Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My puppy died of heatstroke...

ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
November 9, 2017 - April 22, 2018
R.I.P Zeus
You were my shy guy :(
I prefer Shade than Shady

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Sorry for your loss. :(
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I'm so sorry @Shadyboop ! We are all here for you <3
  • Options
    k_reeser1k_reeser1 Posts: 153 Member
    just use the resurrect cheat or backup an older save if you have one!
    untitled.png

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    k_reeser1 wrote: »
    just use the resurrect cheat or backup an older save if you have one!

I don't think that it was a puppy in game, given the dates, unfortunately.

@Shadyboop I am sorry for your loss, it is heartbreaking to lose a pet.
  • Options
    k_reeser1k_reeser1 Posts: 153 Member
    oh man,i apologize!
    untitled.png

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Oh no :( that is terrible... Sorry for your loss, I'm sure your puppy had a great home & was happy to be with you. I send you a virtual hug, losing a pet is painful :(
  • Options
    JujuBeeBunJujuBeeBun Posts: 8 New Member
    Aw, I'm so sorry! I know how it feels to lose a friend or pet... We're here for you!
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited April 2018

What nooo way

Though it feels bad when your pet gets sick in Cats & Dogs, animals won't die of anything other than old age. And when they do die, ...
    they’ll often become ghosts that can be revived with a special treat. It’s upsetting, but not finite—it’s the most obvious avenue where realism was not considered. The Sims 4 is a game, after all, often considered a children’s game or a source of comfort, and it’s clear that EA Maxis wanted the game to be more fun than sad.

Are you sure you're talking about Sims 4?? ( Do you mean your puppy died in your real life, if so. Sorry for your lost. yes puppies are like babies we have to treat them and take care of them just like they are human babies )
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    What nooo way

Though it feels bad when your pet gets sick in Cats & Dogs, animals won't die of anything other than old age. And when they do die, ...
    they’ll often become ghosts that can be revived with a special treat. It’s upsetting, but not finite—it’s the most obvious avenue where realism was not considered. The Sims 4 is a game, after all, often considered a children’s game or a source of comfort, and it’s clear that EA Maxis wanted the game to be more fun than sad.

Are you sure you're talking about Sims 4?? ( Do you mean your puppy died in your real life, if so. Sorry for your lost. yes puppies are like babies we have to treat them and take care of them just like they are human babies )

Read the thread.
  • Options
    TeenWolf_1999TeenWolf_1999 Posts: 498 Member
    Oh so so sorry for your loss.Losing a pet can be very tough and painful yet it will pass with time.
    VaguePepperyAmericancrayfish-max-1mb.gif
    Steam:Quanode
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

SimTrippy wrote: »
    What nooo way

Read the thread.

@SimTrippy. Read my full post so that you won't fall over your own feet while trying to get me to walk a straight line
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Oh my.
    I hope your little Zeus rests happy and awaits you in the afterlife. I know it's hard to lose an animal you care so dearly about.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss. :'(
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sorry about that :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. :(
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss. :( Wherever puppies and furry babies go, I'm hoping he's chasing butterflies and birds all day long.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    How did the puppy get heatstroke?
  • Options
    ShadyboopShadyboop Posts: 6,751 Member
    How did the puppy get heatstroke?

It is hot in my country
    I prefer Shade than Shady
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member

SimTrippy wrote: »
    What nooo way

Read the thread.

@SimTrippy. Read my full post so that you won't fall over your own feet while trying to get me to walk a straight line
    You could've saved yourself a paragraph if you understood the context of the thread.
  • Options

One reason it was good to explain to new simmers and people that do not have the EP Cats & Dogs is to reassure everyone that No we are not killing puppies in Sims game C&D, the OP did not say it was a real dog, he never did say his real pup. also, he said the dog was with him at just about the time of Reaselease of the game. and some simmers could have it on that day.

If you think that was a lot of writing which I do love to type. :) you should read some of my other posts lol lol :D .
    Also, I think we can mute so that way no problem right

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2018
    Can heat stroke even happen in the weather-less boring world of The Sims 4? Obviously not. It's obvious that the topic creator lost a real dog, and we shouldn't be cluttering up their topic of expressing their grief with such an argument.

@Shadyboop I'm really sorry for your loss. I can not imagine losing a puppy. That would break my heart. Losing dogs that have lived a long life is so incredibly hard in of itself.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    :cry:
    Sorry for your loss. Losing a best friend like that is very painful. The only thing that helps is time. I know that is a little cliché but it's true. The pain eventually goes but you never stop missing or loving your friend. I lost my sweet dog to cancer back in 2011 and some days I still can't believe she's gone. I won't ever stop loving her or missing her but the pain has gone. Maybe you can make some toys or something for your local shelter in tribute to her if you feel up to it. If it helps, here's a virtual hug.
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • Options
    steelersfan4evasteelersfan4eva Posts: 24 Member
    im sorry!
  • Options
    BlackStarSagaBlackStarSaga Posts: 27 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear what happened :C
    I just recently lost my dog to cancer :C She was perfectly fine but in less than a week she got really sick and stopped eating and had the hardest time breathing from the cancer in her lungs. We had to put her down and it's very difficult to think about it. I'm so sad to not have her here but I just have to remind myself that shes not suffering anymore and she had a great life and got spoiled endlessly.
    tenor.gif?itemid=4762014