Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Actively Playing The Sims 4

Comments

• thedoctor5026thedoctor5026 Posts: 21 Member
    8/10
    I only switched from TS3 to TS4 over Christmas (mostly mourning the fact that once I got in to TS4 I knew I wouldn't go back to TS3, all that money I spent..... never mind!) - However, despite my initial skeptikality (not even a word, but sounds pretty neat), I do love TS4. Bearing in mind I came straight in with the base game and with Parenthood. I do love the toddlers, however they are harder work that TS3. On TS3 I could have managed 4-5 toddlers in one household, now I can just about cope with two! Assuming there are no children, it certainly takes a lot longer to care for them in this game. I do miss the town feature of TS3, I did like being able to travel around the neighbourhood whilst still being in full control of the rest of the household. It would be nice to see this feature again maybe in a later game!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    5/10
    I was going to give it a 6 but the bugs especially with Dine out and sims dropping actions to stare at artwork have been driving me crazy.
    • There is still no dancing face to face.
    • I hate that there is no communication while fishing or bowling.
    • Night clubs are boring because my sims are never trying to meet or talk to people, they just flock to the bar and drink and drink and drink. Even if I have a sim start a conversation with another sim it is usually dropped to the bar both sims go..lol
    • There is no attraction system so I just hook my sims up with whoever I feel they should be with.
    • There are still no seasons. I am really scared about how they are are going to deal with Seasons.
    • Expansions are really bad in this iteration. I don't even look forward to them.
    • The stuff packs started out great but now they are excessive and adding stuff that should have been included in expansions.

I still feel like this game has a long way to go to get even a 8 from me. The game has been fun for me because I have gameplay mods to make storytelling entertaining for me. Without the mods, I probably would not have been playing.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    9/10
    I love the detail in the cas game play is okay miss seasons the rest of the supernatural witches, especially. Hate the monthly update half the time it breaks the game or causes some bigger bug have to wait week or more for the fix or news about what happened. Hate that EA is keeping us in the dark about what plans are for future except the marketing a month or so before release of a pack. The lag in the game is getting worse with each GP EP pretty soon only high end gaming computer are all that will be able to run S4
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Lianimal_1Lianimal_1 Posts: 198 Member
    7/10
    I love the game. Building and decorating are my things, and I madly love TS4 build mode. Decorating though....ugh. I'd give it a ten if they'd give us a terrain tool and more color swatches. There are some things I'd love to use, but nothing goes with them! And clothing styles. I created a Medieval family the other day to live in a new Medieval house I built....Dad was great! But when it came to mom and the kids...nothing but items that were good on their own, but didn't match anything else.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    4/10
    I wish it had a lot more in it than it does.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    8/10
    Honestly, I played the crap out of Sims 2 but hated Sims 3. (Mostly because I couldn't ever get it to run well on my computer and despite not being a strict "gaming" computer, my PC is anything but shoddy.) Sims 4 feels like the perfect blend between the two, and it actually WORKS. Mostly it's the piecemealing of all the game and stuff packs that gets to me (not just My First Pet, btw), but EA gon' EA and milk those dollars for all they're worth.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I went back to sims 3 today.Im sure its a good game, I just couldnt get past how bad CAS is. And the UI is complicated. Also with advanced rendering on, the game looks pretty but was far too overly bloomed, but without it the game was well, bad. So I just uninstalled. Sims 4 all the way for me. I cant get used to sims 3 at all.

I will say that I loved how it ran on my laptop o:)<3 I picked a good one, it runs sims 3 and 4 very high.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    9/10
    I've always enjoyed TS4. Things I especially like in this iteration: toddlers, the pets (including those little rodents), the ability to play rotationally, and the expanded wardrobe. I still love it that my Sims will pick out what to wear without any input from me.

It's not a 10 because I'm still looking forward to Seasons, witches, and some form of higher education.
  • zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    7/10
    I thoroughly enjoy playing. I feel sims are far more expressive and unique. Two sims with the exact same traits still have their own little preferences and quirks, at least in my game. For the first time I haven't rushed to age up toddlers! They're absolutely delightful.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
    Something I didnt mention, I love how I actually like the clothing and hair this time around. I literally dont even need cc for nice clothing or nice looking sims.
  • Aotearoa14Aotearoa14 Posts: 155 Member
    I've recently decided the game is too juvenile to bother with. Played since Sims 1 came out, and the humour now is like some kids' cartoon.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited April 2018
    7/10
    I chose7. I still feel like sims aren’t smart enough and aren’t aware of their environment and others enough. Rumors should be a part of things and for gods sake, if your sister or best friend sees your husband out with another romantic interest they should totally tell you!

For kids and teens if someone is being mean to your friends it should absolutely fire you up! There are no consequences between individuals regarding behavior-and most certainly no lasting ones. No one remembers that doing a certain stupid act before brought on something bad so they have no fear of repeatedly doing stupid acts over and over.

No weather yet!? Come on already!

