Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This cannot be good.....

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am heart sick right now. I have a really bad feeling about all of this. :(
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I am heart sick right now. I have a really bad feeling about all of this. :(

Same. O_O
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    (why do I get the feeling that this will be closed/locked soon?)...geez, that's horrible...not good at all.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    We're seeing more and more of this these days and none of it is good for traditional PC gamers. With that said, should the Sims PC franchise ever be shelved by EA (unlikely imo), I'd be optimistic that another developer would pick up the torch, as we saw with Cities Skylines. In that particular case they actually improved on the formula.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    (why do I get the feeling that this will be closed/locked soon?)...geez, that's horrible...not good at all.

Because they will silence any negative talk about the company.
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited April 2018
    EA/The Gurus need to officially address this. A lot of us have been playing sims and supporting the franchise for over a decade. We deserve to know.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »
    We're seeing more and more of this these days and none of it is good for traditional PC gamers. With that said, should the Sims PC franchise ever be shelved by EA (unlikely imo), I'd be optimistic that another developer would pick up the torch, as we saw with Cities Skylines. In that particular case they actually improved on the formula.

I hope so. I was feeling with the exception of MFPS this game was really starting to hit its stride. I love JA and the rest of the GPs, Parenthood was phenomenal in my opinion as was Get Together as both brought systems in that had the ability to deepen the game for players long term. But it appears right now that dark clouds are gathering, and the silence is deafening. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    The one thing that gives me hope is that Sims is supposedly one of EA's biggest money makers. I don't know if Sims 4 is doing as well as the previous versions, but it gives me hope. It seems a bit counterproductive to kill a 18-year-old franchise that likely has made the company millions, if not billions. I don't know that staffing changes and budget cuts mean it's the end.
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    It's a concern. Honestly, I've been playing sims so long I wouldn't know what to do with myself if the franchise ended. If there wasn't a new expansion pack, or game to look forward to.

So I hope it just means that they're restructuring and that it'll all be okay.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'll wait to hear it from a more official source .. Sims VIP is not a good source for me. More like a tattler or National Enquirer kind of take on things. People get fired and move on. They get restructured.. I've been through two of those myself. Got to make it sensational though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    kemisz wrote: »
    It's a concern. Honestly, I've been playing sims so long I wouldn't know what to do with myself if the franchise ended. If there wasn't a new expansion pack, or game to look forward to.

Please, EA, don't make us play Sims 4 as-is for the rest of our lives!
  • Options
    Nikoa wrote: »
    The one thing that gives me hope is that Sims is supposedly one of EA's biggest money makers. I don't know if Sims 4 is doing as well as the previous versions, but it gives me hope. It seems a bit counterproductive to kill a 18-year-old franchise that likely has made the company millions, if not billions. I don't know that staffing changes and budget cuts mean it's the end.

It's possible that TS4 is doing better than its predecessors, but that's not to say the mobile marketplace isn't even more profitable.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'll wait to hear it from a more official source .. Sims VIP is not a good source for me. More like a tattler or National Enquirer kind of take on things. People get fired and move on. They get restructured.. I've been through two of those myself. Got to make it sensational though.

Ditto.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

There was another source mentioning something similar, so it is not just one saying this about the sims team. EA laying off lots of people right now, not just those working on this franchise.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

It's not just simsvip Sims Community reported also... http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/19/several-maxis-veterans-working-on-the-sims-4-got-laid-off-by-ea-for-budget-reasons/ <---
  • Options
    Mobile games are so limited though. SM holds your hand the entire time and directs every single aspect of how you play. I've tried to play it several times and the best word I can come up with to describe how I feel when I play it is claustrophobic.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Heard from another source many departments at EA are getting cut. You know, they got to find the money they were expecting (and lost) to get from the Star Wars loot boxes one way or another.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

It's not just simsvip Sims Community reported also... http://simscommunity.info/2018/04/19/several-maxis-veterans-working-on-the-sims-4-got-laid-off-by-ea-for-budget-reasons/ <---

I do trust that one more.. still though if it's lay off or restructuring it does happen. I'm sure we'll hear more .. with sources or without.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Free to play games are SUCH a scam. I've always been an optimist but this is where I draw the line. I'm officially worried for the future of the franchise.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I hope it's not real. If it is, this better be addressed by EA. This is serious.
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »
    Nikoa wrote: »

It's possible that TS4 is doing better than its predecessors, but that's not to say the mobile marketplace isn't even more profitable.

That's true. I at least hope if TS4 is the end, they fully flesh out the game with all the major EPs instead of ending the game abruptly.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    Oh hopefully it wont end up like Mass Effect Andromeda with a very unknown future :(
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Welp. It was fun while it lasted
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    Free to play games are SUCH a scam.

Agreed. But people are dumb (especially kids) and like to throw their money away. You can just imagine the suits at EA, in their high-backed chairs, stroking their goatees and salivating at the thought of the loyal Sims community buying IAP hairstyles at $3.99 a pop.
    Post edited by So_Money on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top