Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Play - New Sims 4 Experience Speculation

Comments

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    He is - but I hear he also oversees the gps as well. But usually he only seems to show eps which he is head dev and producer of. So it would make sense to be an ep.

Hmmmm - his favorite things??? Could be anything.... I know his wife, and his Corgi, Peaches, are very special to him- but we've already got dogss and marriage. He likes games of all kinds and making games - but can't imagine an ep game about games - I think I heard a few times he likes History... but can't imagine how that would work into an ep - .... I'm at a lost.... He really keeps what he likes pretty much to himself compared to some Sims Guru's. I have no idea.

Could it be a Sims Medieval type spin off? I do wonder what period in history they would choose.

His favorite theme is Apocalypse. He stated that on the cats and dogs live stream.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    He is - but I hear he also oversees the gps as well. But usually he only seems to show eps which he is head dev and producer of. So it would make sense to be an ep.

Hmmmm - his favorite things??? Could be anything.... I know his wife, and his Corgi, Peaches, are very special to him- but we've already got dogss and marriage. He likes games of all kinds and making games - but can't imagine an ep game about games - I think I heard a few times he likes History... but can't imagine how that would work into an ep - .... I'm at a lost.... He really keeps what he likes pretty much to himself compared to some Sims Guru's. I have no idea.

Could it be a Sims Medieval type spin off? I do wonder what period in history they would choose.

His favorite theme is Apocalypse. He stated that on the cats and dogs live stream.

That will probebly come later but I still think the Next Ep is Seasons. There have been so many hints. Even in Cats and Dogs we got Turtlenecks in CAS and in build mode trees with Autumn Leaves.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member

He also stated that the Apocalypse theme had been scrapped and they weren't going to do it. :'(
    #Team Occult
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

He also stated that the Apocalypse theme had been scrapped and they weren't going to do it. :'(
    He wouldn’t either be able to persuade EA to do it for the Sims games. So he would need to switch to some other game if he wants to do this theme.
    Erpe wrote: »

He wouldn’t either be able to persuade EA to do it for the Sims games. So he would need to switch to some other game if he wants to do this theme.

Except that it was a theme that was considered. EA sent out questionnaires in the early days of Sims 4 that listed a variety of themes, to see what simmers were interested in, and Apocalypse was one of them. So if EA had received a lot of interest in it, they might have done it. But Grant Rodiek said in a live stream that he had really wanted to do a Fallout style Apocalypse but it got passed over.

Although there is the possibility that they instead chose to go another direction with a similar theme. They could do a natural disaster apocalypse, or Alien invasion instead.
    #Team Occult

Except that it was a theme that was considered. EA sent out questionnaires in the early days of Sims 4 that listed a variety of themes, to see what simmers were interested in, and Apocalypse was one of them. So if EA had received a lot of interest in it, they might have done it. But Grant Rodiek said in a live stream that he had really wanted to do a Fallout style Apocalypse but it got passed over.

Although there is the possibility that they instead chose to go another direction with a similar theme. They could do a natural disaster apocalypse, or Alien invasion instead.
    I just can’t see it as something that would suit a Sims game because it is about a divine power coming to earth and removing all evil beings. To me it seems as a theme for a RPG game or a war game instead. Or it could be a survival game where we would have to fight hard just to survive.

Aliens in Sims games have always been peaceful and any kinds of big disasters would be against the whole spirit of the Sims games.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

I just can’t see it as something that would suit a Sims game because it is about a divine power coming to earth and removing all evil beings. To me it seems as a theme for a RPG game or a war game instead. Or it could be a survival game where we would have to fight hard just to survive.

Aliens in Sims games have always been peaceful and any kinds of big disasters would be against the whole spirit of the Sims games.

In ts3 seasons, you could fly around in a ufo, shooting lasers down at sims on the ground. Hardly peaceful.

In ts3 seasons, you could fly around in a ufo, shooting lasers down at sims on the ground. Hardly peaceful.
    Okay. But you couldn’t kill them could you? ;)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2018

No, I'm pretty sure he said they were already working on his favorite theme. (Which he obviously couldn't tell us.) So he chose apocalypse as another theme he'd want to do but is very unlikely to happen.

I don't know... We had a similar theme (dystopian) in The Sims 3: Into the Future. If the demand were high enough, who knows what kind of packs we might get.

