Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenge idea: Jungle challenge!

Ok, so basically, i get bored, and decide to try make up new challenges. So, now I've made up (or maybe got inspiration from @soulgal7 's Asylum challenge backstory, and it probably does exist, but this is just my idea/take, so now, we have... THE JUNGLE CHALLENGE!!

Story and set up
You were on a plane, headed to Oasis springs, when suddenly, a storm picks up around you. The plane sets alight, and starts diving through the clouds, reaching the ground with a colossal crash, resulting in the death of most of the passengers. But you and an unlucky few survive. Usually, surviving a crash would be lucky, but you have barely any money, no way of making food, and no shelter, so, it's your job to earn it, and make it back to civilization, all in one piece.

Go to the 50/40 lot in Newcrest
Enter build mode, but don't add a family, yet.
You have to cover the lot in trees, rocks and bushes, and use shft+] to make a kids toy plane bigger, and place it somewhere on the lot.
Add a family, but they need to be in relatively bedraggled clothes, no fancy dresses or suits.
Type Ctrl+Alt+C, then type testingcheats on, before money [over 100 below 1000], then testingcheats off.

How the challenge works
You can have any amount of sims, but it must be more than two
Sims can be any age, and children and babies must have a parent.
They must earn money, and build a shelter, to fill your sims needs. Depending on ho hard you want it to be, you can have as many sims as you like, and as much money, under 1000.
You can switch onto, and control all of your sims, but if over half of them die, before you win, you will lose.
You are able to win, by building a house, with everything to fill their needs, and ways for them to make money, by at least tripling their starting fund, so, where as 100 would be harder for the building aspect, it'll make winning easier.
All of your sims must have a nature aspiration.
And you must have one sim, with a hot headed, evil, insane and jealous trait, so if you're playing with two or three, one will need more than one.

Your sims are not in any way allowed jobs, and cannot hire any services
You are not allowed to download a house from the gallery, unless it is for this challenge.
You are not allowed any need filling item at the start, apart from a bench, and apple trees in the forest (and you can have a pond, if one of your sims has the angling ace aspiration).
You are not allowed to travel
You are allowed to (before typing testingcheats off), put BB.showhiddenobjects. This will give you apple and cherry trees, and rocks that contain gems.

Check my gallery, Galaxy_kitten_73, to find a template for this challenge, and type in #JungleChallengeLot

If there is something i didn't make very clear, just tell me, and also, comment if you want to try, and keep my updated

Cats and dogs pack update
You are allowed two pets in the family, but if they both die, you cannot get another, or let them mate with strays.

Outdoor Retreat pack update
You are allowed the outdoor enthusiast inspiration, but aren't allowed to go to Granite falls, since you're poor and have crashed, and completing your aspiration isn't your main goal.
You are allowed to have the log seats to start with, but no more than 5 seating spots, so not one with three, then three stools.

Autumn_Leaves_Decoration_PNG_Clipart.png?m=1507172109

Post edited by Kiara_kitten on

Comments

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Kiara_kitten - ahhh....thank you. So glad you got inspiration from my backstory. And if we could live in Selvadorada, I would have had the asylum challenge there. I was just trying to find your build and origin or sims is undergoing an up-date.

So, here is a question for you. The simoleon part. I don't quite understand the amount of simoleons you start out with. Are you going to play test your idea and post the results here? Sounds like fun. I always like those challenges where you start off with nothing, or next to nothing and have to go from there.

If you started out with $100, tripling that would only be $300, so money wise you wouldn't need very much. Can you collect and garden, etc? to earn simoleons? Is there a value to the house to complete the challenge?

Ok, sorry, but can't seem to find that lot in the gallery. I did look under your EA name and also the name of the build. Could you load it again? Thanks so much :)
  • Options
    Kiara_kittenKiara_kitten Posts: 52 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Kiara_kitten - ahhh....thank you. So glad you got inspiration from my backstory. And if we could live in Selvadorada, I would have had the asylum challenge there. I was just trying to find your build and origin or sims is undergoing an up-date.

