Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims 4 Endgame?

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
Do you truly think that The Sims 4 is the end of the road for the PC franchise?

THIS ISN'T WHAT YOU WISH, BUT RATHER PREDICT

[Edited by EA_Mage to make topic forum appropriate.]
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
Post edited by EA_Mage on

Is The Sims 4 Endgame? 425 votes

Yes
50%
IngeJonesKolbyicmnfrshJeanLeGardePourprepeoineealexspoom13IceyJaprilroseCabelle1863Lomelindi7draculusa2003Jessa_DakkarAyradysslisamwittoveronMrsTomato1018imhappyjedipwncesWritin_Reg 215 votes
No
49%
auroraael14CK213Stdlr9Azarinop2GRIMMYwindweaverErpeIcewolfalan650111xbecky685xSims2fanx0xWedTutanoMsMaySasquatch7TheLibrarySimdanacnbrettSimsILikeSimsVibseAlrynn 210 votes

Comments

• Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited April 2018
    No
    I say no. I feel like Sims is a huge money maker for EA. Whether the quality of Sims games being released will get better or worse is up for debate, but I think the series is here to stay for now. If there is a Sims 5 I hope it's on par with Sims 2 or 3, because while Sims 4 has grown on me, it still isn't as enjoyable as the previous installments.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    Nikoa wrote: »
    I say no. Sims is such a big part of my life and how I spend a lot of my free time. If there is a Sims 5 I hope it redeems the Sims series, because while Sims 4 has grown on me, it still isn't as enjoyable as the previous installments.

Again, while we all would wish for a great sequel, this poll is about what you actually think will happen, whether it is a favoured outcome or not.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    No
    I don't think "endgame" was the term you were looking for.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Yes
    Maggiedoll wrote: »

What term do you think they should've used, then?
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    No
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Nikoa wrote: »
    I say no. Sims is such a big part of my life and how I spend a lot of my free time. If there is a Sims 5 I hope it redeems the Sims series, because while Sims 4 has grown on me, it still isn't as enjoyable as the previous installments.

Again, while we all would wish for a great sequel, this poll is about what you actually think will happen, whether it is a favoured outcome or not.

I changed my reply to better state my thoughts. I don't think this is the end.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
    Yes

What term do you think they should've used, then?

Exactly what I just wanted to ask :P

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes
    Should be a maybe/don't know option ...
    edited April 2018
    Yes

If there was such an option, we would all vote for it since you can never be 100% sure. This poll is more of a 'the option I am most leaning towards to' kind of thing.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yes
    Sadly, I think this may be the case now. I hate Sims Mobile i can't even bring myself to play it in the waiting room at the doctor's office. I just find it mind numbingly boring and sort of condescending like it insists on directing every single aspect of how you play and you're basically limited in the way you play. No thanks. I love S4 I know many have issues with it, and I don't think there isn't room for improvement, but I believe that improvement is possible and I don't want this game to end yet. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Yes
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

If there was such an option, we would all vote for it since you can never be 100% sure. This poll is more of a 'the most thing I am leaning towards to' kind of thing.

Good point... than If that's the case, I vote yes, esp. with the lack of news etc and what was just posted via fansites...I really think it's done.

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    This is EA we are talking about. Their history of killing off franchise makes me view the motives of the company negatively. The sims mobile is not even a true sims game, just a real time tap and click game with a giant pay wall. Not something to be proud of making.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't know. I don't know what direction this company is headed, and frankly they'd better let us know.
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    Yes
    I will be happy when my vote is proven wrong. TS4 still has so much potential. Still hoping for the anticipated arrival date of the expansion pack Seasons.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes

Agreed. Better word choice would be “end of the road” but I understand what they were getting at.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    If The Sims Mobile is so successful, why the need to promote it in TS4 with that family portrait frame ?

EA is always trying to push online/multiplayer/microtransactions everywhere but forgets to make actual games in the process.
    The online version of early dev days TS4 was scrapped, TS Freeplay scratched the mobile game itch better, I fear they might keep trying until they find a model working for their expectations.

Theirs being nothing like ours, unfortunately.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No
    Not if they own it and the rights. I hope they don't call it the Sims 5 though when it's made.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited April 2018
    Yes
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I hope they don't call it the Sims 5 though when it's made.

Coming in 2019: The Sim5. o-o
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No

Naw that won't happen anywhere near that soon. I'm just saying it's not the end of future sims stuff.
    egTcBMc.png
    Yes

Naw that won't happen anywhere near that soon. I'm just saying it's not the end of future sims stuff.

It was a joke---the "The Sim5" thing. XD I don't really expect that it'll come that soon.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    No
    I'm hoping the next one is a full on official reboot, personally. Just 'Sims' or 'The Sims' or 'Sims 2020' or whatever. Just so long as it's clearly marketed as a full on reboot. Cut the ties and keep the basics. A refresh would do this franchise good.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No
    I highly doubt it... The Sims is literally one of EA's biggest selling game franchises (since it appeals to nearly every demographic of gamers, especially the casual ones, which is A LOT bigger than many may think). I'm sure there will be a Sims 5... however, whether or not it'll be an improvement from Sims 4 is another story.

I remember when Sims 4 was nothing but a rumor... many people thought Sims 3 would be the end, but here we are now... I don't think EA will suddenly give up on The Sims. Especially not when Sims 4 is doing much better than it did at launch.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2018
    No
    Yes no maybe? I think it may be an indicator of a beginning of an end on the PC platform but I don't think we're there yet. There's been a lot of new staff on forum support, but forums don't get much traffic from mobile players. Still, it suggests some kind of transition happening. Maybe it means they've ruled out a Sims 5?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    Yes
    For multiple reasons I say yes, I would say this will be last Sims game. However, I believe that when it ends someone will make a game of a similar concept. I wouldn't be surprised if it was better. Also if there is a Sims 5 it will have a lootbox system, probably.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top