Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA_Mage said ''soon'' ! How ''soon'' ?

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2018
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand the massive negativity about something that hasn't been announced yet. We just don't know. And I know there have been disappointments in the past, and I have seen the outrage over MFPS, but all this grumbling and mumbling... Guys, why are you here if you don't love the game and have no faith in its development team?

And don't tell me you're here to deliver positive criticism to help improve the game (because it's not positive) or that you only hate EA and not the devs (because EA is a massive company which focuses on what companies do: gathering a profit, so they don't read this). I understand people have all sorts of expectations concerning this game, but why the anger and passive-agressiveness?

For me, I'm looking forward to Seasons. I would have liked other stuff in other expansions but I make a story with what I've got. And if I at some point don't want to play the game, I don't. I'll do something else for a while until inspiration strikes again or a new expansion is released. I won't put negative energy in the game, as I play this for fun.

Oh so criticism has to be positive? It's criticism after all. Makes tons of sense.

And it's perfectly fine to be weary, you know, this game has not a too positive track record for me personally.

Doesn't mean I should just go and never come back to discuss stuff. Same counts for others.

Regarding Seasons; the only thing I said that I am afraid we will have to make another big sacrifice. I am saying that, because we had to do that with every EP in the past so far. I don't think that's too unreasonable to think.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    There is definitely a preemptive doubt going around and, although I can definitely see where it's coming from, it's kind of setting itself up to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I mean, let's be completely realistic for a minute. There are already people who have decided what the next pack is, which in itself is set up for a huge disappointment if it's not what they think it is. Then we have people insisting that X pack must include exactly what they expect of it or it will be an automatic failure. Garnish this with the possibility of a recurring theme with more expectations of it being an almost exact replica of games past. This is a formula for unavoidable disappointment. And we do it to ourselves.

Look guys, we are three and a half years into Sims 4. We all should be quite familiar with how it works by now. We have been told time and time again that we should not expect this game to mimic the past versions, yet every single time there's a familiar theme there's an uproar that it's "missing" something from the past, or that it's too different, too changed, or not meeting the various expectations that we all build up in our heads. It's time to come to terms with what Sims 4 actually IS, and not what we all want it to be. Maybe you'll come to the realization that it's just not something you're going to enjoy no matter what they add to it, and that it's time to "spit or get off the lot" (to coin the phrase in another way, lol)....Or maybe you'll decide that there are things you like enough about it to continue, and that you'll just have to accept going forward that it's not going to be the ride you thought it was, but a ride you can get a little enjoyment out of nonetheless.

For me, I do enjoy things about Sims 4. There are also things that drive me crazy about it and things that I'd really like to see changed or added. But I also understand that these changes may never come to pass and I've made the decision to stay along for the ride because in the end, it's a game. It's entertainment. Am I entertained? Why yes, I believe I am.
    #Team Occult
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    There is definitely a preemptive doubt going around and, although I can definitely see where it's coming from, it's kind of setting itself up to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I mean, let's be completely realistic for a minute. There are already people who have decided what the next pack is, which in itself is set up for a huge disappointment if it's not what they think it is. Then we have people insisting that X pack must include exactly what they expect of it or it will be an automatic failure. Garnish this with the possibility of a recurring theme with more expectations of it being an almost exact replica of games past. This is a formula for unavoidable disappointment. And we do it to ourselves.

Look guys, we are three and a half years into Sims 4. We all should be quite familiar with how it works by now. We have been told time and time again that we should not expect this game to mimic the past versions, yet every single time there's a familiar theme there's an uproar that it's "missing" something from the past, or that it's too different, too changed, or not meeting the various expectations that we all build up in our heads. It's time to come to terms with what Sims 4 actually IS, and not what we all want it to be. Maybe you'll come to the realization that it's just not something you're going to enjoy no matter what they add to it, and that it's time to "spit or get off the lot" (to coin the phrase in another way, lol)....Or maybe you'll decide that there are things you like enough about it to continue, and that you'll just have to accept going forward that it's not going to be the ride you thought it was, but a ride you can get a little enjoyment out of nonetheless.

For me, I do enjoy things about Sims 4. There are also things that drive me crazy about it and things that I'd really like to see changed or added. But I also understand that these changes may never come to pass and I've made the decision to stay along for the ride because in the end, it's a game. It's entertainment. Am I entertained? Why yes, I believe I am.