So, here is a question for you. The simoleon part. I don't quite understand the amount of simoleons you start out with. Are you going to play test your idea and post the results here? Sounds like fun. I always like those challenges where you start off with nothing, or next to nothing and have to go from there.

If you started out with $100, tripling that would only be $300, so money wise you wouldn't need very much. Can you collect and garden, etc? to earn simoleons? Is there a value to the house to complete the challenge?

Ok, sorry, but can't seem to find that lot in the gallery. I did look under your EA name and also the name of the build. Could you load it again? Thanks so much :)

Sorry, i've only just finished the lot.

Also, you need to house to be able to supply all of your sims needs, as well as having that much money to end.
    You can do tasks, to earn money, by buying things that do give you money, like an easel.

So, anyway, no worries. If i hadn't read your idea for the origin of the asylum challenge, i would never have thought of that.

If you are attempting this challenge, good luck!

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited April 2018
    @Kiara_kitten
    Very creative twist on a survival type challenge. And a good use of the Jungle Adventure idea.
    Bookmarked to follow you progress.

Things I think about when creating or reading a challenge:
    What is the story behind the challenge?
    Tell me something to make me interested in reading more about the challenge.
    Is it based on another existing challenge?
    You have this covered with your challenge backstory. :+1:
    Is it a complete challenge with a beginning, middle and end?
    How do I start, how do I play and what is the ultimate goal or how do I 'win'?
    Do the rules or guidelines seem reasonable and can goals set by the challenge actually be achieved?
    @SoulGal7 already asked some of the questions I had about the challenge.
    Has the person posting the challenge play tested it?
    When sharing a challenge it is always good to base it on your game play experience and / or to test it yourself.
    Also, you need to house to be able to supply all of your Sims needs, as well as having that much money to end.
    You can do tasks, to earn money, by buying things that do give you money, like an easel.
    By supply all your Sims needs I would assume a place to eat, sleep and satisfy hygiene (and hygiene related) needs. The majority of my Sims start with nothing or barely anything. I just started a save with a 'room' called Rough Start. It has a trashcan, cooker, bench and a Potty Bush. I added the cheapest fridge to store food between meals. That is all the need (besides a shower which after two weeks has yet to be added). My point is that once you have played a bit perhaps a short list of required items would help someone wanted to play or help test your challenge.
  • Options
    Check my gallery, Galaxy_kitten_73, to find a template for this challenge, and type in #JungleChallengeLot
    I think I found the lot Jungle Challenge Lot
    Description:
    "This is an example of an acceptable #JungleChellnge lot. I'm playing with four sims and a dog, and i'm controling the brother and sister! PLEASE TRY MY CHALLENGE!"
    Three comments:
    You may want to check the spelling (I have uploaded a few things only to go back and realize there was a spelling mistake)
    All CAPS is like yelling. You might consider changing it to lower case.
    The comment about the challenge could tell the name of the challenge and how to find it more quickly.
    Example: Please check out my Jungle Challenge under Kiara_kitten on the forum.
  • Options
    I think I found the lot Jungle Challenge Lot
    Description:
    "This is an example of an acceptable #JungleChellnge lot. I'm playing with four sims and a dog, and i'm controling the brother and sister! PLEASE TRY MY CHALLENGE!"
    Three comments:
    You may want to check the spelling (I have uploaded a few things only to go back and realize there was a spelling mistake)
    All CAPS is like yelling. You might consider changing it to lower case.
    The comment about the challenge could tell the name of the challenge and how to find it more quickly.
    Example: Please check out my Jungle Challenge under Kiara_kitten on the forum.

Yep, that's the one ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @SoulGal7 already asked some of the questions I had about the challenge.
    Has the person posting the challenge play tested it?

Yes, i am almost finished with it, however, i am doing a test run through, before playing an acctual game where i will post my progress. I'll answer the others when i wake up, since, i'm too tired to process words right now.
    Keep you updated @EuphorialQueen
    By supply all your Sims needs I would assume a place to eat, sleep and satisfy hygiene (and hygiene related) needs. The majority of my Sims start with nothing or barely anything. I just started a save with a 'room' called Rough Start. It has a trashcan, cooker, bench and a Potty Bush. I added the cheapest fridge to store food between meals. That is all the need (besides a shower which after two weeks has yet to be added). My point is that once you have played a bit perhaps a short list of required items would help someone wanted to play or help test your challenge.

You will need:
    Shower/bath
    Toilet
    1 skill building item
    Bed
    Some form of entertainment (E.G toys, monkey bars, computer, tv)
    1 oven
    1 fridge
    All of this in at least three separate rooms.

Hope this makes sense. I mean... I might update this later, but just can't think at the minute.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    ALRIGHT! I HAVE STARTED TO PLAY IT AND AM GOING TO START UPDATING. So, this will basically be a diary, that i will update every time i get through a sims day.

Day one:
    All my sims (plus Berni the dog) all happy, and (using the Outdoor retreat pack) i have two wooden benches, that my sims currently use as beds, but won't last for long. I have one teen: Maize and her brother (young adult)
    I have a young adult Called Julia (and boy is she cute)
    And another Young adult called Ronald
    Then, a soppy (and adorable) St Bernard dog, Called Berni.

More updates coming soon
  • Options
    ALRIGHT! I HAVE STARTED TO PLAY IT AND AM GOING TO START UPDATING. So, this will basically be a diary, that i will update every time i get through a sims day.

Day one:
    All my sims (plus Berni the dog) all happy, and (using the Outdoor retreat pack) i have two wooden benches, that my sims currently use as beds, but won't last for long. I have one teen: Maize and her brother (young adult)

More updates coming soon
    @Kiara_kitten - Oh that family sounds cool....I love the St. Bernard. I had one in The Wolf Pack Challenge.
  • Options
    You will need:
    Shower/bath
    Toilet
    1 skill building item
    Bed
    1 oven
    1 fridge
    Hope this makes sense. I mean... I might update this later, but just can't think at the minute.
    That makes perfect sense :+1:
    Your family sounds awesome. :smiley: Are they in the gallery yet?
  • Options
    You will need:
    Shower/bath
    Toilet
    1 skill building item
    Bed
    1 oven
    1 fridge
    That makes perfect sense :+1:
    Your family sounds awesome. :smiley: Are they in the gallery yet?

Yes. They are. They might possible contain CC, but none is on their everyDay, if you want to find them
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @Kiara_kitten
    I am so confused :# Did you change your Origin ID?
    Now seeing Tyger_Lily_793 instead of Galaxy_kitten_73

Yh, someone was on my account, so i changed my user and password. I don't know how they got the info to hack me, but it hasn't happened since. Sorry for the confusion :)

• Options
    edited May 2018
    @Kiara_kitten - I did a bit of a room called Crash Site. Here is the start of it. Working on the larger starter lot. Haven't uploaded the room as yet. Those are some of my survivors taking a swim! Think I will add the debug pond there, as I don't think they are allowed a pool. What are the starting funds?

CRASH_SITE.png

THE_WATERFALL.png

MOSTLY_DEBUG_STUFF.png

• Options
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Kiara_kitten - I did a bit of a room called Crash Site. Here is the start of it. Working on the larger starter lot. Haven't uploaded the room as yet. Those are some of my survivors taking a swim! Think I will add the debug pond there, as I don't think they are allowed a pool. What are the starting funds?

CRASH_SITE.png

THE_WATERFALL.png

MOSTLY_DEBUG_STUFF.png

The rules on swimming pools are a yes, as sims would go swimming in a lake.
    You can spend as much as you like on the lot, but by the time you are finished, once and for all with building, you can set it to anything you want, between 100 and 1000, but you have to build a house, suitable to supply them, and still have triple the starting fund.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    ATTENTION ALL WHO ARE FOLLOWING THIS DISCUSSION!

After a re-design of the lot, i am restarting the challenge, with the same family, as before, but back to the origonal amount of cash, and reverted everything i had bought.

Ok: Day 1: As before, My family are happily getting along, recovering from the crash, salvaging parts, and getting used to the jungle. I wrote about the family before.
    I have one teen: Maize and her brother (young adult)