With the meteors, you could. ;)
    IceyJ wrote: »

But that was just nature wasn’t it? ;)

Sims have never been able to kill other sims (or even animals) and I doubt that they ever will.
    IceyJ wrote: »

But that was just nature wasn’t it? ;)

Sims have never been able to kill other sims (or even animals) and I doubt that they ever will.

I think you're limiting your view on the possibilities. Of course an apocalyptic theme wouldn't be the same in the Sims as it is in other games. There are no "rules" to what an apocalypse has to include. I don't know why you assume it would have to have religious elements or that there would need to be killing for this concept to work. It probably would have been more about survival and foraging and "driving off" whatever threat came as opposed to killing them. It's still the Sims 4 after all. It would have been done in a more cartoony way, more of a parody of an apocalypse.

But anyway, Grant said they passed on it so that's not likely to be what they're working on.
    #Team Occult
    edited May 2018
    @LiELF The word apocalypse has different meanings as you can see on http://www.dictionary.com/browse/apocalypse But it usually means divine interference or in games more often universal destruction or disaster. It has more and more mainly come to mean the earth after a huge Third World War where all the nuclear weapons were used (a post apocalyptic world).
    @LiELF The word apocalypse has different meanings as you can see on http://www.dictionary.com/browse/apocalypse But it usually means divine interference or in games more often universal destruction or disaster. It has more and more mainly come to mean the earth after a huge Third World War where all the nuclear weapons were used (a post apocalyptic world).

Believe me, as a longtime fan of apocalyptic and dystopian themes in fiction, I'm well aware. ;)

I was merely pointing out that artistically, it can be changed or expanded or focused to be whatever the creator wants.
    #Team Occult
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Well it’s looking more like an EP will be present at EA play, if SGGrant is going (and I believe he’s the lead producer on EP team)

What's his favorite theme!? :p

He said in the cats and dogs live stream, the next pack would be his favourite. Wasn't he one of the Gurus that talked about enjoying the Walking Dead and other apocalyptic type things?

Believe me, as a longtime fan of apocalyptic and dystopian themes in fiction, I'm well aware. ;)

I was merely pointing out that artistically, it can be changed or expanded or focused to be whatever the creator wants.
    Then I just think that he would have used a different word. There isn’t any reason to use words that people most likely will misunderstand;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member

Exactly. In fact there's a recently released movie that focuses on the aftermath of some type of apocalyptic event and no where in the movie is there any mention of exactly what happened.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Well it’s looking more like an EP will be present at EA play, if SGGrant is going (and I believe he’s the lead producer on EP team)

What's his favorite theme!? :p

He said in the cats and dogs live stream, the next pack would be his favourite. Wasn't he one of the Gurus that talked about enjoying the Walking Dead and other apocalyptic type things?

I'll have to go back and watch that stream. If it's still available.

Exactly. In fact there's a recently released movie that focuses on the aftermath of some type of apocalyptic event and no where in the movie is there any mention of exactly what happened.
    This still doesn’t seem appropriate for the Sims games though. Also it would quite strongly contradict TS4’s main theme about (almost) eternal happiness.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

True. He did also say along time ago he loved super hero’s.
  • nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    I don’t think that an apocalyptic world would suit the sims. That would be better for an rpg/shooter. If we were going to get that, I would prefer for it to come after everything everyone has been begging for (seasons, university, witches, etc) is released. I also don’t have any interest in a superhero expansion bc I can’t really visualize how that would work besides being an active career. ( I’m not partial to active careers, just my opinion)

I would really love to see Superheroes expanded on. I had a Sim in Sims 2 who got to the top of the police career until she became a superhero, and she was married to a guy who got to the top of the criminal career and became a supervillain, haha. I loved playing that household and watching them fly off to work, and I always wished I could do more with them. I would have a blast with that theme. Especially if we could make a variety of villains!
    #Team Occult
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I gotta say that although I would enjoy both an apocalypse theme and a superhero theme.. I don't think it's time for those yet. We still need more of the basics we've been expecting and are use too. Seasons, certain supernaturals, University ect. I have a feeling if a major pack came out that was these themes... there were be ramifications (can't help but giggle though at that). I know I could wait a little longer but I might head for the hills or watch the fireworks in a safe place.
    egTcBMc.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I would really love to see Superheroes expanded on. I had a Sim in Sims 2 who got to the top of the police career until she became a superhero, and she was married to a guy who got to the top of the criminal career and became a supervillain, haha. I loved playing that household and watching them fly off to work, and I always wished I could do more with them. I would have a blast with that theme. Especially if we could make a variety of villains!
    I would love that
    more for sim kids and more drama please