The game is, unfortunately, not showing any advancement of AI which is a disappointment because from 1 to 2 and eventually even 3, there was work put into that aspect of the game.
  • Talyn82Talyn82 Posts: 7 New Member
    I just bought the game a few days ago along with the Vampires expansion and Career game pack. And am blown away by the advancements. The last Sims game I played was the original when I was 19 back in 1999. So I can't compare to more recent versions.
    I do still need cc for hair though. But Im a purist , and I really wish I could have hairstyles that look like some of the cc hairstyles ,with game packs and stuff.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    6/10
    They have improved a lot of things from previous games such as toddlers, the club system and the different aging options between unplayed and played sims for example. My only grip with the toddlers is that they already know how to walk. I also like that apartments have specific traits which gives us different problems to deal with where you live. I like the festivals, the return of open restaurants (I don't own any businesses so I don't know if they work or not), timed social events and vampires, the 3 professions. It's a very casual-friendly game with simplified CAS and build mode. I don't have a problem with a semi-open world, my loading screens last less then 30 seconds

What I didn't like was how restrictive the world are, only a few slots to fill and no options to modify the worlds which is a big step backward and reminds me more of Sims Freeplay. I also don't like that there is no car and that everybody already has a phone like in S3. My other big issue is that it's not the personality that defines the sims but their current emotion which change every minute. I don't know the difference between a mean sims and a friendly one because unless I actively create drama, there is no more difficulty for mean sims to socialize. There's also the problem where all my sims automatically goes to take a book from the bookshelf despite not having the bookworm trait or worse actions that disappear. Another issue is that there are less jobs than the previous iteration and yes there are pets but only 2 (or 3 if you own the stuff pack) which is reductive again. It's also way too easy to be successful, there is not much challenge unless there is more than 3 sims to tack care of. I do not like that there is only 3 traits to choose (4 when you choose your aspiration and 5 when you complete it), and of course no CASt which is a shame because I think it would have been the best one if it had it.

Overall, it's a good game with few much needed improvements which I enjoy but considering this is the fourth iteration and that a lot of content from previous games are still missing, there's still a lot of work to do.
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited April 2018
    6/10
    It's only getting worse. Lots of things lacking, prices increasing for stupid reasons, useless packs
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    10/10
    I really like TS4. The sims themselves are just awesome. Sure, it would be cool to have an open world like in TS3, but for me personally it's not the most important thing. I feel the sims themselves are much better in TS4, and that's what I like the most. I have a lot of fun playing, and I'm looking forward to buying everything that will be offered for the game.
    Im so thankful for the advancement in create a sim :) I thought about what I didnt like about cas in sims 3 and I really dislike having to go to the nose "section" and the eye section and so on :s , and use sliders . Its complicated and time consuming. The push and pull of Sims 4 is lightyears more advanced and easy to use <3
    rjssim wrote: »
    I really like TS4. The sims themselves are just awesome. Sure, it would be cool to have an open world like in TS3, but for me personally it's not the most important thing. I feel the sims themselves are much better in TS4, and that's what I like the most. I have a lot of fun playing, and I'm looking forward to buying everything that will be offered for the game.

The only thing I feel open world gives is a lack of loading screens. But you also cannot travel between towns like in sims 4. If you could , Im sure there would be a load screen . But open world doesnt provide any gameplay opportunities that arent still in the game.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    7/10
    I gave it a 7. I like the game overall. The graphics look nice, it runs smoothly most of the time, and I like a lot of the gameplay, but it's missing a lot of the features and little details that flesh out the world and make it more exciting and unpredictable. After playing a while I start to get pretty bored with the game until a new pack comes out and the cycle starts again, but I can still play previous games over and over again (granted they want to run smoothly for me, which TS3 doesn't when you have more than a handful of packs installed, even on a gaming desktop I still have some trouble).
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    10/10
    rjssim wrote: »

The only thing I feel open world gives is a lack of loading screens. But you also cannot travel between towns like in sims 4. If you could , Im sure there would be a load screen . But open world doesnt provide any gameplay opportunities that arent still in the game.

Good point! I do like how we can travel between many different communities in TS4. I also agree that the open world in TS3 doesn't really affect gameplay. The thing I liked with the open world was pretty much just that we can see what other households were doing on the map, but again it's not the most important thing to me and is definitely not a take away from TS4. I am perfectly happy with how TS4 works including how it runs and performs much better than TS3. That camera stutter/lag even on a system well surpassing the requirements really ruined the whole experience for me in TS3. However, one thing I would love for them to bring back from TS3 is tag! I always liked that interaction, lol.
    I miss cops and robbers, swings, kicky bag , and so much more. I hope they bring back the little features that meant so much @rjssim
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    6/10
    I'm giving it a 6 as a game. It's fine, it's fun, but there are a lot of immersion-breaking elements and buggy mechanics that always stop me.

It gets a solid 8 or 9 for storytelling, which is entirely what I use TS4 for. (TS3 gets similar scores from me for both too btw)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    6/10
    6 - I've loved The Sims since the beginning and I appreciate everything it does have.
    But in 4 we're still missing so much that 3 had. I wanted to buy the bundle pack on console today but I've had a LOT of people warn me off because they said it was very buggy and some of the bugs were game breaking. I'm still eagerly waiting for horses. A lot of the hair styles and some of the clothing just kinda looks the same.. would like something more unique like they gave us in the vampire and City living packs. Love the toddlers, wish they had more hair styles too. But overall I'm still happily playing TS4 and I love the graphics. I'm not complaining. I'd just like to see my Sims look very unique and do a lot of unique things :)
  • VriyayaVriyaya Posts: 32 Member
    I'm surprised that theres people for whom the game is their most played, and would give it less than a 5. Why would ya torture yourself like that? lol