Thank you. This is indeed what I meant, but you're much more eloquent about it.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited May 2018
    @Irdiwen

So are we not supposed to be critical of the game? That is how the company knows a consumer base is unhappy with the product. Personally, I always am quite skeptical, to the point to where I will wait until about 3 months or more AFTER any paid dlc for Sims 4 launches to see if it is worth my money after dropping to a sale price. The silence we experienced has only increased my skepticism and made me view things more critically. I also have not been positively impressed with any pack since Cats and Dogs released. I no longer look forward to what is coming up next because of my observations of the last packs. My first questions are always "what are the new gameplay features?" and "will it enhance my gameplay?" Lately, the packs lack meaningful gameplay features. All I have seen are bad gimmicks and collection quest adds. Those are not what I call meaningful gameplay.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited May 2018
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand the massive negativity about something that hasn't been announced yet. We just don't know. And I know there have been disappointments in the past, and I have seen the outrage over MFPS, but all this grumbling and mumbling... Guys, why are you here if you don't love the game and have no faith in its development team?

And don't tell me you're here to deliver positive criticism to help improve the game (because it's not positive) or that you only hate EA and not the devs (because EA is a massive company which focuses on what companies do: gathering a profit, so they don't read this). I understand people have all sorts of expectations concerning this game, but why the anger and passive-agressiveness?

For me, I'm looking forward to Seasons. I would have liked other stuff in other expansions but I make a story with what I've got. And if I at some point don't want to play the game, I don't. I'll do something else for a while until inspiration strikes again or a new expansion is released. I won't put negative energy in the game, as I play this for fun.

I haven’t seen mass negativity around here. There’s the standard negativity, but that is nothing new and really doesn’t warrant being shown the exit (asking “why are you here” insinuates that they should cease being here).

Not all criticism is positive, and one should not expect criticism to be endlessly positive. I consider that coddling, and many times it misses the point that’s trying to be made. Someone can be harsh while remaining respectful, which IMO most of the critics here generally are. I do agree that there is a lot of passive aggressive tones on the forums, but it’s best to just ignore those.

I have no clue what is coming next. I do not think it will be Seasons, or an expansion pack at all. They can’t sit on it until November, and there is no way they are going to swap a $40 pack with a $20/$10 pack for the holiday season. Last year we got 2 game packs in the first half of the year, this year will probably follow the same pattern.

Do you think it will be a Gamepack?

I think whatever is shown at EA Play will either be an EP or GP.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    To be honest, I really haven’t seen a lot of negativity in this thread. Having doubts about the game or expressing disappointment in past content is not just being negative. It’s pretty understandable that people would be expressing both doubts and hopes for this game!

And as for being overly hyped that the announcement will be Seasons; I’m actually NOT 100% seasons will be the announcement. I think it will be the next EP, but that doesn’t mean it will definitely be announced this soon. We could be hearing about a game pack or something else entirely. I only hope it’s SOMETHING entertaining and not just a stuff pack. And I can say I will be beyond thrilled if the announcement IS for Seasons. I’m just not pinning all my hopes to that.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sims 4 requires doubt as its built on disappointment since 2014. The foundation is laid but no matter how much you build upon it if the foundation isn't good don't expect the build to be great either. Building things requires good foundation. All these limitations and gimmicks just don't help one bit. If Seasons does happen be ready for hardly anything from even Sims 2 coming back. I doubt we'd get 3D snow on the ground but instead a retexture where the green 'grass' is now bright white that represents winter.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I guess I didn't make myself clear: criticism is good. It's great and it's necessary. Let the devs know about bugs, wishes, hopes and stuff that needs to be improved. But I fail to see how all the complaining is useless: "it won't be good because the rest wasn't good" and "I don't have hope for X pack" don't serve anyone. That's all.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think it could be a Game Pack personally also. I keep thinking it will be Seasons (and I will be fine if it's not by the way it's not my favorite pack).
    I just think it would be awfully early to announce an EP they won't release until near the end of the year. Then again Grant is going to EA play and not Graham. Either way it's fun to speculate on for me. I don't have any dire needs and enjoy seeing how it comes out, since I enjoy the game quite a bit I guess. I think I'd be kind of upset though if it were a completely off the wall idea for the game when there are still a few basics needed to round it out. I do want all the tried and true ideas back .. and some new ones, but to get something like Superheros (if in EP form) before Seasons, Uni or some sort of celebrity packs would give me pause.
    egTcBMc.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Well, in this case it looks like 'soon' is at least three months from April until sometime in June. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2018
    @Irdiwen

So are we not supposed to be critical of the game? That is how the company knows a consumer base is unhappy with the product. Personally, I always am quite skeptical, to the point to where I will wait until about 3 months or more AFTER any paid dlc for Sims 4 launches to see if it is worth my money after dropping to a sale price. The silence we experienced has only increased my skepticism and made me view things more critically. I also have not been positively impressed with any pack since Cats and Dogs released. I no longer look forward to what is coming up next because of my observations of the last packs. My first questions are always "what are the new gameplay features?" and "will it enhance my gameplay?" Lately, the packs lack meaningful gameplay features. All I have seen are bad gimmicks and collection quest adds. Those are not what I call meaningful gameplay.

But you are not the only one who plays this game and I actually love the last gp as I enjoy a fun adventure vacation with my sims - archeology, collecting things - meeting the locals, making new friends, and learning the new dances. It is MY kind of pack. So just because you do not enjoy it does not mean everybody doesn't. You have to keep that in mind.

You can specify you don't like it - but you can only speak for yourself - just as I can specify - I love this pack and everything about it. But it does not make the pack the best or the worse one ever to the general audience - it is up to each of us to decide each pack on it's own merits for each of us. You are one person - not a "WE" or "US". Unhappy with the pack does not make it an inferior product.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I think the OP got their answer sometime back with EA play.. these threads tend to linger though. We have gotten a new CM though in the meantime and Grant especially has been very verbal on Twitter. In a way that could be construed as news.. although it's nothing concrete saying this or that is coming. It's more saying stay tuned there is a lot more coming in general. Some of the other Gurus are piping up more also. I'm enjoying watching it over there. Should make an account and join in but old habits die hard.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Well I think the OP got their answer sometime back with EA play.. these threads tend to linger though. We have gotten a new CM though in the meantime and Grant especially has been very verbal on Twitter. In a way that could be construed as news.. although it's nothing concrete saying this or that is coming. It's more saying stay tuned there is a lot more coming in general. Some of the other Gurus are piping up more also. I'm enjoying watching it over there. Should make an account and join in but old habits die hard.
    It’s been really nice to hear from the gurus more, especially Grant as he has been very active in the past week or so. It’s definitely more uplifting than just waiting around hoping that eventually there will be news!

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    @Irdiwen

But you are not the only one who plays this game and I actually love the last gp as I enjoy a fun adventure vacation with my sims - archeology, collecting things - meeting the locals, making new friends, and learning the new dances. It is MY kind of pack. So just because you do not enjoy it does not mean everybody doesn't. You have to keep that in mind.

You can specify you don't like it - but you can only speak for yourself - just as I can specify - I love this pack and everything about it. But it does not make the pack the best or the worse one ever to the general audience - it is up to each of us to decide each pack on it's own merits for each of us. You are one person - not a "WE" or "US". Unhappy with the pack does not make it an inferior product.
    So people may all speak for themselves don’t they? Regardless if everybody participating will understand or not. I don’t see why anyone should have to be called to account why they react the way they react. Some are optimistic, others are sceptical. And both have reason to feel the way they feel.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    If we don't get an announcement this week I just don't know. Surely we'll get an announcement before they show it being playable at EAPlay.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited May 2018

I hope we get news tomorrow :p:p

Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope we get news tomorrow
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2018
    If we don't get an announcement this week I just don't know. Surely we'll get an announcement before they show it being playable at EAPlay.

For your sake I hope they do make an announcement. You are the most dedicated Sim fan I have ever met. You are always optimistic about every iteration. You are 'all in' no matter which game is current. Gotta love that.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Don't lose hope we are not in the last week, it's still almost 3 weeks away. Maybe they just don't want other game developers to know before its announced. I am sure it is a good reason. The Gurus would not say Sims 4 will go on if it's not true. Don't worry many Simmers are just as worried as you are.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

I hope too. But it won't happen. I'm sure.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

It's possible (fingers crossed). What makes you so sure, if I may ask?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Cuz I think they'll announce us the news at EA Play.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Ugh that's so long :'(:s So nothing will get released until July then?
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member

I thought that the Sims wasn't going to announce anything at EA play? The only thing stated was a playable Sims experience.