Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Island Gate

I have sent one sim on a vacation to Selvadorada twice now, and had them explore the jungle on both trips. And the gate that leads to the island on the south end of the map of Selvadorada was sealed shut on both trips. Is there something that my sims are suppose to do in order to open that gate?

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    There are 4 gates that lead to the secret area (the island gate is one of them). When you start a new vacation, two of these are open and two of these are closed. These are randomly chosen after every beginning of the vacation.
    Try switching the household and see if the same gates are closed every time. If the same gates are closed every time, try repairing the game from Origin by right-clicking on it.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I did a game repair last night and that gate was still closed. On the first trip to Selvadorada, only the gates to the airplane, the lagoon, royal bath, and temple were open.
    On the second trip to Selvadorada, only the gates to the royal bath, Omiscan Garden, the lagoon, and the temple was open.
    I have sent two sims there for vacation from two different families, and the island gate closed on their first trip down there.
    I have started a new game with a new family because I had ran into some glitches while playing yesterday. So now I'm trying to see if these glitches return with this family. But I do plan to send the current family down there to see if they can reach the island.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Give it a few trips. It's really nothing special when able to access it. Rinse and repeat.
    Update: The sim that I'm playing now has just gained access to the island. And this is their first trip to Selvadorada. And they also have a very low archaeology skill level. In fact they are so low in that skill that they are no where near reaching level 2 in that skill. In fact they haven't even started learning that skill yet. :)
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    It will open up eventually, there's a treasure chest and a fishing spot where you can catch two fish that are not available elsewhere as well adventuring supplies and Omiscan Treasures.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Haven't seen it yet. Really like that there are little places like that hidden away :)
    Haven't seen it yet. Really like that there are little places like that hidden away :)
    I don't remember if they had said that there were 3 or 4 hidden location in JA. But I do know of at least 3 and they are: The airplane, Omiscan Gardens, and the island. I don't know if you can count the Lagoon as a hidden location or not. But I do remember that the gate to the Lagoon was closed in one of my saved games. So I guess that you can consider that one a hidden location too. :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    I wish the island had a waterfall.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Still can't get there we should be able to open it up with a cheat in case we are never able to do it on our own. You could do that in Sims 3 and then go back again and again to the same place. This is frustrating I have other things to do with my Sims in the game takes the fun out of it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    Still can't get there we should be able to open it up with a cheat in case we are never able to do it on our own. You could do that in Sims 3 and then go back again and again to the same place. This is frustrating I have other things to do with my Sims in the game takes the fun out of it.

I have suggested to SimGuruNinja and others on Twitter that they update those boats so we have an optional way to get to the island. Those boats don't do anything but there the same boats that Brendleton Bay has. Those actually transport.
    candy8 wrote: »

I have suggested to SimGuruNinja and others on Twitter that they update those boats so we have an optional way to get to the island. Those boats don't do anything but there the same boats that Brendleton Bay has. Those actually transport.
    I know that this is a few days late. I was coming back from Oklahoma the day that this was posted. So I'm now just getting around to reading this.
    Anyways CLP, I don't think that they should add boats has a way to get to the island in JA because that would defeat the purpose of having that gateway blocked in the game. It would be fine if the boats took our sims to another location in JA.