The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer is Coming Please Release A Pool Stuffpack

13...Next

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    I would love a pool stuff pack, especially with seasons coming. I miss the floaties, pool slide and lounge chairs. I hoped they would be in seasons but i haven’t heard anything so I m guessing not.
    Lounge chairs have been confirmed to not be coming in Seasons.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Yes, I want more pool related items, décor and swimwear
  • LunarKatriLunarKatri Posts: 15 Member
    I'd like to see more pool options too, like a lounge chair, maybe even with the new seasons pack, we could get suntans too
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    But then that would be an sp for an ep - and we can't have that - now can we? That is if you believe the My First Pet was just an sp for an ep what would a stuff pack for Seasons Summer be. I think when people had a fit over an sp for an ep - that rules out getting any more pets in sp or for an ep to get an sp of things like each season having it's own sp to round it out. If they make a fuss over one - I doubt EA will let the devs do another sp for an ep.

I'd guess pool stuff and suntans are out of the question thanks to us having Seasons already because people will be yelling it should have came in Seasons. I know if I was a dev I would see it that way.

Here I thought adding additional pets via sps was a great idea - but apparently not the majority of simmers see it that way. If I was you Cat -I'd be wishing for a new GP for a tropical vacation with a pool so you can get more summer pool stuff. Maybe people will see that as acceptable.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited July 2018
    We also need diving boards cause diving platform don't make no sense to me at all.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    But then that would be an sp for an ep - and we can't have that - now can we? That is if you believe the My First Pet was just an sp for an ep what would a stuff pack for Seasons Summer be. I think when people had a fit over an sp for an ep - that rules out getting any more pets in sp or for an ep to get an sp of things like each season having it's own sp to round it out. If they make a fuss over one - I doubt EA will let the devs do another sp for an ep.

I'd guess pool stuff and suntans are out of the question thanks to us having Seasons already because people will be yelling it should have came in Seasons. I know if I was a dev I would see it that way.

Here I thought adding additional pets via sps was a great idea - but apparently not the majority of simmers see it that way. If I was you Cat -I'd be wishing for a new GP for a tropical vacation with a pool so you can get more summer pool stuff. Maybe people will see that as acceptable.

The majority of Simmers were upset because it was blatantly obvious the furniture was the missing pieces of the set we got in cats and dogs, that the pet clothing was base game clothing just made for pets and that the additional pet furniture looked almost identical to what was in game.

People had a right to be upset but you dismiss it as “throwing a fit” just because not everyone buys everything because it has the Sims 4 on the front doesn’t mean they are wrong.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    We also need diving boards cause diving platform don't make no sense to me at all.

I liked the sliding boards too :( maybe one day....

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member

If more pool items come in a tropical beach pack that most likely means waiting till Next Year vs now if we get a Pool SP. A beach gp could focus on other things like resorts,scuba diving,beach activities,new collectibles etc etc.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018

If more pool items come in a tropical beach pack that most likely means waiting till Next Year vs now if we get a Pool SP. A beach gp could focus on other things like resorts,scuba diving,beach activities,new collectibles etc etc.

But an sp for an ep is still an sp for an ep. It is bound to cause the same uproar in some people - and the devs are not known to repeat upsets - now are they. Their bosses,EA, sees an uproar and re-acts. I am sure if people had been more accepting of the idea in MFP - then there could have been lots more useful cheap 10 dollar packs to expand other EPS. It would have suited me greatly - as I saw the promise of maybe getting a sp for birds that also expanded the ep. I can think of a half dozen ways we could have expanded the Season EP with 10 dollar sps - have more things for sims to enjoy for each Season - but nope I don't see that happening as knowing EA Simmers obviously proved an sp for an ep is bad - so it's going to be looked on as bad - period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....