Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims Franchise Coming To An End?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    edited April 2018
    LiesSim wrote: »
    The entire series ending will be such a heartbreaking moment. I'm not sure they'll end it with TS4 though, something optimistic and hopefull (maybe naive) in me is still hoping for TS5. Why would they stop milking one of their favorite cows when it still has quite some milk to give (as long as they step up their game of course).

I do agree that things aren't looking great lately, something is going on behind the scenes. I'll never use the mobile version, it's not the same game and it doesn't even approach the greatness of the PC series. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for TS5.

I say let them milk it. More content is a good thing.

Quality over Quantity. Something that The Sims has been lacking severely in these days. I like milk, but one whiff of sour milk, and I will not be opening the next carton.
  • Options
    Janai_farnJanai_farn Posts: 3 New Member
    I hope it doesn’t end, I been hoping for more stuff to come out. But if it does end I’d like to hope they bring out seasons as like the last thing. I also have sims mobile and sims PS4 but I feel more invested in the PC version more. But who knows what will happen :smile:
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    I have a bad feeling that this will be the last installment of the game, even though I don't really want it to be. Maybe there will still be some good content coming, but I can't help but remember how much more content both TS2 and TS3 had at this point. In my opinion, the quality of the content has been going downhill pretty much since TS4 was released and that's a shame.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Kendrana wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling that this will be the last installment of the game, even though I don't really want it to be. Maybe there will still be some good content coming, but I can't help but remember how much more content both TS2 and TS3 had at this point. In my opinion, the quality of the content has been going downhill pretty much since TS4 was released and that's a shame.

True , at the point I am wondering if EA is searching to destroy the PC game since 2014 in fact , if you dig a little bit the game, ts4 game has a back taste of the end sometimes.
    Just because creators of the sims always surfaced the gameplay, they never went deeper in previous game, but this time with ts4 some contents are totally rushing.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

EA would never leave Sims 4 half-baked. EA would never tell us it's Over unless we got the last EP and we don't have seasons.
    Now, on the other hand, If they give us a couple stuff pack and a couple of GP's and a Seasons EP all before June, then we should get out the box of tissues, it will be a lot of :'( crying in here. But Nope that won't happen. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2018
    I thought they recently increased their budget, because it's doing well. Resulting in awesome packs like Jungle Adventure.

C&D was supposed to be their best selling EP so far (according to EA) so why the TS4 budget cuts? It makes one think they are ending the game shortly or at least this year at some point. ETA: And funny this all happens right after the release of TSM in the USA.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't think they're ending the game. I think it's more like they've completed all the tools they need to keep making as many new packs as they want, which shows just how video game companies treat their employees. They don't actually need new tools so they're dumping the people who made them. Any new content will be adapted from existing code, in the way that a Vet's Clinic is based off the Dine Out GP. I think Maxis said something about Cats&Dogs being the end of a chapter, but not the end of The Sims itself.

I always keep in mind that Sims games are cash cows and Sims 4 can be added to indefinitely - in fact it was designed that way which is why I'd be very surprised if they just ended it. And while Sim City has contenders, The Sims itself does not have competition for life simulators. It would simply be too much bad press.

Still, it wouldn't be unlike EA to XYZ all their loyal customers if they thought it could make them money or save them money.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.