Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lost my game CD

I lost my CD to Island Paradise. Looked everywhere and still can't find it. Bypassed the launcher to try playing and it loaded... only to tell me there was no disc once I was on the game menu screen and to either retry or quit. I don't want to hear anything about Origin, I really can't stand using that program. Not doing it.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm no fan of Origin myself, to be honest. But your choices other than switching to an Origin install would be acquiring a new IP disc, or one of a later released EP/SP (the only two would be Movie Stuff and ITF) and install that so it becomes the required disc; or repurchase the game and all of your packs on Steam, then replace your game install with an all-Steam one (they can't be mixed and matched).

This is assuming you are on Windows, the Mac version of the game is handled a bit differently.

I guess another choice would be to uninstall IP and use the disc of what then becomes your most recently released pack if you still have it. But that may not be a very attractive option, especially if you have ongoing games that have seen the IP expansion that you want to keep playing forward.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net