Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inheritance

What if Sims could leave their property to specific Sim(s) in a will?

Dictate who will get what amount of money upon their death, and who won't get anything at all (ex. a child, sibling, or ex-spouse they don't like)?

And maybe be able to set conditions for inheritance (ex. their child has to marry).

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I would love this! I mentioned this in my topic about the problems of death in TS4 (linked in my signature). It would be great if you had some control over sharing out wealth between descendants who live in separate households. It could also cause some good old-fashioned drama!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I would love this!
    It could totally be part of a pack focused around funerals and cemeteries (I doubt such a pack would happen, but I'd love it!). Or in a Generations type pack.
    But for starters, I would love if sims would acknowledge their family members passing away when living in another lot.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes like in Sims 2 when a parent died depending on relationship they sent money why isn't not here?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    It could totally be part of a pack focused around funerals and cemeteries (I doubt such a pack would happen, but I'd love it!). Or in a Generations type pack.
    But for starters, I would love if sims would acknowledge their family members passing away when living in another lot.

I'd love it if Sims who never knew the deceased didn't mourn them unless you told them to; only Sims who were very close to them should do that autonomously on any kind of a regular basis.

What would a pack about funerals and cemeteries look like, you think? *curious*
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Yes like in Sims 2 when a parent died depending on relationship they sent money why isn't not here?

I miss that feature so much. Q-Q It really gave an incentive to boost family relationships.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

I'd love it if Sims who never knew the deceased didn't mourn them unless you told them to; only Sims who were very close to them should do that autonomously on any kind of a regular basis.

What would a pack about funerals and cemeteries look like, you think? *curious*
    Briana2425 wrote: »

I miss that feature so much. Q-Q It really gave an incentive to boost family relationships.

A pack around funerals and cemeteries would solidify families and add a cemetery lot type where Sims could bury their loved ones and visit. It would be great also for rebel teens to hang out at night for example and stuff like that.
    A funeral could be held as a new type of party where you could celebrate your recently deceased sim. Sims could share anecdotes about them, give a thoughtful speach, and send flowers for example. Maybe they could release balloons to the sky as well, and stuff like that.
    Then the will would be read and family and friends would inherited accordingly.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I miss Grandma dropping dead and getting a pop-up saying that my sim has inherited "X" amount of money.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Agreed! This makes me want a generations-style game pack so bad.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I'd love this! And to be able to will particular objects as well, to any individual. But... I don't want inheritance to be "on" by default. I want it to be something I have to set up for the game to do it, so Sims don't be default get rich fast.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I would love to see this implemented in game.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I'd love this! And to be able to will particular objects as well, to any individual. But... I don't want inheritance to be "on" by default. I want it to be something I have to set up for the game to do it, so Sims don't be default get rich fast.

Excellent point.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member

Totally! Like, then there'd be something to actually do when you're told to "get affairs in order" at the end of a sim's life.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    What if Sims could leave their property to specific Sim(s) in a will?

Dictate who will get what amount of money upon their death, and who won't get anything at all (ex. a child, sibling, or ex-spouse they don't like)?

And maybe be able to set conditions for inheritance (ex. their child has to marry).

Good idea.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    I miss this feature from the Sims 2, it made the game feel so much more realistic in regards to old age.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I could set up the young wife inheriting all the money from her sugar daddy and leaving the kids out of it.
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    I would also like to see an option to transfer funds when moving sims between households. Money management is just off in the Sims 4 in general, not well-balanced at all.

It doesn't bother me too much since my sims rarely have financial aspirations but it would be nicer with some tweaks.
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Yes to all the above!!!!
  • Sigma4lifeSigma4life Posts: 163 Member
    I would love to see all of these ideas! I agree, there needs to be a better way to handle money from generation to generation and would give a new layer to elders planning before their deaths. I also love the idea of gold digging sims changing the will to everyone's surprise.
  • AisurandoAisurando Posts: 20 Member
    Neat idea.