Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One last comment for closed "This Cannot Be Good" thread..

EA_MAGE wrote when closing the "This Cannot Be Good..." thread yesterday:
>Hello all,

>This type of speculation is not appropriate for the forums - please stick to discussing the game not people/staff.

>I am closing this thread.

>Thanks,
>-Mage

This is my reply: The forum members *were* discussing the game - the possible impact that layoffs, if any, would have on its future. No specific people/staff were mentioned. The Sims franchise has a *great many* fan(atic)s that are concerned about the future of the franchise. I'm pretty sure some, including myself, cannot play Sims Mobile because their android phone is not compatible with the game (mine is an LG Aristo & Google Play says it's not compatible). So if there *are* layoffs & the PC/Console versions of Sims is phased out those players, like myself, would be limited to what has already been released and not be able to enjoy new content anymore, which would likely be "game over" for some. There's also all the bugs in the game that players seem to put up with in the hope that they'll be fixed in the next patch/pack. Those two are legitimate things to be concerned about, and it's not surprising folks are talking about what's been reported.

So, I feel it is *fully appropriate* for members/players to speculate on the future of the Sims franchise, as it *is* still discussing the game. They're just not discussing gameplay/building/etc...

Thank you, and if I'm banned/whatever then so be it. And it's likely this thread will be closed, like at least three other threads about this have been.

And I apologize in advance to players if I've misstated anything. The above is just my interpretation of what I'd read in the closed thread as well as many other posts on various threads.

Comments

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited April 2018
    No surprise with their overtop policies. Heard rumours that mods in here (won't be long since this comment will get deleted and me possible bad) are banning members and deleting their comments even when they see a slight critique about the game, the ea's vision in the slightest tone.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The mobile game is a glorified tap game in real time using energy points with a sim skin. Not what I would consider a true sims game.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Out of curiosity I checked out the mobile game today. Imagine it like sims 4 but instead of your sims earning money you get to buy a virtual currency to buy stuff. And the best always require the currency which is pretty impossible to earn without paying money... And ads.

I didn't download it because I went through the screenshots and saw the awful currency system I so despise XD
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited April 2018
    I havent played the mobile games in a while. Do they still do that ridiculous thing where it takes literal hours for your sim to eat or bathe?
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    No surprise with their overtop policies. Heard rumours that mods in here (won't be long since this comment will get deleted and me possible bad) are banning members and deleting their comments even when they see a slight critique about the game, the ea's vision in the slightest tone.

I 100% believe that is nothing more than rumor.
    I think anyone who does a little research on topics (especially the feedback section) can clearly see this to be false.

This topic is discussing moderation which is against the rules, I just wanted to address this comment, so I'm chiming out now.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

the forum has an overwhelmingly negative atmosphere so I'm not entirely sure how a rumor like that could be taken seriously by anyone with eyes (and the ability to read)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    edited April 2018
    I talked with a particular person who got ban for what he only gave short comments sentence long that were like a disclaimer on where the sims franchise is heading with that whole shifted focus onto mobiles. In a negative outcome. Not that the perma-banned person before was conversing with anyone or such. Mods might be the ones shutting down dissent. Come on to MTS in TS4 subforum to find it for yourself. If this replies of mine get wiped and deleted off from here, me banned, you know what happen to me and/or them.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    These are good moderators. You should not throw them under the proverbial bus.
    edited April 2018
    Yes, indeed, They're just taking orders from EA. The Company should be under the bus. Purging any encourage critical thought!
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2018
    Oh boy. Can’t wait to see what becomes of this thread come Monday.

I’ll be back.

Also, Sims Mobile was installed on my device and deleted within 1 day.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    Thanks for the comments everyone ☺. To all those regarding the Sims Mobile: yes, I'd heard the game wasn't what it was advertised. There have been bad reviews on a couple facebook Sims 4 groups I belong to, too. To those who commented on the moderation: I agree the moderators usually do a good job. I just felt in this case them implying the posters in the closed thread weren't discussing the game was wrong so wanted to comment that the game *was* being discussed, just not in a usual way ☺.

And I apologize for breaking any forum rules.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Discussing moderation or gurus is against the rules.. the first thread broke rules and this one is also breaking them. It's pretty easy to see this.
    egTcBMc.png
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Starfree wrote: »
    I agree the moderators usually do a good job. I just felt in this case them implying the posters in the closed thread weren't discussing the game was wrong so wanted to comment that the game *was* being discussed, just not in a usual way ☺.

And I apologize for breaking any forum rules.

I've reached out to the OP but I will outline this for all, it is not appropriate to create threads like this. If anyone ever has a query like this it's more than ok to reach out to the moderation team, we'll aim to respond asap.

As for concerns regarding that original thread (should others have them), that thread while yes it was discussing the game it was also discussing people and therein lies the reason for it's closure. Talking about the game, content, patch updates, decisions made, giving critiques, airing your feelings, etc is more than fine but when you start applying that to/about people (other members, staff, individuals, etc) the conversation is no longer appropriate. We do understand that more often than not members are well intentioned by doing so but it is disrespectful and unfair to single out a person/person's and publicly discuss them or their circumstances. This is just something to be mindful of when creating discussions.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top