Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CONTEST: Springtime of the Sims

Hello, fellow Simmers! I'm hosting an art contest called Springtime of the Sims. Now that the days are getting longer in the northern hemisphere, it's time to celebrate all things spring! (Especially if you're like me and eagerly awaiting a Seasons expansion pack for Sims 4...!) All you need to enter is a free account on deviantArt and some imagination!

You can read the full contest details on our deviantArt page, but I'll list the basics here too.

Theme
Draw at least one premade character from any Sims game partaking in an activity related to spring.

Dates
The contest runs from 16 April until 25 May. Submissions close at 8pm BST on Friday, 25 May. (If you're not in British time, use this website to figure out when your deadline is - just put in 20:00 Edinburgh and convert it to your timezone.)

How to Enter
The contest is hosted on deviantArt, so you need to have an art account there to post your contest entry. Entries can be submitted to the contest folder on the Art of the Sims group on deviantArt. You have to be a member of the Art of the Sims group to submit to the contest folder. If you are new to deviantArt but would like to join the contest, don't hesitate to ask me any questions! I can help you figure out how to enter if you're confused on the website mechanics.

Rules
Here are the rules for participation:
  • You must be a member of the Art of the Sims group on deviantArt, which you can join for free at any time.
  • Your entry must include at least one premade Sim. Other Sims and OCs are welcome but optional.
  • Any genre of art is allowed except in-game screenshots, art using bases, and dollmaker websites. This contest is about art you create inspired by the Sims games, not screenshots you take of your Sims in-game. You can, however, redraw a screenshot yourself or use it as part of a background collage as long as the main focus of the piece is art you generated outside the game.
  • Art should be rated T, not depicting any violence or mature content that exceeds what you would find in a Sims game.
  • You can include characters from any game in the franchise, whether it's a main Sims title or a related game like the Urbz, SimCity or Sims Medieval.
  • The characters must be engaging in some activity that's recognisably associated with spring. It doesn't have to be something you can actually do in a Sims game, though.
  • One entry per participant.

Voting
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be decided by popular vote. I'll post a link here to the voting when it becomes available. The voting will remain open for 1-2 weeks after the contest is closed. The voting deadline will be announced when the poll is posted.

Prizes
The winners will have their pick from three prizes! First place gets first choice, and so on and so forth. The prize options are as follows, with sample art from each of the prize-giving artists.

Character art request by norree
sun_tinted_memory_by_norree-dc8cdke.jpg
gustafa_by_norree-darx4zq.pngrose_in_the_city_by_norree-dbgffl3.jpg
audrey_deloria_by_norree-db9ewvs.jpg

Character art request by Eldr-Fire (me!)
child_of_the_mountains_by_eldr_fire-dc0plwl.jpg
oak_and_winona_by_eldr_fire-dbwvmg9.jpg

Character art request by SachiiA
the_painter_by_sachiia-dc5j6pg.png
done_by_sachiia-dc4msnv.png