Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zombies ! GRRRRR

HOW DO YOU KEEP THE ZOMBIES FROM EATING YOUR PLANTS????????????????????? :(

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I use a mod to disable zombies from spawning. If I didn't use that mod I'd plant indoors, which I normally do anyways so my sims can garden throughout the Fall, Winter, and early Spring.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    so I could build a wall around the garden and lock the door? Would they not come up though the ground INSIDE the walls???
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    There's a few options.

1. disable lunar cycles (I did this for a while)
    2. place the garden in the basement or on the roof so the only access is from inside the house
    3. build a greenhouse
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
    thank you Faerie! :)
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited April 2018
    so I could build a wall around the garden and lock the door? Would they not come up though the ground INSIDE the walls???

Dunno for sure, I don't play with zombies. But from what I've read they don't (usually?) spawn in fenced areas - don't know whether those need to be locked or not.

I wouldn't expect them to spawn indoors. If that's a problem put down floors and use the soil rugs from ITF if you have that EP, or use the planters from Supernatural and the Store. Or use moveobjects and put the plants right on floor tiles.
    I hate zombies; I love the Faeries though. thank you for your input.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited April 2018
    Oh dear the little blighters have struck again :( I don't use mods so I use a fence or assemble a greenhouse. Just be careful with the fence that you don't get zombies spawning inside the fence. There is also the special plant you can buy from TS3 store. I notice it was on sale recently and I'm sure it appears on the daily deal. Good luck getting rid of the zombies :D o

I nearly forgot, the fenced off area needs to be locked to everyone but your household.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    thanks Betty ! :)
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member

I have greenhouses as well as having my gardens fenced in to keep the zombies from spawning inside of them. Now I've heard of some players saying that even though they had their gardens fenced in, the zombies still spawn inside of them. I think what happens is that if there's plenty of space between the plants and the fence, that the zombies will spawn inside which is why I make sure that there's no space for them to do that and I also lock the gates even though the fenced in gardens is inside of my fenced in yard... :)

Now if I have enough of a front yard, I will put things outside for the zombies to entertain themselves with. And if I have a front porch, I have a rocking chair or 2 sitting out on it and the zombies will use them until it's time for them to leave. Even if you put out a boombox(radio), the zombies will dance to it...lol

I once placed the mechanical squid from ATS3 in the front yard of one of the houses that I had my SS leaving in and a zombie spawned that night and had used it. The zombie had a good old time riding the squid...lol
    bXUZhwml.jpg

I then once had a house with a swimming pool in the backyard as well as a greenhouse. Well it's a good thing that the greenhouse was locked for everyone but the household as I had forgotten to lock the gate, so the zombie was able to get to the backyard and went for a swim in the pool...lol
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    If you have the EP, zombies can't spawn on a houseboat that's out to sea. Granted, you'll need planters or soil rugs to have your garden. But it's still doable.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    People say fences... but I have had zombies spawn inside my locked, gated fence. The only way I have succeeded in keeping zombies out of my plants without disabling moon phases is to have the plants in planters, indoors or on second-story porches without ground-level access. Zombies climbed the firehouse pole outside my kids' bedroom to get to planters on the porch. You really have to make them inaccessible.
    the only thing that has worked for me was the cheat code that enables you to click on the mailbox and select the option to turn them off. ( I can't remember what it is called.)
    I wonder if I made a house without a yard?? Build the walls as far as you can to the edge of the lot, so they don't have enough room to spawn? LOL maybe???
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    edited April 2018
    You could always change the lunar cycle by setting it on a moon that isn't full moon or install a mod, though I wouldn't know which mod to install to stop zombies from spawning. Although I've yet to make a sim grow a garden to protect I'd install a fence that's as close as possible around the garden. That way zombies won't accidentally spawn inside the fence.
    I forgot you could change the lunar cycle! thanks :smiley: