Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA_Mage said ''soon'' ! How ''soon'' ?

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    SimGuruDrake more than likely gave EA notice of her imminent departure, allowing EA time enough to appoint a replacement before now. I'm sorry if I sound a bit skeptical of their explanation but in my mind, it sounds as if they are late getting some kind of pack or expansion finished and don't know when it will be ready to be released. EA Play is in June. That is a long time to wait on releasing any news about Sims4. But seeing as they just released a game pack and a stuff pack I am keeping my fingers crossed for an expansion pack being next.
    If you look at https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/redwood-shores#roles then you will see that her job as global community manager for the Sims is still open.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Still skeptical that excuse is valid. EA has hundreds of employees working on various packs for the game. And not one of them is capable of creating and posting a quarterly teaser? It is just a teaser, not a live stream.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    TheBoyXP wrote: »
    What do you think about this ''soon'' ?
    1. 2-4 weeks
    2. 1-2 months
    3. EA Play

3...EA Play.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
    Still skeptical that excuse is valid. EA has hundreds of employees working on various packs for the game. And not one of them is capable of creating and posting a quarterly teaser? It is just a teaser, not a live stream.
    Agreed. I also don’t think that the missing community is the main reason because it much more likely is that EA instead is preparing something impressing for EA Play.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Soon...after a short time.
    "everyone will soon know the truth"
    shortly, in the near future, before long, in a little while, in a minute, in a moment, in an instant, in a bit, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, before you know it, any minute (now), any day (now), :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I believe “soon” may be on or about the time if EA Play. So a few weeks prior to the event perhaps. I still believe nothing is coming this quarter (paid content) and an expansion could be announced just before EA Play, playable at the event, then released first week of July or August. I am happy to be wrong, but I won’t get my hopes up for any news before the end of May.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2018
    SimGuruDrake more than likely gave EA notice of her imminent departure, allowing EA time enough to appoint a replacement before now. I'm sorry if I sound a bit skeptical of their explanation but in my mind, it sounds as if they are late getting some kind of pack or expansion finished and don't know when it will be ready to be released. EA Play is in June. That is a long time to wait on releasing any news about Sims4. But seeing as they just released a game pack and a stuff pack I am keeping my fingers crossed for an expansion pack being next.

She may have needed to give only two weeks' notice. But that's not going to be enough time to hire a high-level position like this one. It can take a long time to fill a position like this one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Agreed. I also don’t think that the missing community is the main reason because it much more likely is that EA instead is preparing something impressing for EA Play.

I don't call June soon. Oh well even if we don't hear anything on the pc front atleast we know we'll be getting some console dlc from April to June.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited April 2018
    I can see it going back to how it used to be with months between announcements with zero info. I don't see the quarterly teasers coming back at all.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2018
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I believe “soon” may be on or about the time if EA Play. So a few weeks prior to the event perhaps. I still believe nothing is coming this quarter (paid content) and an expansion could be announced just before EA Play, playable at the event, then released first week of July or August. I am happy to be wrong, but I won’t get my hopes up for any news before the end of May.

I don't see that happen. If they announce the EP just before EA Play and have it playable there, they have almost no time themselves to show us the game via livestreams, blogs and all that stuff. EP's have like 8+ weeks marketing attached to them and if they make it playable at EA Play, they cannot have a solid embargo/NDA.

With thousands of people coming to such events, it's impossible for them to control what info gets out and what stays in. So IF we are getting an EP this quarter, I guess they will announce it within 2 weeks, just to have enough marketing time before the event to promote the EP and tell us more about it. Then they can release it after EA Play in late june.

But we will see.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I don't see that happen. If they announce the EP just before EA Play and have it playable there, they have almost no time themselves to show us the game via livestreams, blogs and all that stuff. EP's have like 8+ weeks marketing attached to them and if they make it playable at EA Play, they cannot have a solid embargo/NDA.

With thousands of people coming to such events, it's impossible for them to control what info gets out and what stays in. So IF we are getting an EP this quarter, I guess they will announce it within 2 weeks, just to have enough marketing time before the event to promote the EP and tell us more about it. Then they can release it after EA Play in late june.

But we will see.

This is what I see happening as well.

But we will see.
    If they let people play “Seasons” at EA play then a lot of things in it will likely be disabled because it isn’t ready or stable enough yet. Also only few of the developers will likely be there and they know what they can tell and what they can’t tell people.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I doubt we won't get any news until EA Play. It's only April, plus the sentence that they published concerning The Sims 4 at EA Play sounds to me like it will be allowing people to play whatever is coming next (possibly the week after the event). So, it has to be announced before June for all the marketing to fully develop. My guess is if it's in fact an EP, we'll hear about it this month.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.

But we will see.
    If they let people play “Seasons” at EA play then a lot of things in it will likely be disabled because it isn’t ready or stable enough yet. Also only few of the developers will likely be there and they know what they can tell and what they can’t tell people.

I think it will almost be finished then. I'm predicting Late June for release.

But we will see.

Unless it is a GP it will surprise me if it is released already that early. My guess for the next EP is October or November.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

She may have needed to give only two weeks' notice. But that's not going to be enough time to hire a high-level position like this one. It can take a long time to fill a position like this one.

I'm confused about this actually. Isn't Mage the new community manager? Or does it say that on all mods' profiles?
    edited April 2018

But we will see.

Unless it is a GP it will surprise me if it is released already that early. My guess for the next EP is October or November.

One thing that still makes me think though; a GP or SP wouldn't make to much sense to me. We had no quarterly teaser and if they are planning on releasing a GP or SP, why didn't we get a Quarterly Teaser? We got it before. The only packs that have never been in a quarterly teaser -Before they got announced officially- were EP's.

So either we are not getting anything in this quarter, or we get the EP.

And another thing that doesn't really make sense to me is; if they announce the next EP at EA Play in June, they aren't going to wait until november to release it. That's just way too long of a wait.

Also a lot of people saying we didn't get a teaser because Drake left; well, she wasn't the only one responsible for the teasers. They knew how the formula of a teaser worked by now, so I guess they could have done it without her too.

Well, EA Play or whatever the announcement is can't come soon enough. Now we're back at the sitting in the dark waiting 2.0 era. meh.

@SimTrippy

Maybe She is a CM until they find the new one.
    edited April 2018
    Deleted
    edited April 2018
    The only packs that have never been in a quarterly teaser -Before they got announced officially- were EP's.

That's not entirely accurate. EPs were in their respective QTs (ever since these exist anyway), they were simply announced before the quarter. They were not left out of the QT and then suddenly released in that same quarter. Doesn't mean we won't get an EP this quarter, but the reasoning is still not applicable here :)
    Maybe She is a CM until they find the new one.
    Possible! Or maybe they've got a global one and .. another one? :D I like Mage though, wouldn't mind her as CM. If she bring back the QTs ;D
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    The only packs that have never been in a quarterly teaser -Before they got announced officially- were EP's.

That's not entirely accurate. EPs were in their respective QTs (ever since these exist anyway), they were simply announced before the quarter. They were not left out of the QT and then suddenly released in that same quarter. Doesn't mean we won't get an EP this quarter, but the reasoning is still not applicable here :)

That's what I said: 'Before they got announced officially' (That means they were in teasers if they announced them, GP's and SP's were already in teasers before they announced them officially).
    Oh alright it just sounds confusing to me, because they have always been in the QTs of the months they were announced in :D But yeah ok I see your point. Nvmd me!

But we will see.

One thing that still makes me think though; a GP or SP wouldn't make to much sense to me. We had no quarterly teaser and if they are planning on releasing a GP or SP, why didn't we get a Quarterly Teaser? We got it before. The only packs that have never been in a quarterly teaser -Before they got announced officially- were EP's.

And another thing that doesn't really make sense to me is; if they announce the next EP at EA Play in June, they aren't going to wait until november to release it. That's just way too long of a wait.

Also a lot of people saying we didn't get a teaser because Drake left; well, she wasn't the only one responsible for the teasers. They knew how the formula of a teaser worked by now, so I guess they could have done it without her too.

Well, EA Play or whatever the announcement is can't come soon enough. Now we're back at the sitting in the dark waiting 2.0 era. meh.
    We can guess all we want. But the situation is special just now for two reasons:
    1. They don’t want to announce everything before EA Play such that they don’t really have anything new for this event.
    2. They are likely also preparing to announce TS5 quite soon.

EA usually only releases one EP each year and quite late. Because EPs seem to have got lower and lower priority (and less and less content too) this isn’t likely to change. Therefore an early release of the next EP would surprise me.

4-5 SPs and 2 GPs each year have become the rule. So we should soon get more SPs and likely a GP too.

But where does a likely soon announcement of TS5 to be released in the middle or in the autumn of 2019 fit into this? And exactly what will EA present at EA Play this year?

edited April 2018
    What games, you ask? At EA PLAY 2018, you will have a chance to play our next Battlefield™ experience, new EA SPORTS™ games, and get an inside look at the stunning new action game, Anthem™. The Sims™ 4 and our mobile games will be on hand, and of course, we have a few surprises as well.

The above quote was taken from the EA Play website. Looks as if Anthem, Battlefield and the new sports games are what EA is heavily promoting. Sims4 and the mobile releases seem to be coming in last on their list. But the action games bring in a lot of fans to this type of event so it isn't at all surprising those would be mentioned and promoted before Sims4. According to an article I read in January, Anthem's release date has been delayed to early 2019 rather than the previous release date of fall 2018. In spite of doing more research, I haven't found any news to contradict that. So EA could be doing some damage control during EA Play to keep Anthem fans happy and interested in the game.
    Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
    edited April 2018

EA has been releasing EPs mostly in November and December. Get to Work was released in March 2015 and Get Together came out that later that same year. City Living and Cats and Dogs were released in time for the Christmas market in 2016 and 2017 respectively. But knowing EA will not be releasing Anthem until 2019 rather than this fall, they may take a look at releasing more packs for Sims4 this summer and fall to keep their sales numbers up since they won't have the surge of sales from Anthem they had expected to have. That strategy might be the reason EA is withholding announcements of any kind. The development teams for game packs and stuff packs might be hard at work to get these packs out ASAP, while the expansion pack team is scrambling to finish an expansion to be released in September.
    Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
    What games, you ask? At EA PLAY 2018, you will have a chance to play our next Battlefield™ experience, new EA SPORTS™ games, and get an inside look at the stunning new action game, Anthem™. The Sims™ 4 and our mobile games will be on hand, and of course, we have a few surprises as well.

The above quote was taken from the EA Play website. Looks as if Anthem, Battlefield and the new sports games are what EA is heavily promoting. Sims4 and the mobile releases seem to be coming in last on their list. But the action games bring in a lot of fans to this type of event so it isn't at all surprising those would be mentioned and promoted before Sims4. According to an article I read in January, Anthem's release date has been delayed to early 2019 rather than the previous release date of fall 2018. In spite of doing more research, I haven't found any news to contradict that. So EA could be doing some damage control during EA Play to keep Anthem fans happy and interested in the game.
    Yes. People will get a chance to play TS4 and the Sims Mobile beside some sports and action games. Then there will be a few surprises - and I guess that an early announcement and a short video about TS5 could be among them. But likely it simmers won’t be able to try it yet.

At least that would be my guesses for now. But something about a SP and/or GP for TS4 could of course also be among the smaller surprises.