Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PC Help :D

Hellooo,
I've been playing the Sims 4 on Mac for like the last 2 years and it's been a struggle. I've been searching the web for alternatives such as a custom build PC but whenever I start looking I get really really confused. I was wondering if anyone would help me in my dilemma, basically I just need help choosing the components of a PC that could run the Sims 4 and possibly 3 on the best graphics and other various games. I think I have a budget around $1000 Australian dollar.
Thank you :)

(I have discord if that would be easier for anyone)

Comments

• Options
    Cookie o' CrumbleCookie o' Crumble Posts: 122 Member
    @rosemow thank you so much :))
  • Options
    TailsTails Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey there,

So I have just downloaded the sims Cats and Dogs but I can't find it in my origin game library anywhere. Do I need to have sims 4 already downloaded? Someone, please help me I have been crying for the past hour cause I just spent $50.00 :(
  • Options
    TailsTails Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Tails said:
    > Hey there,
    >
    > So I have just downloaded the sims Cats and Dogs but I can't find it in my origin game library anywhere. Do I need to have sims 4 already downloaded? Someone, please help me I have been crying for the past hour cause I just spent $50.00 :(

Never mind I just realised I have to have Sims 4 already downloaded :neutral:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Tails wrote: »
    > @Tails said:
    > Hey there,
    >
    > So I have just downloaded the sims Cats and Dogs but I can't find it in my origin game library anywhere. Do I need to have sims 4 already downloaded? Someone, please help me I have been crying for the past hour cause I just spent $50.00 :(

Never mind I just realised I have to have Sims 4 already downloaded :neutral:

Hello @Tails
    You do need to have purchased and installed Sims 4 to be able to play Cats and Dogs. If you haven’t already bought it, Origin often has sims 4 sales where you can buy the base game at a reduced price.
  • Options
    ZeGamingCuberZeGamingCuber Posts: 3 New Member
    In the Sims 4 Cats And Dogs does anyone know how I can get my territorial cat to breed with another cat? She doesn't like any other cats she meets. can anyone help?
  • Options
    In the Sims 4 Cats And Dogs does anyone know how I can get my territorial cat to breed with another cat? She doesn't like any other cats she meets. can anyone help?

Hello
    Try adding another cat to your household and see if she may breed with that cat.
  • Options
    TerriblePunTerriblePun Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi! If you're up for it and want to build a desktop PC yourself there's a site called PC Parts Picker that will let you choose components, checks to make sure they're compatible with each other, and shows you where you can buy them for the lowest price (it's easier than it sounds!)

-------

I don't know much about Macs but I can give you some tips for specs and some suggestions for Windows-compatible parts. The specifications will be roughly the same for both Mac & Windows PCs I think?

+ Quad-core/4-core or higher CPU @ 2.6 Ghz clock speed or higher (3.0+ Ghz would be ideal)
    An Intel core i5 or core i7 would be fine, with the i7 being better; 7th generation is kind of a sweet spot as there are some cutting-edge features that won't work on older gens (mostly related to VR) but the 8th and 9th generations are still very expensive due to their age. Don't be afraid to go for a 5th or 6th gen though. You can tell what generation an intel CPU is by the numbers after the type--so like, a core i5-6xxx would be 6th gen and a core i7-8xxx would be 8th gen.
    There's a rival called AMD. Their modern CPUs are on-par with Intel's and they tend to be cheaper. I don't really know much about them though so I can't make any suggestions.

+ 8 GB is an absolute MINIMUM, 12 GB would be middling, and 16 GB would be ideal; DDR4 is better than DDR3; maybe avoid DDR5, as while it's newer and typically faster, it's more expensive. 2400 Mhz or higher is an OK speed.

+ A discreet graphics card - NOT Intel HD graphics (this generally comes on your CPU)
    10-series Nvidia GTX GPUs are good but very expensive--all GPU prices are inflated right now due to bitcoin miners. The GTX 1060 is kind of a golden standard still (with the 1080 ti being the beefiest but it's also insanely priced) and is compatible with things like VR and 4K. If you need to, the 9 series has OK cards. The 980 and 980 ti (ti cards being slightly stronger than their counterparts) are fine for something like TS4.

+ An SSD
    A solid state drive (SSD) is much faster than a hard drive (HDD) and are more stable. How big you want it depends on what you're doing. I'd generally go for a 500 GB drive or higher, although 250 GB can work if you don't plan to keep much on your computer (keep in mind most big, modern games are 20+ GB each, with TS4 being almost 30 GB if you have every pack/EP). You can also get a PC with multiple drives--say, a smaller SSD to run your programs & operating system off of but a big HDD to keep your other files on. This also helps save money since HDDs are cheaper. I personally have a 250 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD (a TB/terabyte is equivalent to 1000 GB/gigabytes); you're probably not going to need more than 1 TB unless you store a lot of media directly on your computer, and at that point it might be easier to get an external drive.

+ 64-bit modern operating system (Windows 10 or MacOS High Sierra)
    Avoid 32-bit as it's old and sucks. If you go with Windows 10, Pro gives you more control over the nitty-gritty options than Home.
  • Options
    ChelseyyChelseyy Posts: 3 New Member
    Can anybody help me get my custom content back?
  • Options
    ChelseyyChelseyy Posts: 3 New Member
    I have my script mods, but my custom content not showing up...somebody PLEASE!!! HELP ME!!!!
  • Options
    Chelseyy wrote: »
    Can anybody help me get my custom content back?

Hello @Chelseyyy
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Game Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then .