Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you kind of want but know are probably bad ideas that no one else wants ;-P

FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
Rather than posting in the ideas thread, I thought I'd put this here. Like, sometimes ideas come to me that I'd sort of want in the game, but I know probably don't have mass appeal--for good reason! So I thought we could all share our weirdo/terrible wish list here :-D

For example...I kind of want a death tax? Kids can just inherit everything from their parents, the house, the money, everything, and I kinda wish there was a "tax" of some kind, a percentage of the total estate value they had to pay. Maybe they'd have to sell things off to pay it, or even move. I know that makes things unnecessarily difficult tho, and it'd be tricky to specify, since I wouldn't want it to happen EACH time a parent died, jusst when there were none of the old generation left. It would kinda make multi generations more challenging, insteaad of constantly accumulating wealth over time. But, yeah, probably not actually good for everyone's game :-P

Anyone else got anything like that?

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Mine are a little more cruel lol, for sake of a storyplay I wanted my sim to be able to lose her child (she was pregnant) but I dont think its possible in any of the games without a mod. Things that people play to escape from in the sims is what i want in it.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    well taxes would be interesting I'd have a reason to hoard funds lol, I was thinking that elder ladies should be able to have children but there is about a 50% chance they die during birth not the child but the mother which seems dark but could fit a few stories. Emotional deaths could be stronger for traits or age. Well I guess a lot of things could be stronger for certain traits maybe another trait added with others, like romantic could stay the same but romantically free might flirt whether they are in a relationship. You know instead of close families being in danger all the time..just a thought.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Mine are a little more cruel lol, for sake of a storyplay I wanted my sim to be able to lose her child (she was pregnant) but I dont think its possible in any of the games without a mod. Things that people play to escape from in the sims is what i want in it.

Seems to me there should be a way for those who wish for the sake of story, to be implemented, so that those who wish and, perhaps, need to escape can exempt their Sims from it. Like a toggle, or a way in the game to flag certain Sims. Right now, we can flag households from being culled, for instance. Why not a way to flag certain Sims from tragic events? That way, all have what they want.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Something that I would like to see in game but most probably won't happen is the chance of separated/divorced sim parents to share custody of their children. Like the kids could live with their mother/father on the weekdays but spend the weekend over with the other parent house. The option to be able to do this on Live mode instead of having to go through "manage household" would be nice.

As I often play divorced sims, I can't help but agree with this. It's really annoying to go into manage household and shuffle children around all the time!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    edited April 2018
    Passwords for computers. I'm tired of random sims using my sim's computers. You invite a sim over and the first thing they do is use your computer.

I put my computer in a room with a door and allow access to household only to keep visitors off of it and if the household abuses it I lock it for everyone and only unlock the door when I need it. It can be kind of a pain sometimes I admit, but that thing can be like a flame is to moths.

I do that also, but it would be nice if there was like a password that you could share with household sims so you could like put the computer in the livingroom as like a family computer without everyone you invite in being able to use it. The feature could be like the lock door feature.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »
    I would like more realistic relationships. Sometimes I want to pretend that a Sim is in love with someone else but this person doesn't love them back. But it is currently impossible. Either they both love each other or they don't, they can't have different feelings... Sorry I don't know if that makes sense, English is not my first language ^^

Yes I get what your saying! Or for them to be in a relationship with someone and the sim they’re with breaks up with them because they fell out of love. I want it to be a way for your sims partner to divorce or break up with them, even if things seem to be going well one day it can all change lol.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    amazingemilyamazingemily Posts: 9 New Member
    krakens in the fishing place in the game and more types of creatures such as human wolf and idkkkk
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Justine Keaton.

giphy.gif
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

Seems to me there should be a way for those who wish for the sake of story, to be implemented, so that those who wish and, perhaps, need to escape can exempt their Sims from it. Like a toggle, or a way in the game to flag certain Sims. Right now, we can flag households from being culled, for instance. Why not a way to flag certain Sims from tragic events? That way, all have what they want.

If there was a freeplay option, then an easy -medium - hard hard being the most deaths, higher bills, no cheats allowed, cant easily romance a sim etc id love this game
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    Passwords for computers. I'm tired of random sims using my sim's computers. You invite a sim over and the first thing they do is use your computer.

I think everybody wants that..
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    I would really like demons and angels as playable supernaturals. I highly doubt it would happen though. I wrote a comic based on a couple of demons who come to Earth to trick people. I play them as sims in my game now, but alas they are just human. ^^
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Personally, I would love to have paper newpapers and landlines back. Getting rid of the cell phones would be wonderful, especially for those of us who want the game not to occur in modern day where everyone is addicted to their electronic devices. I think it was a poor design choice to require all sims from age kid to elder to have a cell phone.

Before everyone bought cellphones, there were payphones *everywhere*, so things were not that different in the old days, unless you're talking about the pre-1870 world. Even before that, people sent texts through telegraphs.

But I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of ability to send snail mail or cards in the mail.

I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Crime, but done in a cartoonish way. This won't happen, though, and it's probably for the best.

There are kleptomaniac Sims, so it's there in small amounts. I had a lot of fun playing a kleptomaniac ghost in one household. I've been thinking about starting a gang for evil kids and teens so they can stir up trouble in one of the public lots using the Get Together clubs. It's there if you look.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

I put my computer in a room with a door and allow access to household only to keep visitors off of it and if the household abuses it I lock it for everyone and only unlock the door when I need it. It can be kind of a pain sometimes I admit, but that thing can be like a flame is to moths.

I do that also, but it would be nice if there was like a password that you could share with household sims so you could like put the computer in the livingroom as like a family computer without everyone you invite in being able to use it. The feature could be like the lock door feature.

How about just set it up like the doors. A choice of locking and who can and cannot use it.