Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires or aliens?

I love occult sims. A lot. Way, way too much. Started with aliens, then I got vampires. So I was just wondering, which of the two occult sims in the Sims 4 do you guys prefer?
Vampires can obviously do more, but the constant thirst really gets old, especially if you have seven vampires in your family (yes, I regret my choices). But aliens are pretty cool too, especially now that I'm not getting the endless relationship hits from undisguised aliens.
So, which do you prefer playing with? And why?
So many sorcerers ~

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I just like occult sims so they are pretty tied for what each can do, even if we get werewolves, fairies, mermaids, genies, and witches in the sims 4 they will still be tied and I will still probably have too many of them we'll see. I just like to have different sims that's all...actaually I wouldn't mind an optional imaginary friend that you can order with a different design. Bring 'em all on :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    I just like occult sims so they are pretty tied for what each can do, even if we get werewolves, fairies, mermaids, genies, and witches in the sims 4 they will still be tied and I will still probably have too many of them we'll see. I just like to have different sims that's all...actaually I wouldn't mind an optional imaginary friend that you can order with a different design. Bring 'em all on :D

That sounds amazing. I haven't played Sims 3, and the sheer amount of occult sims is one of the main reasons why I'd absoloutely love to.
    So many sorcerers ~
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I generally prefer vampires but I do think the aliens are pretty awesome this time around. But if I had to choose one, it would definitely be vampires.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Love my vampires, aliens not so much. I use MCCC, so I have the option of actually not having aliens in my game.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I like and play with both although I only have one alien and only the premade vamps (for now). Now all is missing are werewolves and witches :wink:
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @GasolineCrea while I'm completely done with ts3 I do keep in mind what I liked but I prefer ts4 vampires so I'd just really like to see how all the occults would be in this game so if it happens I'm already sold if it doesn't meh I can dream ha. You might like ts3 though check out some let's plays on supernatural :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I've always preferred aliens from space over the occult. I'm even miffed they turned the ghosts into Capers as in, the friendly ghost. Mostly, I like playing Spock of Vulcan, for which I still had to find cc for his ears. This iteration won't allow the pointy ears from the aliens on 'human' sims. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    The vampires have more detail but I still love my aliens. I just want more special sims. Do a Stuff Pack to give the plantsims some love, hair and clothes. Bring on the witches and werewolves. Ha ha, I just want more of them and when I have a new set in my game I cannot imagine playing without them again.
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I prefer Vampires. I love them. Their powers, dark form, Forgotten Hollow and everything about the Vampires in TS4.

I haven't played that much with Aliens in TS4. I'm actually planning to remake
    Pollination Tech#9 Smith and his very big and weird family from The Sims 2.

I do have one question about Aliens tho:
    If I give Alien a human form will they use that disguise or their Alien form when I'm not playing with the family and my Sims meet them out at the town(at the gym, restaurant, spa etc)?(I play rotationally with many families)
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Vamps!
    I haven't even played with Aliens until now.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Vampires. I'm waiting for fairies to return though. Loved playing with fairies in TS3.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Aliens. I'm just not into vampires. I'm waiting patiently until we get witches & fairies.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Vampires get my vote, mostly since I'm more into occult themes over sci-fi. Aliens are pretty neat, but I don't play around with them all that much and there's a lot you can do as a Vampire. I mean sheesh I can turn the whole town into vampires if I wanted. Can't do that with aliens. I would like some more supernatural sims though. Mermaids pretty please! <3
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Although, I love both occult;
    It's aliens that take the win for me. The fact they can erase your mind, scare you with the probe and also bring dead alien objects back to life not to mention they can improve the quality of certain rocks is a plus. Kind of wish they could consume space rocks like the did in TS3 but they still get the win for me.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Aliens for me. Like someone else already mentioned, the hungry vampire thing gets a little old. Also the fact that I have to give them weaknesses. I wish there was an unmodded way to get around that as sometimes I'd just want an overpowered vampire.

Another thing I don't like about vampires is the fact that their genetics only matter as long as their offspring is a vampire. A human sim with a vampire parent can't get their glowing eyes for example (nor teeth, ears or markings).

If that could be passed down that would make them more interesting to me, especially the eyes. Like even if you create a vampire in cas, that has glowing vampire eyes in both forms, their eyes change to a "human" eyecolour when turned, boring.

I had a blast in ts3 mixing different supernatural because even though we didn't have hybrids then either they could at least turn out very cool looking and you could tell if a sim had vampire, genie and fairy genetics etc for example. Loved that.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Aliens. I do wish they would expand them some, especially power wise.. but then again I might not like the restrictions put on them by taking them in a particular direction. I have a common theme I like to play out where aliens come down to explore or and eventually dominate the sim world. (Get outta here, McFly!)
    I play vamps now and then, more often as victims though. My use for them has picked up some though but maybe it's the supernatural type. Weird because I love classic vamp stories. I just can't seem to get into creating them myself. I have high high hopes for Witches though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Aliens. I do wish they would expand them some, especially power wise.. but then again I might not like the restrictions put on them by taking them in a particular direction. I have a common theme I like to play out where aliens come down to explore or and eventually dominate the sim world. (Get outta here, McFly!)
    I play vamps now and then, more often as victims though. My use for them has picked up some though but maybe it's the supernatural type. Weird because I love classic vamp stories. I just can't seem to get into creating them myself. I have high high hopes for Witches though.

I agree with the aliens we have in the past games TS4s version are a bit watered down.

I also hope the two forms (like disguise for alien and dark form for vampire) won't be a thing all supernaturals have as well. I actually wish the vampires didn't have different forms. Don't really se the purpose of it, like I can understand an alien disguise (perhaps) but the dark form is weird, like is that really needed? Does it really add anything more than being able to give the same sim two looks/ more outfits? No real gameplay either just the annoying spin they do every time the change between forms.

What's the point giving a vamp red glowing eyes for example if he can just have normal ones in the other disguise? We also have to use the dark form for certain things, like fights and drinking, so even if I keep the same look of the sim for both forms he still have to "transform" to do certain actions, for no reason. Him turning into a bat I get but not a different form of himself.

Don't get me wrong :blush: I do like the few supernaturals we got but I don't understand people raving over TS4 vampire over TS3, especially since TS4 vampires came in their own pack and for twice that in TS3 we got so much more.

I really wish they make the plants sims a lifestate, they could just give it small updates here and there and then they would be "complete". That'd be awesome!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    double post :(
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I have to go with Vampires! Don't get me wrong, I do love Aliens a lot, it's just that I don't play a lot with them anymore. For some reason or another, the gameplay that has to do with Aliens has become somewhat repetitive for me and I can't find many ways to stay creative. With Vampires, on the other hand, I feel like there's always something I can do. I love the power system and the flexibility of their personalities!
  • Options
    BrookeSimsBrookeSims Posts: 40 Member
    I like both quite a bit, it really helps with story line and also adds something different to the game.
    I would have to say I prefer Vampires just because of all the different things you can do with them. Just beware of having MC Command centre having vampire biting on high because your whole town will be taken over xD.
    I would love to get some witches up in this game thou!
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Vampires by default since I never played with aliens and never even saw them in my game.
  • Options
    BrookeSimsBrookeSims Posts: 40 Member
    You know what @SimsAddict_244 I rarely see aliens in my game either. Unless I specifically want them to be. I have never has a random abduction.
  • Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    Vampires for sure. Vampires are probably at their best incarnation with the Sims 4 surprisingly, unlike Aliens, who are slightly disappointing compared to their Sims 3 form.
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    I like them both, Vampires a bit more, because in Sims 4 they are done quite well. I do wish that they would add Zombies like the ones in Sims 2. I had a Don Lothario zombie back in the day that was hoot!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Vampires are more powerful, they make pretty killer daemons.

I've had GTW for years now, and I'm just starting to Play with Aliens, and maybe I'll work on getting to Sixam.
    But the Alien I created was inspired by Marvel's Apocalypse. Still developing his character But I want him to be a Powerful Ruthless Pharaoh.

But over all Sorcerers and Werewolves should be my number one and two.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif