Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having Baby at Hospital Guarantees only one Baby?

filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
So in my game the other day I wanted my household to have twins, so I did a variety of actions to basically guarantee my chance of twins. I applied the 'On Ley Line' Lot Trait, I gave my female sim a fertile massage, and one of my sims even has the Fertile Reward Trait. The belly of my female sim seemed bigger than the average sim pregnancy so I thought that she was for sure having twins. When she went into labour I had her have the baby at the hospital only to end up with one baby. So I decided to do a little experiment in my game today to try and have twins at the hospital. I took the steps necessary to have a guaranteed chance of twins. I applied the 'On Ley Line' Lot Trait, I gave one of the sims the Fertile Reward Trait, I gave the female sim a Fertility Massage, and I even had both sims drink the Elixir of Fertility. The pregnancy went through normally and when it came time to have the baby I went to have it at the hospital, only to end up with one baby again. So then I tried to have twins again with the same steps taken except this time I had the baby born at home and just like I expected I had twins. I'm going to try and have twins at the hospital again but right now it seems like twins just won't be born at the hospital, or maybe I'm just really unlucky with having twins at the hospital. Does anyone else have similar experiences?
Post edited by filipomel on

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    hmm. it may just be some really bizarre luck. my sim just had twins at the hospital without trying for them. are you sending both sims to the hospital and following her there or just sending her alone?
    6riwm5.png
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    hmm. it may just be some really bizarre luck. my sim just had twins at the hospital without trying for them. are you sending both sims to the hospital and following her there or just sending her alone?
    I follow them there, I should’ve mentioned that, did you also follow them there?
  • SimCaitySimCaity Posts: 40 Member
    Seems like it might just be some bad luck. One of my sims just had twins at the hospital.. I didn't try for them or anything. And to the question above as well, my sims husband did follow her there.
    Origin: caitlynmaree95
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I follow them there, I should’ve mentioned that, did you also follow them there?
    yup! I've always gotten singles when they've gone alone. your game might just be teasing you honestly
    6riwm5.png
    SimCaity wrote: »
    Seems like it might just be some bad luck. One of my sims just had twins at the hospital.. I didn't try for them or anything. And to the question above as well, my sims husband did follow her there.
    yup! I've always gotten singles when they've gone alone. your game might just be teasing you honestly

I've never had twins naturally in my game. I bet my game really is teasing me here.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I wish

Some of my couples have had some unwanted twins and triplets this generation...lol All of them born at the hospital.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    SimCaity wrote: »

I've never had twins naturally in my game. I bet my game really is teasing me here.

I've had twins at the hospital before, I even once had triplets. 100% your game is teasing you. My game likes to give my pregnant sims mainly male babies so I know how that feels.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I also had twins and triplets born at hospital couple of times.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    I had twins in the hospital without wanting them....THEY CRIED ALL THE TIME
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I've had twins in my other saves in the hospital. I have the parents woohoo twice as part of a ritual that tends to work from Sims 2. The funny thing in my legacy save I can't get twins or baby girls, which is a pain for progressing in my matriarch strict rules legacy game. But in the other games twins pop up all the time, because I use the fertility treatment and on ley line lot trait.

The thing that's difficult for me to get is triplets. I've had only one set of triplets and one set of quads from the Villareal father with his mistress. The kids all looked like him with a big nose except one girl looked like Luna with black hair. The triplets and quads just happened without using any rewards. The mother lived alone and I'm thinking that increased the odds for multiples.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I had twin girls at the hospital too. Really only wanted one, but I rolled with it. I have never, in any sim game had triplets! Ever!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    I have my sims had twins in the hospital. The second baby will appear next to first baby in it's own bassinet.
  • destineepanicdestineepanic Posts: 20 New Member
    > @keekee53 said:
    > I wish
    >
    > Some of my couples have had some unwanted twins and triplets this generation...lol All of them born at the hospital.

Same! lol It's so funny when you're just expecting a normal single child, and TWO come out! Thinking about it now though, I haven't had twins yet in TS4.
  • destineepanicdestineepanic Posts: 20 New Member
    > @Cherryrose_x said:
    > I had twin girls at the hospital too. Really only wanted one, but I rolled with it. I have never, in any sim game had triplets! Ever!

I can't say that I have either! That would definitely be surprising having to buy 3 cribs lol
  • MoonBaby0803MoonBaby0803 Posts: 34 Member
    I've only had success with twins when I have the let line trait but never had triplets. I wish I could though I've wanted them for so long xD. Any one know how to increase your chances?
  • JrKyodaiJrKyodai Posts: 11 New Member
    Nah it must be bad luck or something. I had four kids at the hospital (kill me)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Not at all. I've had twins in the hospital. As a matter of fact, I get twins a lot in this game. :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AshlynMckAshlynMck Posts: 22 Member
    @filipomel Yes omg I have experienced exactly what you are talking about though and it plums because I did everything you did and looked for termites and took the time and leveled up my sims herbalism skills and I had the ley line trait, one of my sims has the fertile trait, and I called and had a fertility massage a couple of times. Well, I saved the game in her third trimester and she went into labor and I had her go to the hospital. I was really being hopeful for my first set of triplets but I knew at the very least she should give birth to twins. Nope she gave birth to one baby. I didn't save and just exited the game. Then I opened the game again and went back to my same save where she was still in her third trimester and I have a home birth and she had twins. I have never had multiples at the hospital even with both of my sims having the fertile trait. I thought it was by chance but man what a frigging tease.
  • AshlynMckAshlynMck Posts: 22 Member
    And I also send both sims always, but now I just stick to home births mainly.
  • CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    The game could be teasing you. I had alien twins at the hospital (but that could be from the magical power of aliens.)
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sim I played had twins only one was born in the hospital but they were both accounted for when sims returned home.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Two out of the three times I have sent sims to the hospital, they've had twins.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I did not read all of the comments so if someone already mentioned this then just ignore me. Going to the hospital to have the baby will negate the 'on ley line' trait. You have to have the baby at home for it to work. Never had it fail if I don't go to the hospital.
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    I did not read all of the comments so if someone already mentioned this then just ignore me. Going to the hospital to have the baby will negate the 'on ley line' trait. You have to have the baby at home for it to work. Never had it fail if I don't go to the hospital.

I did not know this, if I put the lot trait on the Hospital lot will it work then? But thank you for this info.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I had no special traits on my home lot, hospital lot, or my Sims and Luna (neé Villareal) Straud had triplets at the hospital when I played Tuesday.