Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA_Mage said ''soon'' ! How ''soon'' ?

TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
What do you think about this ''soon'' ?
1. 2-4 weeks
2. 1-2 months
3. EA Play

Comments

• Options
    TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    EA's soon can mean months. Remember the Dine Out ''Soon''?

We had to wait months for the ''Soon'' to happen. :/

Hopefully we have moved past that :D
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    In addition on what had been said above, remember Sims Mobile? Its like its been saying "Soon" for like 6 months :D:D . Who knows how could long this possibly be. My guess is 1 month ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No trailer could mean no new content.

Or it could mean no trailer but we get new content.

My head hurts thinking about the possibilities.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I feed off speculation and rumor from teaser trailers. It sustains me till we get new content. I actually bought and played a Nancy Drew game because I was so tired of building in the sims and had no new speculation to stalk on the forums
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    My best guess with my crystal ball is between now and EA Play (including that date). Bet I'm right!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    This is a bit like going somewhere with children and them saying "are we nearly there yet?" but I completely understand the impatience as I'm also wanting to know what's going on.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    TheBoyXP wrote: »
    What do you think about this ''soon'' ?
    1. 2-4 weeks
    2. 1-2 months
    3. EA Play

I'm guessing 2-4 weeks but remember the pc news isn't all we're getting. Console releases this month should be announced very soon.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    My best guess with my crystal ball is between now and EA Play (including that date). Bet I'm right!

I sure hope we don't have to wait till EA Play. I want to know something before then. June is still 2 months away. I'm atleast hoping a Pool Stuffpack is announced this month but more then anything I want a Seasons or Romance Based Expansion Pack to be announced this month.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

I sure hope we don't have to wait till EA Play. I want to know something before then. June is still 2 months away. I'm atleast hoping a Pool Stuffpack is announced this month but more then anything I want a Seasons or Romance Based Expansion Pack to be announced this month.

I hope you get your wish :). I just don't mind waiting I guess so I act silly about it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Tomorrow.
    And even if I'm not right today, I'll be right eventually.

A quote that would fit a frighteningly high number of situations and circumstances.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    In addition on what had been said above, remember Sims Mobile? Its like its been saying "Soon" for like 6 months :D:D . Who knows how could long this possibly be. My guess is 1 month ;)

If you're talking about release it's been out for about a month now here in the US -- thought it was worldwide release but not sure.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited April 2018
    TS1299 wrote: »

If you're talking about release it's been out for about a month now here in the US -- thought it was worldwide release but not sure.
    I think that TS1299 was referring to https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/05/10/sims-mobile-soft-launch-title-currently-available-brazil-apk-download/ which actually said “soon” almost a year before the actual launch on March 6, 2018.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm thinking EA Play kind of "soon" with some vague hype a couple weeks before. I hope I'm wrong though because the silence is killing me.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I'm thinking EA Play kind of "soon" with some vague hype a couple weeks before. I hope I'm wrong though because the silence is killing me.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited April 2018
    Psychic abilities activate!

The spirits are confused...

My psychic abilities tell me... this means anything we get is a free patch like toddlers... or it's news about the port, like Sims Mobile... or it's just too bad to warrant a teaser, like My First Pet.

You watch, I'll be right.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Oh goody. We're going back to the same cloak and dagger routine where EA puts the stop on sharing news and allows speculation to run rampant on the forum? What's next? A 'leak' about upcoming content coming to us from South America or Europe again? Sigh. I will never understand why EA believes silence builds excitement for Sims4. All silence does is create anger and blows up this forum with speculation. They just can't seem to stay on track and follow through with what we were told to expect in regard to the teasers. And quarterly teasers was their idea, not ours.

Like what many had said this is the reult of SimGuruDrake leaving Maxis. She coordinates and was in charge at this community engagement activities like this teaser. So there is a possibility that we may not get one until we got a new CM.

Or if it was as big as an Expansion of course a proper announcement will be a better move rather than a five second teaser. Remember that many fans treats the new news to be old. We may get a teaser about seasons(if that will happen) and release a traile months layer but at that time many people will already say that they new already about this and want new features again like seasons. Anyways no matter which route they go there will always be anger imo.

• Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member

Those would be awesome ones. I’m hoping soon is in the next month if not I’m still having fun with the Jungle Adventures GP!
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    SimGuruDrake more than likely gave EA notice of her imminent departure, allowing EA time enough to appoint a replacement before now. I'm sorry if I sound a bit skeptical of their explanation but in my mind, it sounds as if they are late getting some kind of pack or expansion finished and don't know when it will be ready to be released. EA Play is in June. That is a long time to wait on releasing any news about Sims4. But seeing as they just released a game pack and a stuff pack I am keeping my fingers crossed for an expansion pack being next.