Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Family Portrait!

EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

The family portrait sneaked its way into the game menu! Did you get yours already? I sure did :smiley:

dqklkkccazob.png

What does your family portrait look like?

Comments

• aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    Is Germany excluded from this? It is not on the list to choose your Country.
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    We don’t need TSM to have this?
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited April 2018
    Oh cool, I didn't realise this got added back into the menu. I put my phone number in and it was added to my game, I didn't actually have to download the mobile game (which is lucky because I don't have enough free space on my phone). Hopefully it wont be randomly removed from my game if it realises I didn't actually download.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Oh cool, I didn't realise this got added back into the menu. I put my phone number in and it was added to my game, I didn't actually have to download the mobile game (which is lucky because I don't have enough free space on my phone). Hopefully it wont be randomly removed from my game if it realises I didn't actually download.

Same with me. Shhh! I won't tell if you don't. ;)
  • KvelvetKvelvet Posts: 262 Member
    I think I need a bit of clarification....
    Origin ID: ScarletteII
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Same here. I don't have a device for Sims Mobile so fudge it.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    im so confused, how do you get this. i linked my account but i don't know how to get this
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,845 Member
    edited April 2018
    on the home page under all the icons where the free packs are labeled one of the icons is clickable, just put your number in and it'll be added after a little bit. It's in paintings.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    04_19_18_6_50_27pm_by_starsharmony-dc9adph.png

here's my vampire family the locklears
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,845 Member
    What a cute bunch^^ I think it's a good size for scaling down keeps my photo clear, if the picture stays locked I might be keeping my photo walls trimmed down.
    41528009992_88049e214b_b.jpg
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited April 2018
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    04_19_18_6_50_27pm_by_starsharmony-dc9adph.png

here's my vampire family the locklears

Wow they can actually hold hands?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I wish we could get this without downloading Sims Mobile. I don't have enough space on my phone to download it.
    @catloverplayer i don't think they're holding hands i think their hands are clipping together
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2018
    I wish we could get this without downloading Sims Mobile. I don't have enough space on my phone to download it.

Make space by uninstalling apps you don't use, or old photos/videos. Also, clearing the apps cache can free up a considerable amount of space.

You don't even have to download the game. Just enter your phone number into the menu and it will unlock.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If we have to delete the game to make room (say, for a pile of upcoming holiday photos and videos!), would we lose access to the in-game frame?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    If we have to delete the game to make room (say, for a pile of upcoming holiday photos and videos!), would we lose access to the in-game frame?

I doubt it, because the frame instantly unlocks after you enter your phone number.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

I doubt it, because the frame instantly unlocks after you enter your phone number.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    edited April 2018
    Uhh, disregard this. Just saw that it does send you a text. :D
    Post edited by LyricSimsz15 on
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    04_19_18_10_25_15_PM.png

My sim Ryllo, his new bride Zoe, their son Dayton and their little fur baby Oliver <3

(Is it too much to ask for a smaller version to be patched in at some point, though? I love the portrait but it's ginormous. I know I could use the scale down cheat but I tend to avoid those cheats and really just cheats in general. Guess it's an option if I must resize it, though.)
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    edited April 2018
    I've read all the posts on how to get this but everyone had something different to say so it was quite confusing. Some say to just add your phone number and you have it. Others say you then have to agree to the TOS and download The Sims Mobile on your phone (and just delete it if you don't want it). But the site that gave specific instructions said you actually have to open the app you downloaded to make it work. I actually did want to look at the game so I didn't mind if I had to download and open it.

So I started the Sims 4 on my computer and saw the icon that said Free! Okay, that was good so I clicked it and added my phone number to the notice that came up. The notice closed and nothing else happened so I closed the game. Then I got a message on my phone from EA. It said I had 14 days to tap the link to download the game (app), so I did. I got the TOS which was pages and pages long, but no place to say you agree. I went back to the message and tapped it again and got a note from Apple saying I would have to go the app store. I tried it again and got a note that said to sign in but it was a blank page. The link would not work (Apple said it was an invalid internet address), so I gave up.

I opened the Sims 4 again on my computer and it told me I had a new addition, a Family Portrait Frame! I guess the ones that told me to just add my phone number were right. I did get it; it's now hanging in my Sims activity room with their portrait in it, which is cuter than the save portraits have been. I'm glad I finally got it!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I don't want to add my phone number. What is this now? Just give me the frame.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I did not download TSM - I just gave them my phone number.

I figured between facebook and Google all my secrets are stored on some database anyway.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    My SIM card currently isn't in my phone. What'll happen if I enter my mobile number? :D
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Sul sul Simmers!

The family portrait sneaked its way into the game menu! Did you get yours already? I sure did :smiley:

dqklkkccazob.png

What does your family portrait look like?

It is the dumbest and most worthless looking thing ever I looked at it in game and promptly deleted it. Oh, and I deleted the mobile game too since I hate the real time aspect and pay walls.