Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer is Coming Please Release A Pool Stuffpack

Comments

• Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Can we also get diving boards? I'd pay for a pool pack, new swim suits would be nice, maybe a kiddy pool for toddlers and kids. Pool noodles, floaties, pool games like marco polo. I'd love that. I'd like it if they added a beach vacation Game pack or did something with seasons, but I wouldn't mind a pool pack
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I would like to see a Pack with sims being able to lay out for a suntan and a possible sunburn if they sunbathe for to long.
  • spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    What about more swimming clothes for males and females?

And for kids! My poor girls and boys stuck with practically the same suits since launch.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > This would be a good time to add a lounge chair option.
    >
    > I don't see what is so difficult about lounging. Sims can sit up and sims can lie down with their feet, so it would just be combining existing programing and splicing it together. Take the sitting coding, add the feet up coding from laying down and you have it.
    >
    > If this is "impossible" to do, how about a lounge chair where the sims lie down (like on a bed) but get some rest and relaxation while sunning. We know they can lie down.

And I would like the option to relax back from TS3 when you could read a book laying down again AND L-shaped couches!!!!!!!!

cat said there saving lounge chairs for one of the big packs. i wondered that too.
    edited April 2018
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    >
    > I don't see what is so difficult about lounging. Sims can sit up and sims can lie down with their feet, so it would just be combining existing programing and splicing it together. Take the sitting coding, add the feet up coding from laying down and you have it.
    >
    > If this is "impossible" to do, how about a lounge chair where the sims lie down (like on a bed) but get some rest and relaxation while sunning. We know they can lie down.

And I would like the option to relax back from TS3 when you could read a book laying down again AND L-shaped couches!!!!!!!!

cat said there saving lounge chairs for one of the big packs. i wondered that too.
    That's just speculation. CLP knows as well as most of us do that they can add those loungers to any Pack that they want to.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2018
    sunman502 wrote: »
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    >
    >

That's just speculation. CLP knows as well as most of us do that they can add those loungers to any Pack that they want to.

Graham said they can't add loungers to a stuffpack because of the animations. He said it would require a bigger pack. Sadly the tweet has been lost as it was said a while back. This is also the case with swings,porch swings and picnic baskets.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I actually remember last year one of the gurus said they did want to make a "pool party" pack. Was just one post but it confirmed that they at least considered that idea.
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    >
    >

Graham said they can't add loungers to a stuffpack because of the animations. He said it would require a bigger pack. Sadly the tweet has been lost as it was said a while back. This is also the case with swings,porch swings and picnic baskets.
    But there's still Seasons though which is likely not to be a Stuff Pack for obvious reasons, if they ever release Seasons for Sims 4. So they can add loungers in that.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    We need more items for swimming pools and games as well. I especially want the pool waterfalls,pool bars,pool slides and floaties back. I'd also love to see the Hold Breath Contest from TS3 come back. Please developers I"d love a pool stuffpack before this quarter is over. We've got that waterslide which would compliment more pool items.

This would be a stuffpack I'd actually buy. I concur.
    I think that they have explained the difference between Packs before. But I still don't fully understand why they can't add something like a sim lounging in a lounger by the pool side. Or a sim sliding down a water slide in a Stuff Pack when they had added sims sliding on a slip n' slide in a Stuff Pack.
    I think that they have explained the difference between Packs before. But I still don't fully understand why they can't add something like a sim lounging in a lounger by the pool side. Or a sim sliding down a water slide in a Stuff Pack when they had added sims sliding on a slip n' slide in a Stuff Pack.

I haven't heard they can't add pool slides to a stuffpack. I don't think we have to worry about that.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe we'll get an EP for a beach vacation that will include more pool stuff including slides and lounging.

Someone explained the issue of lounging to me once and if I understood it correctly the issue isn't a sim lounging with their legs up on a lounger. Firstly, lounging is not the same as sitting in a chair but with the sims legs extended. Lounging is also leaning back to about a 45 degree slant, somewhere between sitting and laying down. The big issue is reanimating all the sitting interactions like talking, drinking, eating, reading, etc. for a lounging position. And that takes time, space and expense. So, no it won't fit in an SP and it would take up a good amount of space in a GP. So, the right EP is the best shot and hopefully it will be a beach pack.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Summer is over 6 months away

Couldn't we have winter themed stuff instead... Like fluffy socks, beanies, hoodies with the hood up, a new walk style: walking into the wind. And brollies, that occasionally get turned inside out by gusts of wind.

Summer and it's themes are too far away, and never wanted here.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    What would be the difference between this and Backyard stuff?
    If anything, summer stuff can be added to Seasons.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2018
    ElenPink wrote: »
    What do you mean? None of the things the OP mentioned exists in Backyard Stuff.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    ElenPink wrote: »
    What do you mean? None of the things the OP mentioned exists in Backyard Stuff.

It doesn't, but those things OP mentioned are things that could go in a backyard. It would just be Backyard Stuff Part 2.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Hoping some of this will make it into seasons.
  • AurialAurial Posts: 53 Member
    I agree, I'd also love more pool textures!
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited May 2018
    Francl27 wrote: »
    My Sims never use their pools... EVER. Something definitely needs to be done about this. Water slides, pool activities, pool toys, so many opportunities...

My Sims, even townies, never use the hot tubs...EVER. You have the same issue, but with pools? I assume hot tubs are glitched/bugged in my game, but it has never been fixed as far as I know.

I'm not too fond of pools in The Sims series, but I do love the water slide that came in Backyard Stuff.
    Movotti wrote: »
    Summer is over 6 months away

Couldn't we have winter themed stuff instead... Like fluffy socks, beanies, hoodies with the hood up, a new walk style: walking into the wind. And brollies, that occasionally get turned inside out by gusts of wind.

Summer and it's themes are too far away, and never wanted here.

Summer is in 23 days.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I would love a pool stuff pack, especially with seasons coming. I miss the floaties, pool slide and lounge chairs. I hoped they would be in seasons but i haven’t heard anything so I m guessing not.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It would have been better if they released some of this stuff with the Seasons pack, instead of chopping it up.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It would have been better if they released some of this stuff with the Seasons pack, instead of chopping it up.

agreed. we don't even know whats in seasons yet
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    My #1 most wanted request , if for the sims team to give my sims a REASON to have a pool. Pools are so boring! Wheres the action?

I have my own thread where I share my hopes and wishes for the game's future releases. But here is what I would like to see coming for pools/beaches...

rcYGbSX.jpg

job50kd.jpg
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes please !! I'd like lounge chairs, floating inflatable mattresses (like the ones in Seasons in TS3), round pool shape tool, pool slides, and also more gameplay/stuff to do in the pool. Like dive, play etc....