Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multitasking - needs more of Multitasking

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Multitasking is not something to brag about as being the whole newly revolutionizing new thing in the series that came in TS4 (which we all know that's quite not true, as sim always been able to multitask in all games to more or less extent). How about sims don't stop cooking to talk with another sim as that the opposite definition of multitasking (both actions aren't been done at the same time, but switch in subsequent order). That sim should continue to talk while cooking food. Or a sim talking with Bob that is seating at the couch responding back whilst he watches tv while Marry is opening the fridge. Or how about a spouse hugging her wife from the side while she is doing the dishes. Ok, share your thoughts what more details like this need to be added so that Multitasking looks more improved than ever opposed to simply being the overrated thing that has no point to be a fuss about. I haven't seen sims reading a book while laying down on the bed.
NNpYlHF.jpg

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018
    Before elaborating on what I'd want multitasking to be like, I think it's essential to know what the technical limitations are. I assume it is the way it is in the game because it's the only way they can make it work right now.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think the basics of multi tasking need looked at. It’s not multi tasking during a meal to talk, talk, talk, eat a mouthful and then talk some more. The same way it’s not multi tasking if your sim is say painting and they stop because someone has spoke to them. Personally it’s not a feature I like.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I thought of an extra problem for me by the way (and I don’t know if that’s got something to do with multitasking), how animations take such a lot of time. I was thinking that when my toddler in the game went potty. The animation was super cute, I loved it and followed her. And took a picture. And another one. And watched, and watched, and watched.... Endlessly (and this was not multitasking, she was doing just that, it just takes way way longer than in TS3) untill I became bored. And so I moved to her mother obviously so no problem, but I have a feeling this goes for a lot of animations. Too long, untill it becomes boring, even when the animations in itself are done really nice and as such are fun to look at. I constantly find myself fast-forwarding. And that added up with the multitasking (which is two animations in turns) makes it a drag.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2018
    I think the basics of multi tasking need looked at. It’s not multi tasking during a meal to talk, talk, talk, eat a mouthful and then talk some more. The same way it’s not multi tasking if your sim is say painting and they stop because someone has spoke to them. Personally it’s not a feature I like.

I agree. It's a concept that I think really sounds cool, but the way it was implemented in TS4 was a bit disappointing. Interactions don't flow naturally with multitasking. I feel as if it came with more bugs than open world. The game is smooth, thankfully, but simulation-wise, it's arguably the messiest. This is the first Sims game where basic features such as time control just flat out fail.

It's something I'd have no issue with if scaled down with TS5. I know I'd prefer it if they brought back open world, optimized the game better, and prevented the entire complete world to be simulated at once.
  • MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    edited April 2018
    The multi task system is the absolute worse. In the sims 2 and Sims 3 sims knew how to talk and eat at the same time. Like one sim could be talking while another sim is eating, like in real life, so i don't see how they couldn't have done it for the sims 4. Plus the "Smart Sim" engine rearranges interactions based on it's own, broken, system instead of the player's choice. And a lot of times the Sims just freeze with that goofy happy expression on their face because the system doesn't know what to do. And yet with every new patch the team releases, none of the bigger problems are address....