sims 2 neighborhoods returning, with even better graphics than Sims 4... What would it look like?! Idk, but i think It would be a huge success. It would give a chance for us that love Sims 1/2 to play for more 20 years in the worlds we love, with the same premades, the same neighborhoods, the same objects, the same animations... I would be sooooo happy!!!!!

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sorry, i just realised i placed It in the wrong place. How can i delete It? Where should i POST this?
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    You can't delete a thread (although you could ask the moderators to do so). The easiest approach would probably be to hit the flag button on your initial post and write a message stating where you would like this moved, and why. You won't be penalized for the self-flagging.

P.S. What I want from a hypothetical Sims 5: 1) Open world. 2) Open world. 3) Open world. 4) Everything else.