Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitches, Bugs, Missing details

So I have a bug on my Xbox digital version that has been an issue ever since the latest update for consoles. My UI sometimes thinks that when I click on the inventory or something I'm actually clicking on the needs button which is very annoying. Also whenever my Sims phone rings now I have to go into the UI mode to answer it properly otherwise it will cancel the call. ALSO! Even after I answer the phone, I have to be super precise with how I move through the options when a Sim invites me places otherwise it will cancel when I try to click on "Ok" or whatever. This is also an issue when the phone rings to have my Sim work from home, go to work or take PTO. Is anyone else having these UI issues?

Comments

• MrDuckMrDuck Posts: 15 Member
    > @DoodleSmack32 said:
    > So I have a bug on my Xbox digital version that has been an issue ever since the latest update for consoles. My UI sometimes thinks that when I click on the inventory or something I'm actually clicking on the needs button which is very annoying. Also whenever my Sims phone rings now I have to go into the UI mode to answer it properly otherwise it will cancel the call. ALSO! Even after I answer the phone, I have to be super precise with how I move through the options when a Sim invites me places otherwise it will cancel when I try to click on "Ok" or whatever. This is also an issue when the phone rings to have my Sim work from home, go to work or take PTO. Is anyone else having these UI issues?

Yeah this issue I have too (also digital Xbox version). Game seems to combine both the UI elements and the screen courser into one which as you mentioned is most noticeable when using the phone, like pop-ups/texts/alarms etc.. My friends probably think I'm anti-social as whenever I try to answer the call I straight up decline without intention.

Not sure if this is an issue also but I've noticed the frequency of phone calls/texts/invites is rather high, I imagine this is increased because I have 'social-interaction' DLC's like Dine Out and City Living, but it feels like the phone is ringing every 5 minutes. Is possible to get an option to reduce the frequency of invites?
  • DoodleSmack32DoodleSmack32 Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2018
    @MrDuck I know the frequency of invites was reduced in a patch later on for PC after Get Together first came out. Maybe they didn't add that one in yet since we don't have Get Together for console yet? I don't have Dine Out for console so I wouldn't know about invites. Sims just ask if they can come over maybe every 2-3 days. Or I'll have a day where my Sims just get visited by like 5 sims throughout the day lol. Hecka random and stuff.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Please fix the game crashing when loading a household issue? For the first time last time, the game crashed twice while trying to load Ophelia Villa (the gothic house in Willow's Creek). The third time it worked but that was the very first time any house on a lot bigger than 20x15 has crashed the game. To be honest, I'm really getting sick of it.

All these game patches are supposed to fix the issues being reported, instead they simply add new features.
    2quwd7.gif

• techblogger911techblogger911 Posts: 21 Member
    The game is crashing after the update, please fix this devs because it is kinda annoying whenever it's happening during the game proper. Thanks
  • JayR247JayR247 Posts: 26 Member
    Anyone else unable to save households or lots to their library? I've tried deleting households and lots I didn't care too much for but still, nothing. I have one household that has just a white box with a red 'X' as the picture and I can't delete it at all, saying that the file can't be found. All my other corrupt files have been deleted except this one and since they started showing up I've started having these problems, I've been unable to save families. I'm playing on Ps4 by the way
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Ophelia Villa crashed the game three times last night. It's getting infuriating.

You leave the game one night where perhaps Shara is working out at the gym or the majority of the household is in bed, you decide to continue on the following night, you load the house and just as it's about to run, the game crashes.

You restart the game, load that household again and just as it's about to run, the game crashes. Again.

You restart the game, load that household again and just as it's about to run, the game crashes. AGAIN!!!

What has happened to suddenly make this house crash all the time? It finally worked later on after spending some time at another house. Rather than new patches adding new features, it's this kind of infuriating issue that should be getting looked at and fixed.
    2quwd7.gif