Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Camera

Is there a way to change the camera angle? To take pictures and stuff and is there movie mod or anything?

Comments

• xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    On the uppper right corner of the screen, you have a “free cam” button, after clicking on that, you will be able to change camera angle with the two analog sticks on your controller freely. This is great for taking pictures of your game.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I have asked on twitter about possibly getting an option to change the camera angle but never got a reply.
  • PrmlPrml Posts: 7 New Member
    Is there anyway to control the camera on console like you can on pc?
  • AddamsFamilyAddamsFamily Posts: 151 Member
    Good question. Also can u record video?
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I contacted EA yesterday about how frustrating it is when the camera sometimes keeps changing position after you put it in the place you need, especially in Build mode, and the only thing they suggested to check the problem is by deleting EVERYTHING on my console.
    2quwd7.gif

Well that's a stupid idea thanks EA
  • rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    Yeah those customer service reps are general customer service, probably never even played the game before on concsole. The gurus are who you should tell, that actually have experience with the game.
    So can you record video?
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    So can you record video?
    If you're on a PS4, you can record video using the share button on your controller, the game doesn't have a video recording option at the moment.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
    Pi feel dumb I didn't know the PS4 could do that thanks
    I contacted EA yesterday about how frustrating it is when the camera sometimes keeps changing position after you put it in the place you need, especially in Build mode, and the only thing they suggested to check the problem is by deleting EVERYTHING on my console.

Well that's not gonna work lol it's the games design :smiley:
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    On the uppper right corner of the screen, you have a “free cam” button, after clicking on that, you will be able to change camera angle with the two analog sticks on your controller freely. This is great for taking pictures of your game.

From the little time my daughter had the console version, we did not see a different camera mode. It is exactly like the PC camera for Sims 4. I know on PC that some people switched to the sims 3 camera mode(not myself), but I do not think that is available via console.

From the little time my daughter had the console version, we did not see a different camera mode. It is exactly like the PC camera for Sims 4. I know on PC that some people switched to the sims 3 camera mode(not myself), but I do not think that is available via console.

You can tilt the camera angle by holding the middle mouse button which you cant do on console. No real need for it really i guess