Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Sims 4 on PS4!

1.Is it worth buying?
2.is it the same as the PC version (gameplay,items?)
3.Should i get standard or deluxe (what is the difference)
4.Can you download houses off a gallery? i'm really terrible at building houses

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    1.Is it worth buying?

Yes it's the exact same gameplay as the pc version and in my opinion worth buying. No gallery yet but SimGuruDuke says their working on one. I'd say deluxe plus there is a bundle. Late Night comes with the bundle or by itself. There are a good amount of packs out now and more coming this month. Controls take some getting use to but I learned them in only one day.
  • WorkFromHomeWorkFromHome Posts: 165 Member
    1.Is it worth buying?

Yes it's the exact same gameplay as the pc version and in my opinion worth buying. No gallery yet but SimGuruDuke says their working on one. I'd say deluxe plus there is a bundle. Late Night comes with the bundle or by itself. There are a good amount of packs out now and more coming this month. Controls take some getting use to but I learned them in only one day.

Thank you!
    have they fixed the bugs for dine out and that?
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't think it's worth it if you already own it on PC and can run it well. It looks better graphically on PC and performs better. In terms of gameplay and bugs the game can be very stuttery when speeding up time. It jumps back and forth time wise alot and that's something that's been an issue since launch.

Performance also isn't great and it can take ages for sims to register that they are to start a new action from the queue. My sims are always late for school or work as they just stand around due to the in game time jumping/delay in starting new action from the queue.

I personally don't think there's anything in the deluxe edition I actually use, it's basically just party objects and costumes with a few drink and food recipes. I don't think it's with it unless you buy the upgrade seperate later when it's on sale on ps store. If you don't have a pc then I say buy it if like I said you do and it plays well I wouldn't bother.

Also in regards to dine out bugs I personally haven't come across any but I know there are still a few in game as I've seen people talking about this on one of the communities on psn.
    1.Is it worth buying?

Thank you!
    have they fixed the bugs for dine out and that?

As far as Dine Out I'm not sure but I do know that one of the premade restuarents booth that sims can sit next to each other is still broken. Sims can't select it or there is always someone there. I wind up having to replace the booth to make it work. I only play restuarents to send my sims to. I haven't had a sim own a restuarent so I don't know if those bugs have been fixed.
  • Steel_Illusion9Steel_Illusion9 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi, I am new to The Sims 4 (my first Sims game was The Sims 2). I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post this question on, but I am currently playing on the PlayStation 4 and I was wondering how to create transgender sims. If anyone could offer me any advice than that would be greatly appreciated. PEACE! ✌️

- S 😜
    Hi, I am new to The Sims 4 (my first Sims game was The Sims 2). I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post this question on, but I am currently playing on the PlayStation 4 and I was wondering how to create transgender sims. If anyone could offer me any advice than that would be greatly appreciated. PEACE! ✌️

- S 😜

You do it like with the PC. There are gender options In cas with masculine and feminine.
  • NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    When creating a sim in cas go to the upper legt corner. There you can select for female or male sim. Under there you can select a few dots. That opens up an new menu where you select you're transgender options.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    So I have a SIM doing garnering and she has found most of the stuff bar a few bit on the collections it's only bringing up 5 she has found does anyone know why?
    Are you refering to you're collection? As in you're inventory?
    So if I want to make a transgender woman, do I choose the feminine physical frame and the feminine option for the clothing preference for a male sim?
    And pick "cant get pregnant" And "pee standing".
    I want to make a male sim who has transitioned to a female sim
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    I really like the PS4 game tbh, my games laptop died on me and I can't play Sims on the PC for a while so I've been using my partner's PS4 on a 4K television instead. I wasn't expecting much and didn't have high hopes for the console version whatsoever but I was wrong! The graphics are great, the gameplay is great and runs smoothly, I personally haven't experienced any issues with it yet. It is strange switching from PC to PS4 but it didn't take me long to get used to the controls. I will definitely be buying some more packs for the PS4.
    Hecate90 wrote: »
    I really like the PS4 game tbh, my games laptop died on me and I can't play Sims on the PC for a while so I've been using my partner's PS4 on a 4K television instead. I wasn't expecting much and didn't have high hopes for the console version whatsoever but I was wrong! The graphics are great, the gameplay is great and runs smoothly, I personally haven't experienced any issues with it yet. It is strange switching from PC to PS4 but it didn't take me long to get used to the controls. I will definitely be buying some more packs for the PS4.

Also their working on mouse and keyboard support for both PS4 and Xbox so hopefully by Summer we'll have that. Their also working on Getting the Gallery to the consoles but I don't expect that to happen till Winter of this year or early next year.