Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Photoshop Issue

I’m trying to make CC but photoshop keep saying Could not complete your request because it is not a valid document. Can anybody help?

Comments

• PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited March 2018
    Are you trying to open a .dds file with photoshop? I read somewhere that you don't need plugins for that anymore, but I still had to go download a plugin in order to be able to open .dds files, so.. Maybe you should try downloading this (a plugin that lets you edit .dds files in ps) and see what happens. Otherwise, I don't really know, sorry.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    Are you trying to open a .dds file with photoshop? I read somewhere that you don't need plugins for that anymore, but I still had to go download a plugin in order to be able to open .dds files, so.. Maybe you should try downloading this (a plugin that lets you edit .dds files in ps) and see what happens. Otherwise, I don't really know, sorry.

Thank you so much. That was the issue
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    I was about to make this thread myself lol, I'm having this same issue (I get the same notice when I load up Photoshop), even after I've downloaded the plug-in, and I'm not sure what to do. This is a new laptop, it worked fine on my old one.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    I was about to make this thread myself lol, I'm having this same issue (I get the same notice when I load up Photoshop), even after I've downloaded the plug-in, and I'm not sure what to do. This is a new laptop, it worked fine on my old one.

I don't use photopshop, I use the gimp and sometimes it will require you to use a plug in for DDS files however, S4S is capable of using the image as an PNG rather than a DDS unless you are making a UV image for a custom mesh then you should just be able to export it directly to photoshop.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios