Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's something that, if not in Seasons, would disappoint you?

Comments

• morganlydiamorganlydia Posts: 57 Member
    I would be disappointed if we didn't have control over what seasons happen in which worlds and the duration of those seasons. I do love the festivals that we got in the Sims 3, but I think I could live without them if we had some other really good content.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited April 2018
    I suspect, just like other aspects of the game, we will not have toggles to control it.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I'd be upset if:

• No Lunar Cycles
    • Snow doesn't accumulate, it's just terrain paint.

that's all that could really make me mad.

Why would you need lunar cycles in a Seasons EP, out of curiosity? That’s a Supernatural/werewolf thing. Seasons have nothing to do with the moon.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I'd be upset if:

• No Lunar Cycles

Why would you need lunar cycles in a Seasons EP, out of curiosity? That’s a Supernatural/werewolf thing. Seasons have nothing to do with the moon.

it would be amusing to see them add werewolf's to a seasons pack :p

well the moon is popular for start of fall, Halloween :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'd be upset if:

• No Lunar Cycles

Simba... look at the sky. The phases of the moon has nothing to do with supernatural phenomena.

Joking aside Lunar Cycles ought to be a base game feature by now. Although, I thought it fell more under the "environmental aesthetics/impact" category, that is Seasons... frankly I think the sun could use a new light bulb too.

What would Lunar Cycles do? Display all 8 Phases of the Moon of Course.

Incase anyone wasn't aware... Every night in the Sims 4 is Full moon. What would the world look like during a New Moon? Crescent Moon? Eclipse? Darker!

Sure Werewolves and The Moon go hand in hand, however I think the concept of the moon should be established long before Werewolves claw their way in, that way they can stay away from that hideous "Supernatural Glow" (See Sims 3) when there is a full moon.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    I would be disappointed if the season pack does not include:

- Seasons (Yes it is possible they might stick to just add weather or a winter location - wouldnt buy such an EP)

- Clothing revamp (if we get a season pack with the 4 seasons it would totally need a revamp of the clothing system where you can save outfits for the different seasons and weathers and your sims switch them on the appropriate occasion, also it would be nice if we could save indoor and outdoor version to change those as well and your sims dont leave their jackets or shoes on when at home. There should be additional info to clothing categories including how warm and weather resistent clothing likely are so they are selected correctly by the auto selection and most jackets need a version without the jacket to make any sense. It could be held optional/automatical for those that dont want to do anything about dressing their sims.)
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    My expectations are pretty low. As much as I want, I don't think we will be able to control the length of seasons.

I would be most disappointed if we did not have holidays. More outdoor activities.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Basically if it's just a repeat of S2/S3 seasons expansions. Maybe add a new world for specific seasons? (wishful thinking I know). I'd like to control how long each seasons last, even to remove all of them if you don't want seasons in your game. I also want more outdoors/indoors activities related to each seasons (sky resorts, beach/swimming in the ocean, holidays, Christmas and New Year, Halloween etc.) for ALL life stages not just YA.
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    I would be disappointed but not surprised if they made the four seasons into individual stuff packs or expansions. I. E Sims 4 Summer. Sims 4 Spring, Sims 4 Fall and Sims 4 Winter
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    JSimmy wrote: »
    I would be disappointed but not surprised if they made the four seasons into individual stuff packs or expansions. I. E Sims 4 Summer. Sims 4 Spring, Sims 4 Fall and Sims 4 Winter

weather in stuff packs :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Matthewsims123Matthewsims123 Posts: 37 Member
    For summer I want people to all go to windenburg and brindleton bay beach and bring beach towels and umbrellas and play in the sand and ocean it would be awesome and feel like a real beach in the east coast like how the town is based off of
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I hope we can control the weather sometimes you want certain seasonal events to become part of your story I had a wedding in Sims 3 one time and it rained. They did have cover but it was fun to watch anyway. I hope we have storms I liked watching the lighting in Sims 3 especially in the Tropical Island world you could really see the lighting if you watch but then of course we had an open world. Would be nice if Sims could swim in the ocean and have nice big waves so they can drown in them with boats. I know it sounds mean but if you wanted to get rid of a Sim it would be another way to do it.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    It's a simple idea, but I would greatly enjoy if they introduced new windows in with the seasons pack that can be opened during summer. Like windows that sims can interact with. You can click on them and have a sim open them and enjoy the warm breeze coming in. Animals can also interact. Cats love open windows. I would just hate the feeling of knowing it's warm outside and the sims can't even open the windows. Everyone else's ideas on here are great and I agree with them as well.
  • horror_obsessedhorror_obsessed Posts: 21 Member
    For me, I'd hope we'd get plenty of coat and winter options. I also loved how TS3 added outer wear as another clothing required outfit. It made sense. Also, I do enjoy the festivals a lot. I would be very disappointed to see them go. The biggest thing I'd want to see in a TS4 expansion would be more variety of things to do on holidays, as well as a few more holidays. Truthfully throwing a gift giving party, or having to repeatedly click on houses sending kids to trick or treat, was not a satisfying representation of Christmas and Halloween. I want to be able to give Christmas gifts at Christmas time. Seasons was by far my favorite expansion in TS3, so I honestly have my fingers crossed that there will be a Sims 4 version of Seasons as well.
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    If the game didn't have weather based interactions and effects it wouldn't really be worth it at all.
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If the backgrounds in the worlds didn't change, especially with snow. It would just look weird.

Also on a smaller note, in sims 3 when it was foggy all that culminated in was reduced visibility in the distance; given that we have localised mist/fog in FH and on the Von Haunt estate, mist and fog in seasons would look really good if that reduced distance visibility was accompanied by localised fog in and around individual neighbourhoods, in sim's gardens etc.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    If Ice Skating is omitted, I’ll be disappointed.

I miss the “twirl” social that sims could do together while skating on the ice in Sims 2 :s
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited May 2018
    Honestly I just want a confirmation that all 4 seasons will be featured in the pack.
    I want to be sure we are actually getting seasons. Not "winter & autumn", or "spring & summer"
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    My only hope is that each world will have a distinct weather pattern, more rain in some worlds and less in others, longer seasons in some worlds and shorter in others.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    simlotte wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Where as Sims 4 not being able to have toggles - plus the issues where worlds we already have can't be changed with gameplay features without breaking saves - then I ask myself how would they incorporate Seasons anyway with us being unable to control weather and with out it breaking all our saves if we wanted to in any way change weather in various worlds ? Add to that the fact early on a dev/engineer said they would not make self contained worlds with just a single season like they made in Sims 1. Weighing all this info together and trying to deduct what is left - I see my most hated probability is game controlled weather via fx overlays with programming for the feel of the weather in sims to react a certain way when each season is looped into - like acting cold when winter is activate, hot when summer is, etc, etc - but even though things may look fantastic for a few days if the weather is nothing but over lays like modders already can make - I have to wonder about interactions with the sims - as Sims characters do not interact to fx -.It would be just like sims never see the fx cars, boats, the trolley, trains, airplanes, fx animals or insects - it is why they don't get excited to see the Showboat or kids get happy to see butterflies or trains or the chipmunk running around in the forest of OR - It is in reality like humans looking at a green screen when a movie is being made about monsters attacking.

How can anyone say weather makes the game more realistic? When it is just more fx fakeness. I don't see the festivals like we had in Sims 3 - but if we get them at all it will be a limited quick event like in CL, and if you blink you'll miss it.

I don't know - maybe we might have been better off wanting Sims 1 kind of seasonal additions to the game instead of expecting Sims 4 to deliver Sims 2 or 3 weather when it's smart technology engine seems to put such limits on events of any kind - never mind the fact we cannot do a single thing to make festivals different - it's always the same thing over and over - where we as players have zero control and creativity.

For the first time ever - as much as many of you seem to have to have Sims 4 Seasons - I already feel down about being pretty sure that is what is coming as the next ep and already so aware of what that means - It will be all great and new for a few days - and then it will quickly become one of those things that begin to feel more annoying and repetitive that we can't control or change one iota.

I really wish people might have wanted something else with more play value and where we at least have some control - as I am not at all a fan of visual effects outside of movies - because a game should be us doing thing, interacting and controlling the game when it is a sandbox game like the sims - not a projected movie of events where we - the players are stuck just watching the game play out itself. Might as well go watch a movie.

Needless to say - Seasons in Sims 4 is not something I look forward to - I really wanted a pack I could actually play the game in - not watch it like CL is. I fear that is what we will get.

