Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod uses

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    One or two quality of life mods.
    I just started a new game with two young adult sims who will eventually marry and raise a family. The sims are based on real life people. I also created their parents and siblings and then installed MCCC in order to create the relationships. I'll be removing the mod today. The only other mod I consistently use is the UI cheats extension. Wouldn't want to play without that.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    edited April 2018
    A lot of mods.
    Lots of mods and CC in my Sims 4 game, because it's quite boring without. Then again, I tend to mod all of my games to suit my playing style, not just the Sims.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I have MC Command Center, Playable Pets and then some CAS mods :'D
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    A good number of mods.
    A couple big game altering mods, a few small tweaks, quite a number of custom careers, and all the rest is CAS CC
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I believe I have a total of four mods and a scant amount of cc items. MCCC; Road to Fame; Neis' Career and the expansion. The cc is very recent, some medieval furniture and a couple of fireplaces that work like fireplaces, but give the appearance of a working cookhouse fireplace.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Mod folder puts the library of congress to shame.
    I was going to vote "A lot" but every time I say that it turns out I have way more than I thought so I'll go with the last option.
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I Have to have certain mods for Cas and gameplay, like MCCC, Stand still in CAS, selectable pets. Others I rotatae out depending on how I feel. Like do I want to play with a lifestate, a career ect.
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    MCCC is essential, and I have a few quality of life mods that fix broken features in the core game. I don't use a lot of mods that add features. I use a moderate amount of cc. Mostly clothing because I don't like alpha hair. I periodically clean out my CC and go vanilla when my collection starts to get bloated.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I voted before thinking about it. Mods and CC are two different things. Including CC, my mod folder is HUGE. But just mods, a moderate amount. I don't like having to update many things everytime a big update hits the game.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    A lot of mods.
    I have 102 different files related to mods (not sure if that is a lot). I had a lot more, but deleted them after the dreaded Cats and dogs update for easier updating
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Osmo95Osmo95 Posts: 7 New Member
    i use the mod and cc it depends on the performance in my laptop more than in my Mac
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited April 2018
    A good number of mods.
    I learned how to mod back in the days of Sims 3 and have never looked back. :D I couldn't play a vanilla game if I wanted to, but I have reformed somewhat. I use only use Maxis match hair and no longer use the alpha hair, it is beautiful but files are becoming astronomical for pretty hair (47 mb). I made a deal with my computer, I keep my Mods folder under 1 gb and it runs nicely. :D

I too can't play without MCCC and a few mods not to be named here, mods mostly to do with gameplay. I've toned down on CAS cc and am having no problem keeping it controlled. Patches still make me tense though.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    MC command center has become a must for me. Other than that I have some Maxis Match cas cc. Nothing excessive, just a bit to make my game just right for me. ^_^
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Six and a half gigs of the stuff. It takes me five tries and twenty minutes to boot up my game.
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I realize i should've voted a good number of mods if you're not including CC.
    If you are then my answer is accurate. I have a gig (Maybe two) of stuff in my folder.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I never used Mods in Sims 3 or 2 I was always afraid to, but in Sims 4 it is a must the game is so lacking for stuff to do. I don't use many right now I have only one but I had another one but it didn't work to well. I would use more if there was a way that they would not conflict with the game in general.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I use MCCC and a couple of personality enhancing mods.
  • Faith05201Faith05201 Posts: 245 Member
    A lot of mods.
    I like to use mods that make my sim's lifestyles more authentic and diverse. Plus I use CC, mostly clothing, a few skin details, and hair. Also, I like playing poor sims and apocalypse story lines.
  • Iodum99Iodum99 Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't like many mods as they usually slow down the game for me.. But I need a few that give me more options/cheats for some project I'm doing. :smiley:
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    edited May 2018
    Only using MCCC and No-Mosaic right now but thinking about adding custom traits and some other mods for gameplay... The road to fame mod is still waiting to be installed right now but I'm not sure if I should use it right now. The Sim it's supposed to be for is still a kid so... maybe later.

But during the first two years of TS4 I had way over 1000 pieces of CC in my folder. They are still backed up on a portable drive but I might never use them again. I've fallen in love with the maxis clay like style yeah...
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    A good number of mods.
    candy8 wrote: »
    I never used Mods in Sims 3 or 2 I was always afraid to, but in Sims 4 it is a must the game is so lacking for stuff to do. I don't use many right now I have only one but I had another one but it didn't work to well. I would use more if there was a way that they would not conflict with the game in general.

I didn't use mods hardly at all in Sims 2; Sims 3 I used a bunch of mods, mostly from the NRaas suite of mods (hope Twallan is well, wherever he is). MasterController, Overwatch and Story Progressions were necessary to turn off features I didn't like that also contributed to save bloat (how many times does one need to remember growing a perfect plant?). Others simply helped improve gameplay or performance (I was able to tone down the number of strays plus turn off stray horses in all worlds other than Appaloosa Plains which helped improve performance a lot for my games).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited May 2018
    Vanilla, no mods.
    No mods or CC, but I am thinking to put no mosaic and hide lot trait in my game for picture taking.
    Plus I am wondering if MCCC is useful for storytelling...
    Post edited by Saga-Minx on
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I have a whole bunch of CCs. In the thousands but currently I only have two mods. The mods are the no relationship culling and the quick walking the dog mod. I prefer to keep my mods to the minimum and although I'd love to use the MCCC mod I really don't dare to.

The last expansion broke it something fierce (I've never had it installed though) and I did read that some people did loose their save that they had at that time. I really would hate to have to start all over :neutral: so I don't, at this time, dare to install it. That is also why my mod usage is quite modest. I do plan on adding a few more, for instance there are two custom careers I am interested in trying out. but it will never be more than maybe 6 or 8.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    Dutchysim wrote: »
    No mods or CC, but I am thinking to put no mosaic and hide lot trait in my game for picture taking.
    Plus I am wondering if MCCC is useful for storytelling...

MCCC is geared toward story progression, here is an overview: http://deaderpool-mccc.com/#Top
  • AshlockheartAshlockheart Posts: 3 New Member
    A good number of mods.
    So how would everyone feel if there was a program that updates all your mods automatically without having to go back to the websites to get the new versions?