Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin fails updating my game due ti Touchup crash. How can I access my game?

I'm having a problem with Origin. Game had to be patched (probably due to the latest EP, which I do not own) + Origin had to be updated (no idea why), and EA Installer Touchup is crashing every time I try to update or repair my game. I can't access my game thanks to Origin. Crash details says "APPCRASH, touchup.exe 4.5.3.0 modul Wpc.dll_unloaded" + a lot more...

Edit: And there is a second error popup: "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: 327682:0". I tried several times yesterday and today, so I don't expect "waiting a few moments" will help...

How can I get access to my game? Can I run it without Origin?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    When I started up Origin today it was updated before I could log in so maybe you can download Origin again via the Origin web page and try again. You could also uninstall Origin and install it again. That also helps.

If you are on Windows 10 ,Origin might have updated itself because that was updated as well. I always have trouble when EA patches itself on Windows update day. (2nd Tuesdays of every month),

What's EA Installer Touchup?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Thanks. I'm able to access Origin, so I think Origin works fine, while my game is not working. When repairing TS4 the progress crashes when trying to finalize base game. After that crash, it continues updating the EPs and SPs with no problem.

Not sure if I need to backup any saved games before uninstalling, but better be safe.

EA Installer Touchup is obviously part of the Origin software updating our games, my guess.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018
    Thanks. I'm able to access Origin, so I think Origin works fine, while my game is not working. When repairing TS4 the progress crashes when trying to finalize base game. After that crash, it continues updating the EPs and SPs with no problem.

Not sure if I need to backup any saved games before uninstalling, but better be safe.

EA Installer Touchup is obviously part of the Origin software updating our games, my guess.

This happens on occasion to me my advice is, after it has finished uploading all the games but the one quit origin and open it again. That should resolve the issue. If it does it again I would suggest uninstalling the sims and origin, access your registry files and delete all registry that belong to origin and the sims.

After that reinstall origin and the Sims 4.

Hopefully it helps.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Thanks. I reinstalled everything yesterday, and it works. My worry is that this is the 2nd time in about 6 months that I'm fixing this, and I've not even played the game a lot. It feels like spending more time on fixing stuff than to actually play the game. If it happens again I might return to TS3.