Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Actively Playing The Sims 4

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    8/10
    DeKay wrote: »
    It used to be an 8 for me but now I get kinda lazy to even open the game and have to force myself to play it weekly. XD

Why? :o
  • peeanggpeeangg Posts: 66 Member
    6/10
    I get a ton of enjoyment out of this game and it's my first Sim game but it feels like it's missing a lot of small things and details.
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    7/10
    I gave it a 7 because there are a lot of things I really love about the game, but I wish we could have a better mix of elements from all the past sims games. And the glitches are terrible at this point as well.
  • keziahgoodman_xkeziahgoodman_x Posts: 8 New Member
    7/10
    i feel like the sims 4 was just trying to stray from sims 3 and be more similar to the sims 2 -- but in trying to do that they lost a lot of interest by making it so basic in the gameplay aspect. even with almost all the current packs i just ant find myself enjoying it anymore. in saying that i do admire the build/buy mode and cas as they are very smooth, but i wish we had terrain tools to make hills etc.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    6/10
    Tbh I haven't been super active with TS4 lately, but when I get on the kick for it I'll usually play it weekly for months at a time, so hopefully that's active enough?

Anyways, I'd say it's a 6/10 for me. Almost a 7. I think TS4 is a lot of fun and has quite a bit of potential, but for me it's missing the charm of the previous games.
  • Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    8/10
    I went for 8, not because there’s anything I don’t like because for me it’s the best sims to date but because they haven’t finished all the packs yet, there’s still stuff I’d like to see from packs but time will tell if we ever get those things for this game, I’ve loved the additions they’ve had to the base game over the years though like pools and toddlers.
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited April 2018
    7/10
    7 for me.

While I think it's not the best Sims game (that goes to TS3), it's still a pretty solid addition to the game. It's also a very "light" game, as the game can run on almost any computer that can run Solitaire.

The lack of content does bother me sometimes, but that might be a blessing in disguise. The mods for the game are way more complex and brings up more possibilities, leading to mods that act like free EPs.
    I'm back!
  • LokanyaLokanya Posts: 166 Member
    edited April 2018
    5/10
    I gave it a 5 because its okay, but its not great. Sims 4 is the game of missed opportunities. With every thing they add into the game, they miss the opportunity to make it great. It's like its trying really hard to be great... but they just won't put in all the features they need to, to make it great. I was really hoping the Pets expansion would have an entire farm theme, chalked full of the popular farm animals on top of cats and dogs, especially considering how popular the farm stuff was in the store. Instead we keep getting these watered down expansion packs...

Though I must say, Toddlers was done well, and I was very relieved to see that they didn't just throw something cheap together to shut us up. I'm glad that they really feel special. I also enjoy the vampires. I see the game packs as the gems in the series, way more so than the expansion packs!

Anyways, just my two cents.
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    8/10
    I would give it an 8. So far the gameplay is good, and the content that we have is good and some different from previous packs we've had. Just needs that little bit more to push it up to a 10.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    8/10
    I gave it an 8. It is my 2nd favorite behind TS2. With some additions like Seasons, etc. the rating could be higher.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • HenrinatorHenrinator Posts: 55 Member
    8/10
    probably 10/10 if they remove some bugs and adds several expansion packs. as the seasons, music-based, so you can create bands, werewolves and other fantasy related stuff.
    Hello there (• _ •)
    You can also find me here: Origin ID: Henrinatoren | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057159691/
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    9/10
    It's more so an 8.5 for me, reason being mainly because of all the bugs and some problems here and there with some gameplay features (whims), but I'm sure that by the end of the games cycle it will be almost a perfect 10.
  • laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    7/10
    The Sims 4 is a great game and I do have fun playing it when I'm in the mood to. That being said I do find myself getting bored with it and taking more breaks from it a lot more than I did when playing The Sims 3.
  • amandaneunamandaneun Posts: 107 Member
    6/10
    I skipped TS2 completely so I can't comment on it, but between the third and fourth installments, TS4 has certainly become my favorite. I love the aesthetic, CAS, the mood system, and many other things. However, it's easy to feel like it's lacking. Sometimes I really miss the animations from TS3, such as cuddling while sleeping. I also miss the ability to have my sims go in the water at the beach. I struggle to enjoy the game/stuff packs, because I feel like those should be apart of EP's and I'm not really getting my money's worth. The my first pet pack reaaaally worked me up. But that's a story for another time. All in all, I really do enjoy the Sims 4 and can't imagine going back to TS3.
    “... and when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful.”
    ― Ruskin Bond, Scenes from a Writer's Life

large.jpg
  • simtorioussimtorious Posts: 66 Member
    8/10
    I really, really like the Sims 4. Sometimes it gives me happy ts2 vibes. The only reason it didn't get a 9 or 10 for me was because it's doesn't feel as complete gameplay wise, and there's more I wish I could do before getting bored and having to come up with things to keep it interesting. However, I can take a break from it and play it for a week+ for hours.

The only thing I want is more content (no SPs for now), less bugs, and more activities. I can't really get back in the feel of ts3, so greater improvements on this game would be amazing to me.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    7/10
    The last time someone made this survey, I gave it an 8. Now I’m giving it a 7.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited April 2018
    7/10
    It's not perfect, but I do enjoy its sims much more than in TS3. I might miss CASt and open world a little bit, but not too horribly at the moment.

Also, TS4 loads really quickly compared to TS3. So that's pretty nice.

And CAS improved so much! Everything loads pretty quickly, I can easily add new outfits within the same category, and creating a sim doesn't take literal hours anymore. I don't really mind the removal of CASt there, at least not with the clothing (it does make CC creation far easier as well). But I'd still love to edit the hair, skin, and eye colors with color wheels. That would be really nice to have back.

And build mode has improved! Except it removed CASt! So I can't match everything! It also removed the terrain tool. I can't even create real ponds anymore. Or houses on stilts above said ponds. It would also be nice to delete a single floor tile again, instead of the entire floor. :|

Also, dear lord, the world feels so tiny in comparison to previous games. And you can't even really modify it; map view is a still picture. I can't rotate the map view. Map view isn't an accurate representation of the world. It kinda bothers me.

So yeah, it does not get a perfect score. It's still entertaining, though. The vampires are far better.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    3/10 from me sorry

To me the game is so lightweight . The expansion packs no longer have the content they used to , the gameplay has lost its humour and becomes monotonous too quickly , I still play it in the hope of getting interested again but i spend more time playing Sims 2 and 3 still
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    8/10
    3/10 from me sorry

To me the game is so lightweight . The expansion packs no longer have the content they used to , the gameplay has lost its humour and becomes monotonous too quickly , I still play it in the hope of getting interested again but i spend more time playing Sims 2 and 3 still

No need to be sorry. It is what it is. :)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    6/10
    I gave it a 6 because I couldn't give it a 5.5 The game has gotten better (or maybe I've just gotten use to it *shurg*) But with them finally giving us toddlers was a huge turning point for me. But I've found for me to truly enjoy the game I had needed to buy the EPs, SPs, and GPs. So with those along with a ton of mods the game is enjoyable. I'm playing weekly, around 4 - 6 times a week. But I still really wish that Sims 4 was a combo of Sims 2 and Sims 3 with an open world.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    9/10
    I wanted to give it an 8.5, but since that wasn't an option I waffled for awhile about whether to give it a 8 or a 9, but finally went, what the heck and gave it a 9. I'm really happy with the game. I think a lot of features were nicely done, especially toddlers, children and pets. For a comparison, I would give the Sims 2 a 10/10. To me that game is almost perfection. I would give the Sims 3 a 7/10. I thoroughly enjoyed it back in the day, but it has always been very buggy for me, often times not running at all on my computer that could and can easily run every other game I've ever played. Plus I feel features such as restaurants and businesses were done much better in 2 and 4. Really the only thing that I miss about Sims3 are the fairies and mermaids (I'm not counting seasons, because that is almost a guaranteed EP, while fairies and mermaids may not make a comeback). I really feel that Sims 4 has the potential to end up a 10/10...mostly I just really want to see Seasons again and beaches and beach vacations and a few more hobbies and skills such as more sports and sewing/knitting.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited April 2018
    8/10
    I gave it an 8 because it is not finished yet. It also has not got enough of the building tools that I like to use. It runs very well on a just below gaming level laptop with quad core 850M NVidia card so I've saved on buying a new laptop this year - at least. I might give it a 9 when we get a good version of Seasons or even University.

I loved the snowy landscapes in Sims 3 but would have given that game a 7 which is generous as that game destroyed one of my older machines. (cannot find Hard disk)!

Two would get a 10 and the original 1 a 10 just for the absolute joy I got from finding a game experience that took over my life, finding how to batch recolour that lovebed and the news groups I learned a lot of tips from.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited April 2018
    6/10
    DeKay wrote: »
    It used to be an 8 for me but now I get kinda lazy to even open the game and have to force myself to play it weekly. XD

Why? :o

Just so I can update Dylan's adventures. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    7/10
    7.5/10. I love TS4 but there's certainly room to improve re: depth and variety of personality, relationships, careers/jobs, activities, and fully fleshing out life stages. And of course I want Seasons like everyone else :smile:
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    8/10
    If only when sims argued/fight/insult each other they wouldn't do all that smiling afterwards. I want for them to stay mad for a few hours. Facial expressions and all.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie