Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple nitpicks on Plasma Fruit

1: they barely quench thirst at all. My "good" vampires/guilty drinkers have a super hard time of it. Like, it get that it should be a little, but I think the scale could be shifted over a bit. A fruit should maybe give less than a "small drink" from a sim, but not, like, SO MUCH less. Like, 10-20% less. Right now it seems like 80-90 % less. Same with packs really--I barely make up for the thirst lost in the time it takes to harvest/fish!

2: vamps don't consume plasma fruit autonomously, which makes it a reeaaaalllly slow slog to fill them up on them. Vampire families with more than one guilty drinker? Forget it.

3: only plasma janes and plasma fruit salads can be made from them to quench thirst, which makes being a foodie vampire, or a vamp with a culinary career or asperationpretty dumb, lol. I guess just don't play with that, but how cool would it be for a vamp to reach the top of the food career, making gourmet plasma fruit dishes? I think with gained vampire lore+cooking skill you should be able to make a plasma fruit version of basically anything.

4: vamps with withered stomachs get sick from eating plasma fruit salad. That...seems like it shouldn't happen.

AAANd that's about it. Anyone else have any thoughts? Are there mods that fix any of the these? Any hope maxim might actually fix any of this (haha, that last one was a joke ;-P)

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You can also make plasma packs from fish and frogs - not sure if they might fill the thirst need a bit better but could be something to test next time in game.

(Not sure if @SimGuruNInja worked on the Vamp pack but I'll tag him just in case...)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    You can also make plasma packs from fish and frogs - not sure if they might fill the thirst need a bit better but could be something to test next time in game.

(Not sure if @SimGuruNInja worked on the Vamp pack but I'll tag him just in case...)

I'm familiar with the plasma packs, and as I mentioned in point 1, they're not any better and actually a bit worse since it takes longer to catch 1 fish or search for 1 frog than to simply harvest a whole bunch of fruit at once. Like I said in the original post: "Same with packs really--I barely make up for the thirst lost in the time it takes to harvest/fish!"
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I have a mod that makes them way more filling because I’m lazy.

One problem I’ve had with plasma packs is that if you have ones they’ll drink autonomously (ones bought from the computer/the mail), they’ll drink them when they’re not thirsty. Had a Vampire go through like 50 of them in a few days. It was especially annoying since you can’t type in the amount of something you want to buy :neutral:
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i agree that the fruit just aren't worth the effort, but wanted to bring up the plasma pack thing since i bring that up in basically every conversation about vampires needing to drink things...

if you have dine out, spa day, or cats and dogs, use aquariums. if not, just use fishbowls. for all of these but the dine out aquarium, you can buy guppies for $15 each, convert into plasma packs (that are bought for $50 each at the computer) and have snacks whenever your vampire needs. every single vampire household in my game has at least one aquarium full of guppies to watch or turn into food when they're hungry. since dine out's aquarium only allows you to buy four fish related to individual dishes (bass, salmon, tilapia, trout), it'll be a bit more expensive to buy even the cheap one there. but still cheaper than ordering from the computer. and quicker than breeding from frogs
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Most of those problems sounds like stuff that tuning mods could fix. Just a simple change of numbers.

But true, I do wish there were more plasma food options. And that they used more plasma fruits, and filled up just as much as all those plasma fruits would fill together. I might have planted a few too many plasma trees, so all three of my vampires are carrying uh.. MANY plasma fruits in their inventory.

Doesn't help that eating them is not autonomous. It should definitely be an autonomy thing for guilty drinkers, at least.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    I wish that I had an easier time playing a vampire that didn't want to feed off sims. I hate that my vampire sim has to eat several servings of plasma fruit salad or plasma packs in order to fill the thirst bar. In sims 3, it was much easier to play a vampire who avoided feeding off regular sims. I like vampires, but I feel like thirst is more difficult to deal with than before. And gosh, using sloppy drinker is horrible. I've had to avoid using that trait because my vampires felt like they were always getting hungry.

