Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Sick and Tired of the Lack of Rock and Metal

aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
All this pop and wub wub wub stuff is terrible! Sims 4 lacks diversity in music for sure. Give us some Rock and Metal there is no excuses. No one wanted Tween Pop and other garbage. Give us real music. At least Sims 2 knew this and gave us a better diverse selection of genres (stations). I do not want to rely on custom music forever to have something worthy of blaring at a party or night club. I'd even take Country at this rate (and I hate that genre with a passion). Anything besides the horror we have now.

Spooky isn't spooky and Romance isn't romance too by the way. Its random garbage that has no relation to the in game genres. Please give us R&B instead thank you.
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Comments

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited April 2018
    Unfortunately metal and to-a-lesser-extent, rock, probably don't appeal to the game's core demographic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    i think rock, depending on what kind, appeals to lots of young people, even today.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    How about some 'easy listening'? There's a lot of stuff from the 60s & 70s that would do nicely. I doubt we'll get 'the killer b's' (Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, & Borodin) any time soon. :(
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Vriyaya wrote: »
    I would imagine there arent too many metal bands wanting to scream their songs out in simlish

That's quite good point, however, there was metal radio station in TS2. And I believe rock was in all previous iteration.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    I agree. I just put my own mp3's in but a metal or rock station would be awesome. I also wish we still had the Rock God career option. I used to have a Sim called Ivan Rasputin who was a Rock God and I wish I could recreate him in Sims 4.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd like more options including rock. I do like all the other "garbage" though too. More choice is always fun.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I imagine it'll come along eventually. Though I have to wonder, how relevant is rock today, really, just in general?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I would imagine there arent too many metal bands wanting to scream their songs out in simlish

Hmm Slipknot singing in simlish Interesting I think you could get some pop punk bands to sing on the game people like Tay Jardean who is❤️
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

That's quite good point, however, there was metal radio station in TS2. And I believe rock was in all previous iteration.
    True, also Teen Style Stuff added more Metal songs translated to Simlish so there were in fact Metal bands willing to sing in Simlish at one point. :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Dedicated stations has to be coming eventually.
    Perhaps we will get some rockin/metal witches, and perhaps more college rock with TS4 University.
    https://youtu.be/U027hApkRxU

https://youtu.be/3mdcRgX5YfM

I am not sure what music category ZZ Ward is in, but I loved Snakes for TS4: Vampires
    https://youtu.be/lU93bF2-DfM

I want more ZZ Ward, this is more like blues, but I want Cannonball in TS4.
    https://youtu.be/-k7PO9HM2RU
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    edited April 2018
    I agree, they certainly do need other genres of music and that includes country as well .... I would love it REALLY much if they made an electric guitar that actually plays electric music. That way it can go with the rock music stations as well.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I agree, they certainly do need other genres of music and that includes country as well .... I would love it REALLY much if they made an electric guitar that actually plays electric music. That way it can go with the rock music stations as well.

The backyard genre actually has a country song on it. I've heard if before but since I'm not really into it I wasn't sure what band it was but I do agree there needs to be more genres of music in the game.

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Ozzy let 3 put his shirts in the store. He is on another farewell tour so he might do it as a joke afterward if somebody asked. Some of the other smaller bands might have a sense of humor about it too. Don't really see G*smack or Vulbeat going for it. 5 Finger Death Punch maybe?
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    > @Vriyaya said:
    > I would imagine there arent too many metal bands wanting to scream their songs out in simlish

I'd bet Dethklok might do it. Their song about coffee is pretty close to simlish. In fact most death metal is pretty close to simlish. I like the music but darned if I can tell what most are saying...
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    A resident emo person here: Was anyone else totally thrilled when My Chemical Romance re-recorded a song for TS3 Night Life?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I imagine it'll come along eventually. Though I have to wonder, how relevant is rock today, really, just in general?

They've given us, haven't they some kind of retro music? They could easily slip in the best Rock covers and Heavy Metal covers, no?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    Just an idea - You could try to find songs in Simlish from previous series, like the ones @CK213 posted, to add to your 'Costum Music' folder? I personally preferred songs in 'hooman' when I had Custom Stations in TS2 (haven't gotten around to it for TS4, the only times my sims listen to the radio is for alternative or pop to increase the chances of getting a girl/boy), but having songs you like in Simlish could be a "meet me halfway" solution, until more genres will (hopefully!) be added.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd love a Classic Rock station. It would be a great fit into my storytelling. Add a jazz station, and the younger and older seniors in my Seniors Home can duke it out over the music selection!

I'd also like a Punk station.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    interesting amount of people that are assuming metal/rock needs to be screaming.

also @luthienrising i totally second a punk station!

it seems EA has catered to people wanting a rock/punk look in sims, so why are we dismissing the other elements of those subcultures as 'not for the demographic', that's just...
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    edited April 2018

also this..
    it's very relevant, still, today. still very much a largely popular genre and with good reason. still makin' a lotta millionaires.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    And here I was thinking this thread would be about collectibles :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member

They've given us, haven't they some kind of retro music? They could easily slip in the best Rock covers and Heavy Metal covers, no?

There is also NuDisco which has a lot of actual Disco songs converted to Simlish except one which is instrumental only.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I love all forms of rock and metal and would love to have them in a sims game! I can just hear Five Finger Death Punch Simlish edition... I'd buy it! :lol: