Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why don't people like laundry?

13...Next

Comments

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't hate it... I would have hated it if it had been forced on us.
    But nobody is complaining about doing dishes existing a feature. Interesting and quite amusing. Hard for me to understand the dislike for me.

We didn't pay $10 for dishes. As a community, we didn't pass by a bunch of cool options to pick dishes instead.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2018
    The laundry SP is okay but not something to have peps about, I do not hate it being laundry has to be done somehow and it should be part of Sims life whether it is liked or not. It was in the previous version and was not perfect but still again laundry must be done. Some going to like and some going to hate/or dislike which is common in everything in life and games. I am glad to see laundry did arrive in Sims 4 even though it would have been nice as an base game feature and not as an paid feature but it is what it is.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    For me, it comes down to two simple reasons:

1. I loathe laundry in real life, why would I want to have my sims be tortured too?

2. Of all the stuff pack ideas we got a chance to vote on, Laundry was chosen. I was fine with Eco Living itself, but laundry, really?! I hope we see some of those other choices in the future, or get to vote again. I felt a bit miffed that our choices and voting came down to something many seemed to not want.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    The laundry SP is okay but not something to have peps about, I do not hate it being laundry has to be done somehow and it should be part of Sims life whether it is liked or not. It was in previous versions and was not perfect but still again laundry must be done. Some going to like and some going to hate/or dislike which is common in everything in life and games. I am glad to see laundry did arrive in Sims 4 even though it would have been nice as an base game feature and not as an paid feature but it is what it is.

Laundry was not a part of Sims 1 or Sims 2, so it was not added as a part of the game until the third iteration.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Well, in my view it's not that I don't like laundry, it's that I would not buy $10 for virtual laundry, and the fact I don't support how eco-living morphed into laundry day. And even then, I'd probably actually buy the laundry pack since it's MILES better than MFP if given the choice to buy a stuff pack I don't have yet. Though still a sale would be more than welcome.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited April 2018
    I hate laundry in real life why should I want to do it in a game?
    Well, in my view it's not that I don't like laundry, it's that I would not buy $10 for virtual laundry, and the fact I don't support how eco-living morphed into laundry day. And even then, I'd probably actually buy the laundry pack since it's MILES better than MFP if given the choice to buy a stuff pack I don't have yet. Though still a sale would be more than welcome.
    Its not an Eco Friendly SP its a laundry pack and no they didn't advertise it as being an Eco Friendly pack when they added laundry to it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I hate laundry in real life why should I want to do it in a game?
    Its not an Eco Friendly SP its a laundry pack and no they didn't advertise it as being an Eco Friendly pack when they added laundry to it.
    The way the pack was developed certainly justifies the statement they morphed Eco-living into Laundry Day. They started off giving players five options: Eco Living Stuff, Starter Home Stuff, Arcade Stuff, Dangerous Stuff and Wedding Stuff. Eco Living won (description: Adopt new home technologies to help your Sim with domestic responsibilities and live an eco-friendly life. Potential areas of focus include laundry, home technology, and solar energy. Several community voting rounds followed, the fourth resulted in laundry being selected as the main feature of the pack. Accordingly: between April 2017 and January 2018 Eco Living had been morphed into Laundry Day.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    The laundry SP is okay but not something to have peps about, I do not hate it being laundry has to be done somehow and it should be part of Sims life whether it is liked or not. It was in previous versions and was not perfect but still again laundry must be done. Some going to like and some going to hate/or dislike which is common in everything in life and games. I am glad to see laundry did arrive in Sims 4 even though it would have been nice as an base game feature and not as an paid feature but it is what it is.

Laundry was not a part of Sims 1 or Sims 2, so it was not added as a part of the game until the third iteration.

You are correct about it not being in Sims 1 or 2 but it still was added in Sims 3 and all in all with that it is now an part of the Sims series and the rest of my previous post still stands.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I think it can be a fine feature, but I wanted that Wedding Pack as well...

Also, I’m not into paying 10 bucks for a menial chore by itself. It should have been part of a family pack or something.

Maybe I’ll get it during a future sale.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

I have closed this discussion as it is indeed redundant.

Thank you,
    -Mage
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top