I don't mind the idea that my vampires who don't drink from sims need a little more blood packs/plasma fruit, but what the vampire gets from eating them feels almost negligible.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Y'know, I wouldn't mind so much if better quality plasma fruit was more filling or something. That would be something to work towards at least, add a some extra challenge in the beginning, but then after devoting some time to your plasma tree garden, you'd really have it made. But as of now, I can discern no difference between a regular plasma fruit and a superb one, and as much time as my sim spends in the garden, that's pretty annoying tbh. Same if better/bigger fish made better/bigger plasma packs. Like, then there's an actual fun reward to the gameplay, instead ofof it just being tedious cause it's all the same.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Y'know, I wouldn't mind so much if better quality plasma fruit was more filling or something. That would be something to work towards at least, add a some extra challenge in the beginning, but then after devoting some time to your plasma tree garden, you'd really have it made. But as of now, I can discern no difference between a regular plasma fruit and a superb one, and as much time as my sim spends in the garden, that's pretty annoying tbh. Same if better/bigger fish made better/bigger plasma packs. Like, then there's an actual fun reward to the gameplay, instead ofof it just being tedious cause it's all the same.

Yes!!!! That would be good. Superb plasma fruits would be amazing. I imagine they'd be filled with really nutrient-rich plasma liquid, much more of it than average too. So I think it would be reasonable if one superb fruit would fill up half the bar. You know, instead of like... 1/8 or something.

Like sure, okay, of course plasma fruits and blood packs don't fill up nearly as much as a fully grown adult sim would. That's just logic, I suppose.
    The average adult human has about five liters of blood inside them. And how much can a vampire take from a sim? That is, without killing them from blood loss? I looked it up, apparently it would be about 30% of their blood. That's how much can be taken away before a person most likely dies.

It would be interesting if a vampire could actually kill someone by drinking from them too much. (Someone should mod that - instead of greying out the drinking option when they're weakened, they literally die instead when you click on it once more. Whoops.)

I kinda went on a tangent there, oops.

Anyway, how much can fit into those fruits and plasma packs? How nutritious could it potentially be in comparison to an actual human? It would be great if they filled a little bit more, but, thinking about it, it does make sense that they don't fill up as much as a sim would.

To be honest, I mostly feed my vampires plasma fruits just to keep the extreme hunger away for a bit longer. It never felt like a particularly long-lasting solution.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    FanPhoria wrote: »

Yes!!!! That would be good. Superb plasma fruits would be amazing. I imagine they'd be filled with really nutrient-rich plasma liquid, much more of it than average too. So I think it would be reasonable if one superb fruit would fill up half the bar. You know, instead of like... 1/8 or something.

Like sure, okay, of course plasma fruits and blood packs don't fill up nearly as much as a fully grown adult sim would. That's just logic, I suppose.
    The average adult human has about five liters of blood inside them. And how much can a vampire take from a sim? That is, without killing them from blood loss? I looked it up, apparently it would be about 30% of their blood. That's how much can be taken away before a person most likely dies.

It would be interesting if a vampire could actually kill someone by drinking from them too much. (Someone should mod that - instead of greying out the drinking option when they're weakened, they literally die instead when you click on it once more. Whoops.)

I kinda went on a tangent there, oops.

Anyway, how much can fit into those fruits and plasma packs? How nutritious could it potentially be in comparison to an actual human? It would be great if they filled a little bit more, but, thinking about it, it does make sense that they don't fill up as much as a sim would.

To be honest, I mostly feed my vampires plasma fruits just to keep the extreme hunger away for a bit longer. It never felt like a particularly long-lasting solution.

Ironically, there is a mod for death with deep drinking along with other options

http://modthesims.info/d/591518
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    1. Plasma fruits by themselves are rather fruitless indeed ;)

2. I've got many guilty drinkers and I mainly use either packs and/or plasma fruit salads to fill them up.

3. Well Caleb Vatore is a foodie and I've gotten him into food critic business and has a fun time cooking plasma fruit salads all night long lol. He also makes regular Sim food too for his mortal friends. I keep them on a tight thirst schedule with all vamps usually, and never try to let them go down to half thirst. Have them spend some time at least eating 2 salads and maybe a pack before they're truly satisfied of thirst. I also make use of hibernation so their needs will be frozen, but that doesn't work if you leave them alone at home so they're needs begin going down again.

4. I have no understanding why that is, but they did that by design (a guru answered this one awhile ago), because it's still considered culinarily as food.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    If I give a Vampire the "hardly hungry" trait, will that acually do something to their thirst?
    I never tried it but been wondering about it for some time...I just don't dare to try cause I don't wanna waste the points.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    @RavenSpit
    Nope the trait will do nothing for vampires because it's thirst not hunger. Two different needs and they're can't not die from thirst. Only may drinking uncontrolled from other sims because of their low thirst.

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @Madachan88
    thanx, that's what I was suspecting so no need to waste the points.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat