Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 Hopes

NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
So there are tons of rumors going around right now that TS4 might be the last game in the Sims franchise but for the sake of this discussion let's assume the rumors aren't true and that there will be another Sims game. If so, what do you hope to see in the next game? For me my list would be:

- Different heights for sims, such as choosing between short, average, and tall
- Seasons! There might be a slim chance they will make it for TS4 but I'm not too hopeful
- Create a neighboorhood
- More interactive with babies, such as being able to carry them around.
- This is a small thing but strollers! I'd love to take toddlers and babies on strolls around the neighborhood
- More gender options. Really I'd just like them to keep what they did with TS4's gender customization but a non-binary kind of option would be nice
- Terrain editing, I miss this so much! I really want to make hills and ponds again!
- More careers

What do you guys want? :blush:
"You've gotta be stirring my pasta."

Comments

• More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Um seasons will undoubtedly come in the Sims 4. o .O It's a highly demanded EP......so yeah. I think in 5 that weather/seasons should finally just be basic base game material and then they can add to it in a EP for holidays and outdoorsy activities and such.

I'd like to see a more gradual aging of Sims too.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited April 2018
    1. CASt.
    2. Open world, or at least open neighborhood.
    3. Terrain tools.
    4. The ability to customize the open areas.
    5. The ability to place lots where we choose and not be restricted to preplaced lots.
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    Massively optimistic (some of this stuff may never be feasible even if we get to Sims X):

Features to return:
    - open world
    - Create a style
    - Story progression
    - Terrain tools
    - The intuitive building feel to sims 4

What I would expect in base game by now so that expansions can be new and exciting:
    - weather
    - Pets
    - School/uni
    - Businesses

New features:
    - gradual ageing (rather than life stages)
    - Differentiated heights
    - Layered clothing in CAS (do you choose each individual item of clothing and everything can be layered)
    - a genetics system that utilises recessive and dominant traits
    - More realistic art style (not too far into realism, just a little more than there is at the moment)
    - An ability to be first person in a sim - so you can have the option to view the camera mode though their eyes
    - True split levels on building tools - so you can do split levelled homes, multi-stage staircases, basements on hillsides again (I miss making those in sims 3)

That’s all I can think of for now!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited April 2018
    I would want an entirely offline experience. That would be my perfect sims game.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Personally I'd like to see this added to sims 4 rather than starting all over again..
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    All the awesome CAS-tools we’ve been missing for too long now when it comes to finally being able to customize more unique sim-traits/sim-personalities. In my opinion TS5-CAS should be at least 50% about Traits/Personality and only 50% Looks/Outfits – not like today when it’s still 99% about eye colors, T-shirts and hairstyles… Don’t get me wrong - I don’t wish to cut back on anything in today’s TS4-CAS. Cause it’s great! I just think that when it comes to TS5 it’s really-REALLY time to take that huge leap forward and in addition provide us with a proper Trait/Personality CAS-section. And of course TS5-traits should have all the gameplay impact we could ever wish for in a sims-game…

That elusive but o-so-important overall Depth and Replay-value – Two key-features far too important to be overlooked once more I think. What do you think?

Rewards… Seriously – What’s up with all the potions?! Shouldn’t there have been a million other, much more intriguing things to put on that Reward-list by now…? And I’m not talking about extra-comfy sofas or any other pointless stuff, just to be crystal clear here... I don’t know about everyone else – but I’d sure like to see a wider range of rewards. Rewards that could benefit storytelling as well as adding interesting new personality-sides to a certain sim. Also – wouldn’t it be more interesting if not all rewards on that list were offered to every sim in your game? What if The Reward-list could somewhat differ between sims and even change over time depending on a sim’s actions in-game and other circumstances…?
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    i honestly cant picture height being a thing, not sure how that could work in a game with animations unless they characters never actually make contact with each other. but who knows, im no animator. i could be wrong.

what i need is sims to get their smarts back, to once again have purpose, a well done story progression. i wanna see open world and world creator back. and all the customization options return. i too would like to see what someone mentioned above about create a sim have much more to do with personality and not just appearance. though as they said, i dont want to see appearance sacrificed either. i agree they are of equal importance. I want this to feel like a sims game again, not hollow, empty and lifeless like the sims 4.

I would love to just see all the best features of sims 2, 3 and 4 put together into one game with updated graphics.

• BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Being able to freely paint hair and make our own designs on clothes, like how Create a Pet works
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited April 2018
    1. All life stages none locked to a object preteens if they make teens adult sized again
    2. Cars in the base game with the return of the school bus carpools firetrucks and pizza delivery
    3. CAW
    4. Color wheel in CAS
    5. Sims actually having awareness to the world and Sims around them
    6. Traits that make each Sim feel and play different
    7. Offline

That's about all of my must haves for Sims 5
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited April 2018
    Cars in the base game along with Hottubs,Weather and Pets.

In Bed Animations

No Lifestages Missing

Swimming Pools

Ocean Swimming in the base game.

Single Player Mode
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    After if my show of the version of The Sims 4 will be over from Season 1-6, I will be back as a revival of The Sims 5 with different radio stations.

Returning radio stations are

(Base Game of Sims 5)
    • Pop
    • Electronic Dance (formerly known as Techno in TS1 and TS2, and Electronica in TS3 and TS4)
    • Rock
    • Kids
    • Salsa (formerly known as Latin in TS1, TS3, and TS4)
    • Blues (returned from TS4)
    • Classical
    (Upcoming vacation pack of Sims 5)
    • World
    • Beach (formerly known as Beach in TS1 and Beach Party in TS3, with only 2 reggae songs, 1 dancehall song, and 3 beach songs)
    • Island
    • Folk

(Upcoming business pack of Sims 5)
    • Shopping (returned from TS2)
    • Easy Listening (with songs from Hot Date)

(Upcoming nightlife pack of Sims 5)
    • Hip Hop
    • R&B
    • Disco

(Upcoming pets pack of Sims 5)
    • Country
    • Songwriter
    • Oldies

(Upcoming seasons pack of Sims 5)
    • Christmas
    • New Age
    • Surf
    • Halloween

(Upcoming university pack of Sims 5)
    • Geek Rock
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    After if my show of the version of The Sims 4 will be over from Season 1-6, I will be back as a revival of The Sims 5 with different radio stations.

Returning radio stations are

(Base Game of Sims 5)
    • Pop
    • Electronic Dance (formerly known as Techno in TS1 and TS2, and Electronica in TS3 and TS4)
    • Rock
    • Kids
    • Salsa (formerly known as Latin in TS1, TS3, and TS4)
    • Blues (returned from TS4)
    • Classical
    (Upcoming vacation pack of Sims 5)
    • World
    • Beach (formerly known as Beach in TS1 and Beach Party in TS3, with only 2 reggae songs, 1 dancehall song, and 3 beach songs)
    • Island
    • Folk

(Upcoming business pack of Sims 5)
    • Shopping (returned from TS2)
    • Easy Listening (with songs from Hot Date)

(Upcoming nightlife pack of Sims 5)
    • Hip Hop
    • R&B
    • Disco

(Upcoming pets pack of Sims 5)
    • Country
    • Songwriter
    • Oldies

(Upcoming seasons pack of Sims 5)
    • Christmas
    • New Age
    • Surf
    • Halloween

(Upcoming university pack of Sims 5)
    • Geek Rock

Oh yes Easy Listening. I listen to Easy Listening in real life in it's Beautiful Music Form.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    MrJessXD wrote: »
    Personally I'd like to see this added to sims 4 rather than starting all over again..

That's impossible with the way The Sims 4 was built.

I do agree with the sentiment though; a base game should be able to expand in almost every regard.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited April 2018
    What I think should be in base game:
    • The most asked expansions so they focus on new things faster and not to get too repetitive again (e.g. Seasons/Pets/University/Supernaturals) with a slight tweak to improve it from past iterations (control sims in elementary and high schools).
    • Things that worked/were loved from past games and making improvements to make it better: ALL existing life stages and maybe add one or two more to make it more exciting, memories, more traits, more aspirations, CAS S4 style, CAW for builders, CASt, open restaurants,businesses, true multitasking, hobbies, more than 7 skills (bring back cleaning skill, I don't like how all sims are able to make their beds without me telling them to do it), chemistry, cars, wants/fears, turn-ons/offs with more options, a more in-depth story progression, being able to choose the aging system for both played sims and unplayed sims and how long life stages last.
    • Keep careers/professions from past games and add new ones (e.g. teacher for elementary schools, high schools or college, psychologist etc.). I would not be against more active careers but only if they are optional like in S4 meaning you can either control it or you can go like a normal career for those who don't care for active careers. completely optional meaning I don't have to use it at all to advance/unlock things that are in the game.
    • I don't mind for an open/semi-open/closed world as long as my computer can play it and that it doesn't mess up my saves.
    Now for gameplay:
    • The option to neglect/kill children/babies/toddlers without them being taken away or at least neglect them for days. or if not maybe a bad growing up memory.
    • I certainly do not miss kids/teens automatically going to military schools if you go lower than 6/20. Make it up for the parents to decide and harder for kids/teens to recover because it makes it more challenging and more interesting stories >:) .
    • Curfews should be up to the parents.
    • Two sims being able to dance together
    • More activities for toddlers/kids/teens (sandbox, swing, hopscotch, skipping rope with other sims, basically anything you can find in the playground and kids throwing stuff at other sims or houses, kicking trash cans, teen exclusive social events, teen sneaking out, defacing statues, cooking skill for children, tagging on the floor and mess up with them etc.).
    • More social interactions exclusive to their personalities (e.g. mean sims having a harder time to have positive interaction than other but can more successful with other mean sims, nice sims not having as much mean interactions).
    • Swim in the ocean or any kind of water in the game. Scuba diving skill and having boats.
    • Bring back burglars/firefighters/policemen to bring back runaway children/pets etc.
    • Teens can be pregnant even in university. Children can do kissing stuff but not further I guess.
    • More romantic interaction will siting on the table (e.g. holding hands, give food like in S2).
    • Character Values and discipline from the Parenthood GP, and maybe add some more.
    • Merge SP and GP together for more in-depth gameplay in one pack so they can focus on new ideas for the franchise.
    • Being able to go to the hospital/police station even when not working there, like the vet clinic.
    That's all I can think of right now, maybe I'll find more later.
    Post edited by SimsAddict_244 on
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Terrain tools, CASt, open world, consequences, depth, meaningful socials, no fake back drops. Less targeting to children, I don’t mean change the rating (I accept that won’t happen) but less angry poops.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I definitively wouldn't be against random deaths and lasting consequences for our sims.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I want a built in CAW tool so you can edit worlds as and when you want while also being able to add your own lot sizes

Also having some weather effects and some pets from the start would be nice to avoid having to again have a Seasons and Pets EPs all the time. Supernatural stuff I couldn't give a plum about whatsoever.

Oh and make sure the worlds are open of course!

Lets just hope the next game is not some cheap mobile app though, can you imagine trying to navigate through a massive world to get your Sim to work while you are on a bus for your phone to die on you because you have no battery life left? :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I don't want or expect Sims 4 to end anytime soon but there are a few things I'd like in the next one

-Ability to create the townies and other NPC's that will spawn. I'd like the choice over looks, dress, and even type (human or gender). The gender selection I know is kind of a no-no generally but for storytelling it would be great.
    -Ability to escape technology through an off the grid option. I don't really want my sim tied to a cell phone. I'd even like the option to somehow do away with mailboxes. I'm pretty sure it's a pipe dream but once again for story telling and challenges and for immersion. Thinking of things like when people with the use of cc usually set up apocalypse challenges, and stories set in another time.
    -I hope when they make it there is an ability to more seamlessly grow your sims. I doubt that will be the next one though. I'm hoping animation is more advanced in general also.
    -Toggles please for all sorts of things. Play difficulty. Chaos possibility. Only humans in certain saves ect..
    -Give us a starter template also one that includes whatever base makeup you chose for your sim.
    -Ability to easily save a custom world in a distinct area. I know I can kind of do this now but it gets lost in the shuffle of saves.
    egTcBMc.png
  • NiyebeBlurrNiyebeBlurr Posts: 93 Member

I personally do not think that the sims would end there because it's the only simulation game (that i know of) for pc of its kind, it would be a shame for them to throw it away like that for mobile games (As if freeplay wasn't enough, jeez lol)!

Since I don't mind the loading screens because of constant play of the sims 2, if they were to continue it, It would be nice to have it limited with no need for loading a neighbor's house to visit.
    - NPCS (such as Burglars) and necessary items (such as dishwashers, pools, etc) NEED to be included and completed in the base game. And maybe this is a stretch but i think basic weather like rain should be included in base game as well.
    - Please keep the cartoonish look, its gorgeous and really fits the sims vibe imo!
    - more small detail customization in base game like choosing plate and cookware colors/designs, things like that.
    - AND IF THERE'S GOING TO BE A SIMS 5 FOR CONSOLE PLEASE LET IT BE LIKE SIMS 2'S THAT'S ALL I ASK. I miss story mode, 2 player and controlling their direction with the analog stick!

in general, all I want is for the base game to be good, other than that I'm not too picky about the expansions and stuff packs because I tend to like them...though, i don't like what the sims 4 is doing with the baiting for example...my first pet stuff ...that shouldve been included with the exp. :#
    tumblr_mt947oTSBg1r3nvfwo1_500.gif
    Origin ID : Amihvn