Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If The Sims is only going to be a mobile game in the future then I am gone

I have heard the rumours and so far I am feeling anxious. I have been waiting for a while to hear that maybe, over the next two years there might be a new game that would be interesting enough for me to want to buy it. I know that nothing was ever guaranteed but my hopes are on a PC game for The Sims as I am not interested in any other platforms.

The recent rumour about the next game being mobile only is very worrying. I do not play mobile games and have no intention of doing so either. I don't use apps and when it comes to The Sims then I want the real thing. I want a large screen which I have already. I want full control and not some flimsy design that is only going to get boring after five minutes.

So I will say this now, if the next game, whatever it is will only be a mobile game then that would be a huge disappointment for me and many other players. The game has so much potential to be done on new technology and much of that was lot on TS4 but I feel that the series needs a fresh start and a second chance. I think that with the right mind set and the level of commitment seen in the past then a future Sims game 'The Sims 5' could be excellent and could appeal to everyone. This is a series with nearly 20 years behind it and so many new things that could be tried out. Why throw all that away for some silly phone app?

I am deeply concerned about this news and I hope that over the next year we actually get an announcement of what could be 'the best Sims game ever made' but at the moment it feels like we are getting hints towards just another disappointment :(

What are everyone else's views on this?

Also please keep this thread on topic and do not talk about EA staff, I have seen other threads closed for those reasons. Those who do not respect the thread will be reported and blocked
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Me too.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I had the time to shift platforms and see the PC version was the best fit for me. I fear that things are changing and people who ae using the mobile version will not get a chance to transition to TS4. It might be coming to an end, but it doesn't feel like a complete game to entice new gamers.

I got into the Sims franchise by playing one of the mobile games. But it was a cash pit that had time constraints. I refused to put money towards it and got into Sims PC games. The two platforms are completely different and people who play one aren't always going to shift platforms. I got hooked on Sims 2 and bought every expansion. I then got Sims 3 and two packs. And everything in Sims 4.

I'm hoping that the event in June will prove there is hope for the future in Sims PC. I would be disappointed in everything shifting to mobile. I won't be downloading the new mobile game. I have never looked back, after finding the freedom to play how I want without waiting a day to complete the task.

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I have The Sims Mobile but don't play it much. I'm not into the idea of mobile games having micro-transactions. That's why I've always loved the Sims series---I pay once and do whatever I want.

Very upset to hear gurus and staff have been laid off. I have a lot of feelings on this, but I'm too upset to share them right now.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I refuse on general principles to play mobile games. EA will not receive a nickel from me on blatant cash grabs.
    I don't want to play any games that are tied to the internet that I can't play when I want, where I want and how I want.
    So, no more sims games for me after my disks break.
    I will not play on Origin. If my internet is down I can't play my favorite game, that is ludicrous.
    Lots of other things I do enjoy doing, and will go back to those.
    But, for now, my disks work, and Sims 3 just loaded so happy simming y'all.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Me too. I didn't like playing it on a phone so I deleted it. I hated having to wait for energy when it depleted and I'm not going to spend extra money on items or energy.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    There is this tiny grain of hope that it wont go mobile they will just have a smaller team which could be bad or good depending on how stays/comes in.

If we are seeing the signs of the end and it does go totally mobile im out. i can not stand mobile sims games or just about any other game on mobile. The only thing i have played with any regularity is solitaire or Sudoku while waiting for things. I always knew the sims would end someday but its sad to see it like this. I feel like sims 5 is not planned at all and the sims 4 will be run on a skeleton crew till the content line up is completed.
  • JujuBeeBunJujuBeeBun Posts: 8 New Member
    Yup. I downloaded the game a couple months ago and honestly, I got bored in under 5 minutes. I had a lot more fun playing the older mobile sims game. I don't play Sims on mobile anymore, just because I feel the PC version is a lot better. I feel like they should have put the effort that they put into the mobile game into a new patch or possibly new pack.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Thanks for the comments so far :smile:

The support for PC is clearly strong so I hope that this has not been forgotten. The Sims always was a PC game and always should be. I will not accept watered down side games
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Pretty clear signs of the end of the Sims here. I shouldn’t be surprised, but I am. And there’s no question. I won’t play mobile sims. I downloaded it briefly but I hated it. There’s no way I will ever switch platforms. I love gaming on my PC. These are sad times
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited April 2018
    It seems EA wants "easy money" and they know they can trick people into paying more via a mobile game. My view on this is that they are going to kill yet another franchise. Sims mobile is not a true sims game. All it is is a boring real time tap and click game with content behind pay walls.