I agree with everything you say! I just still have some hope left. Maybe it will be all we hoped for.
    Or maybe it's going to be just as it has been with CaD. Everything is a little stale, shallow. So seasons is going to be as well. But if we had wished for something else, we would have run into the same problem.

No I disagree that wishing for something else would have been the same thing - as Seasons is visual and in Sims 4 visuals are not inter-active because of all the FX filler and activity pretty limited outside of lots. We see how fairs are... we see the only activites there is most interactions is inside of building - outside it is sims flirting, talking and eating, talking and drinking, talking and dancing. You stop the talking and you get bowling. When Sims are not talking they are working by themselves and then at least you feel like something is going on - like hands on careers, gardening, etc - truth fully the only way to see sims look like they are having fun and doing activities to gether is club program them, and it forces the issue to do things with other sims - there is nothing realistic about it. Might as well program robots and why I don't use the club system. Sims have no ambition.

Like in past games sims would suddenly start playing chase, have pillow fights, water fight, start swimming, kids play tag and mary mack and all sorts of things together in past games with out clubs or me having to make them. They saw snow, got excited, kids thought bubbles showed thoughts of a snow day, and they'd run outside without prompting from me and built a snow man or had snow ball fights etc -. Sims 4 is so forced and with every thing so fx - there is nothing at all about fx to attract a sim to do an activity. Sims can not be programmed to react to fx - there in lies the problem. I mean sims rarely chose to fish, see butterflies and chase them, smell flowers or pick them like in sims 2 just because the wanted to. With Seasons I fear they will have zero initiative.

University would have least been more interactive - because they have to have usable stuff - but with everything about seasons so fx I fear it will be so visual we will bore of that pack even quicker than most especially when everything that is so active is tied to lots. The fact JA was so open is what made it so much better - but that was a gp - and eps do not seem to have that advantage at all. The gps and even toddlers are so interactive and way more like former sims games then the eps have proven to be. The eps have too much fx - which totally leaves interactions with sims empty and void. Seasons is definitely going to be the worse seeing it has always been a visual pack - but in Sims 4 I see all the visuals effects making our game feel even emptier. Almost any kind of pack but Seasons I think would have made a better choice for an ep in Sims 4. (This is coming from someone that agrees Seasons has always previously been one of my fav packs in former Sims games - but in Sims 4 I am not feeling Seasons at all). Honestly - I really hope they prove me wrong.

Well if they make these visuals an interactive object I don’t see why it’s not possible, you mention festivals but they work as intended I believe, objects dynamically pop in and out of the environment for a short burst of time while also changing the dynamic behaviour of the sims. Sims participate in the festivals when they’re around, I see seasons and weather being the same. Even outside of festivals, sims are always doing stuff around the city, participate in protests, Sims dynamically come in to busk on the streets with guitars, violins, even as a living statue, sims paint on the graffiti locations, purchase items from street vendors, the sims interact with the ever changing environment in the city. Like you said the only challenge the devs may face is changing the currently existing worlds to have this dynamic environment as it could break saves, but if they could pull it off imagine all the possibilities opened up for future packs or even updates.
  • AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    Before it rains, it gets cloudy and a bit darker outside. Or just overal darker days because of a lot of clouds in the sky

On top of this, dogs and cats acting funny before it storms, since animals tend to be able to sense when storms are coming, and maybe getting scared if there's thunder and lightning!
  • AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    I'd be massively disappointed if they did a patch release for "weather"- i want a big old EP with lots of CAS and build/buy items!!!
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'd be disappointed if we don't have complete control of weather (length, choosing weather type for each world), if we don't get gift giving, hot chocolate and smoothies. I'd also be disappointed if we don't get holidays and weather related activities.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    I’d be desapointed if there was no ice skating, and all the winter activities. And if there was no outerwear. Also I’d be disappointed if there was no holidays (mostly Christmas and Halloween), or if they weren’t more realistic (the Christmas presents in the sims 3 were lame for instance).
    And mostly if we got less content than in the sims 3 Seasons.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    A weather altering machine for my mad scientist who wants to take over the world.
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    I don't celebrate any of the seasonal holidays, so that wouldn't be a personal problem for me if they left that out haha. I would just be disappointed if they left out any major seasons or watered it down- like making a "weather" gp where there's just added rain and storms rather than there being distinctive seasons. I love snow and I want my sims to be able to experience it!!