Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim AI realism

dirty_milosdirty_milos Posts: 210 Member
edited April 2018 in Off Topic Chat
My Sim was an enemy with Jacques Villareal, with the friendship bar completely in red, but Jacques still allowed him to join his club Knights of the Hedge. Come on, be real, at least just a little bit.

{EA_Lanna: Edited thread title}
Post edited by dirty_milos on

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Weirder gameplay
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've seen two sims fight then take a photo together!
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Well I can't speak for everyone but I tend to keep my friends closer and my enemies closer.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yep, primitive AI.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    The game sure does need a personality and behaviour overhaul, I'm sure we'll get there one day.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I like the Sims 4 to a point, but I think the Sims 3 emotions and relationship reactions were far superior. If there is to be a Sims 5 I would love for them to bring back the best of all the games.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    The game sure does need a personality and behaviour overhaul, I'm sure we'll get there one day.

I will grudgingly give a nod to "Live Service" if The Sims studio does this.
    This is actually more important than having witches, farming, Seasons and University for me, as much as I want those packs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    edited April 2018
    It's the funniest joke I've ever played and still continue to play.

I just can't stop laughing. Send help.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, Jacques is insa... Ahem... Erratic after all. His aspiration is in Deviance category. By having your sim be an enemy with him, you are completing his goal to have enemies.
    I think the game will automatically have your sim get kicked out of they have too low relationship with members and they break club's rules, but let's face it, there aren't any in that club. You can switch to Jacques' household to ban some things, or you can try to overthrow the leader by complaining about him to other club members. Once they all agree that the leader must go, just overthrow him and your sim is the next leader.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sounds about right, “smarter sims” Allegedly.

I’ve seen sims physically fight and then friendly hug after and joke.
  • Options
    StormIVXStormIVX Posts: 12 New Member
    I know OP, TS4 lacks when it comes to having sims who are different and act anything other then happy. I really hate when my loner, geek, deviance sim (who has a career in crime) keeps calling & asking if you out for lunch, says 'so & so is pretty cool, Im so glad your friends with so & so' Barf.
    This dude won't stop joking & laughing with everyone, dresses in flip flops with a silly grin constantly on his face. He's suppose to be a bad guy! Why even have traits if the sims aren't going to use them?
  • Options
    shellbeme wrote: »
    Yep, primitive AI.
    Yeah. The graphics and animations are superb, but AI almost lacks. It is questionable could it really be improved in the Sims 4, but it is a direction for developing the Sims 5: keep current graphics and animations, they are awesome, and focus more on AI and realism in the gameplay. After all, this is supposed to be a simulation of life. Maybe to hire some psychologists and sociologists for advices on human character and behavior. Make Sim characters more complex and misterious, make them more autonomous and unpredictable, make them love and marry and hate on their own will, make them produce children with other Sims without the help of human player, make them refuse your job application if they don't like you, make them throw you on the street or into social care if you don't pay your bills, etc, etc.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I'm only disappointed many things from previous games are still missing in this game: memories, chemistry, CASt, CAW, university, seasons, pets other than cats and dogs, not a lot of traits, jobs and aspirations, burglars and firefighters. I also don't like how easy it is to repair relationships in this game and also some autonomous actions such as sims making their bed (still disappointed there is no more cleaning skill) or them taking slightly more than one hour to do their homework.

Nevertheless, when they did make improvements from past iterations (aging, parenthood, toddlers and vampires to name a few and the return of businesses and open restaurants) I believe they are more in-depth than previous games however, they seem to only focus on one theme at a time which is to the detriment to other things that are important to other players. The worst has to be sims just standing there taking hours to make a single action.

I like the game and I'm still playing it but there's still a lot of improvements to make.
  • Options
    robynx3orobynx3o Posts: 5 New Member
    Well, it's the same with having a full red bar and going lovers with a couple of jokes and some compliments here and there. Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much, but I'd be ecstatic to see what kind of AI revamp they could do. I'm not counting on ever seeing in on TS4, but maybe the fifth will have it better.
  • Options
    Maybe some science could help improve the Sim AI diversity and strength. ;-) For example, look at the "16 Personalities" test, based on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), which is based upon the theory of psychological types described by C. G. Jung. I did the test myself, got the INTP-A result, and in the description of my type I found the test pretty accurate.

The test.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

My result.

https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/56a5e61a6bfb5

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/home.htm
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I think I'm INTJ (I took the test a while ago), but my "loner" self sim is the most sociable loner I know. She just walks on up to strangers and chats away.

Also agree about mean and evil sims. They are about as mean as a fluffy teddy bear!
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2018
    Maybe some science could help improve the Sim AI diversity and strength. ;-) For example, look at the "16 Personalities" test, based on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), which is based upon the theory of psychological types described by C. G. Jung. I did the test myself, got the INTP-A result, and in the description of my type I found the test pretty accurate.

The test.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

My result.

https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/56a5e61a6bfb5

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/home.htm

My result
    https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/4af1c9bf75921

I think the Observant is a little high, other quite accurate.
    And all of a sudden I found my sim Shadow likes a ISTP( self assured, loner, unflirty)
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    PorkahontasPorkahontas Posts: 27 Member
    It seems like Sims 3 has better ai realism than sims 4. I'm not too sure though thats just what I heard.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited April 2018
    I did have a sim get overthrown as club leader once for being disliked by the other members, which I thought was neat

I don't see this as an issue though, I've had "fight club" style clubs that meet up just to fight and be mean to each other (so they all have reddened relationships with one another). I think at the time, I was using a club like this to help with the daily task of the criminal career. If the sims were gonna start kicking each other out or not allowing entry based on relationship I wouldn't have been able to do that
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Bubbles_19Bubbles_19 Posts: 476 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Well, Jacques is insa... Ahem... Erratic after all.
    Nope, still insane

mario%20gif_zpstweslqlh.gif

Simming since '09.
  • Options
    My Sim has a neighbor in her building who is her enemy, but he still enters her apartment at will to play video games. (The fact that her enemy is my Selfsim is another story, lol.)