I saw some furniture that was from one of the PC's $10 stuff packs that astoundingly cost $100 real dollars to get it for the mobile game. If people want to play a sims game in a mobile form, that is what a laptop is designed for. That is how I was able to play the PC game on the go.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    Eh I was never into mobile games but, when I first saw Sims free play on mobile I thought okay cool. Tried it out but couldn't get into it because it's not the Sims I grew up with. Then the newer Sims mobile came out and I already know I would not like it just by the game play I've seen.
    It's literally just like every other mobile game out there. By that I mean, having to buy to progress, real time waiting for hours. Maybe it's just me but that's the main reason I never play mobile games. I was hoping for Sims mobile to be more of it's own thing? Ya know?
    [
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    come on:
    The sims mobile is the evolution of the sims freeplay and in no way will it canabalize the sims 4. What happened was that some officials were expensive to work and they are seeing that a new and smaller team in the sims mobile is doing a good job. The younger you are on the market, the cheaper your salary is. I do not believe the sims 4 is going to die. We have unpublished content that was already in progress. I think we'll still have news this month or the first week of May.

About the sims mobile, do not hate the game so much. The team has done a great job and he's being taken care of in a very cool way by the team. Despite the micro-transactions, you can play totally without spending a real one. In the first levels it gives you a simple experience, but as you move past lvl 16, you get new ways to recharge energy and new ways to play. The stories give depth to the game. Not like on the sims PC but still it is a good game.

And dont worry about all the rumors. There are many simgurus still in the sims 4 project.
    Just wait for the news.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Same. Don't care much about mobile games except as a way to pass dead time. And I definitely don't care for microtransactions and energy-based actions
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    If they made The Sims 2 for consoles style games on Mobile and whatnot I would buy it. That was fun controlling my own Sims for the first time ever and there were original stories in each platform. Remember the DS version? You ran a hotel in Strange Town and fought aliens with a water gun, became a super hero, decorated each room, talked to unique Sims, etc. It was so much fun and in real time so you came back every now and then to see what's change, to vacuum the floors, and check guests in. I also enjoyed the PSP version of Sims 2, all that investigating and exploring was fun. If they did stuff like that instead of Free To Play/Mobile and making the PC version directly ported to consoles or attempt it like Sims 3 and Sims 4 for PS3/360/XB1/PS4 I'd be happy. I miss those older style Sims games. Urbz Sims in the City for GBA? :)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    come on:
    The sims mobile is the evolution of the sims freeplay and in no way will it canabalize the sims 4. What happened was that some officials were expensive to work and they are seeing that a new and smaller team in the sims mobile is doing a good job. The younger you are on the market, the cheaper your salary is. I do not believe the sims 4 is going to die. We have unpublished content that was already in progress. I think we'll still have news this month or the first week of May.

About the sims mobile, do not hate the game so much. The team has done a great job and he's being taken care of in a very cool way by the team. Despite the micro-transactions, you can play totally without spending a real one. In the first levels it gives you a simple experience, but as you move past lvl 16, you get new ways to recharge energy and new ways to play. The stories give depth to the game. Not like on the sims PC but still it is a good game.

And dont worry about all the rumors. There are many simgurus still in the sims 4 project.
    Just wait for the news.

I do agree with your post but that bolded part especially... it is just the way it is and has been for some time now. Restructuring is a way companies deal with this. I'm not saying it's right by the way. It just is.
    As for the topic of the thread. I don't do mobile games at all. Never will. It's not about hating on them for what they are. I just don't like them or playing on a little screen and craning my neck to do it...but they are obviously here and popular whether I play them or not.
    I'll be out also if the Sims 4 is the last one. I don't think it will be though, it's just being done differently.
    egTcBMc.png